Caitlin Clark - Are We Excited Yet?

So the world is jumping around celebrating Caitlin Clark's setting a new career scoring record for NCAA (Women), and will likely surpass Pete Maravich's total before she finishes her college career, although Maravich scored his points in a three-year span, versus four.

I took some time this morning to view a highlight film of her exploits, and she definitely has good basic skills, great court awareness, and can shoot the hell out of the ball. She does not appear to have outstanding quickness, speed, or offensive moves...she's a girl, after all. Comparing her to male college stars, Maravich in particular, would be ludicrous. Maravich's lifeless corpse could make her look silly.

The good thing is, she has brought a ton of attention to NCAA Womens' Basketball, if only to her own team. It will be interesting to see how she fares in the WNBA, where there is a lot more "physicality" than in NCAA ball.

She is almost as exciting to watch as Steph Curry. Wake me up when it's over.

no shit sos 434.jpg

She is fun to watch and has good, solid skills but not spectacular passing or defense

While I watch women‘s sports like Tennis, gymnastics, diving, figure skating and Beach Volleyball, I find womens basketball to be boring.

They just lack the physical skills and play like Junior HS Boys.
The only women's sport I will watch is golf. At my age the distances I hit are more comparable to theirs, whereas the men hit it so ridiculously far it's not even the same game I play!

When you watch football or baseball which team has the cutest dudes on the teams?
Good point Moonglow. And there are some pretty women playing in the WNBA. I have seen some gorgeous lesbians in my day. I played rugby and coached womens rugby. I remember being in a tournament party with a team called the Dallas Debutantes. Not a ugly woman in the bunch.. And when they got drunk and started kising each other, I had to find another bar. Not because I hate lesbians, but because I could not get in the action. LOL!

Last edited:
Commentators suggest she stay in school! Going pro would probably cost her some money! :auiqs.jpg: :stir:
Athletes tend to want to compete against the best. The WNBA are the best female basketball players on earth. So it makes sense that Clark wants to go there.

40% from three point range. Do we understand how good that is?

The unspoken goal in basketball is to get a point for every possession. If you do that you will win. That means that your steals equal your turnovers and you shoot 50% from shorter range and 33% from the 3-point line, you are golden.

40% from the 3-point line is a phenomenal stat for any player, men or women. Huge help to the team, unless something else interferes (no defense, sloppy ballhandling).

She is the Real Deal.
But when defended tightly and moved off her normal spots on court, she suffers poor shooting. She then has to rely on her passing and drawing the extra attention to move the ball to open players in order for Iowa to win. Or, she shoots even more and they lose on those nights.

Good point Moonglow. And there are some pretty women playing in the WNBA. I have seen some gorgeous lesbians in my day. I played rugby and coached womens rubgy. I remember being in a tournament party with a team called the Dallas Debutants. Not a ugly woman in the bunch.. And when they got drunk and started kising each other, I have to find another bar. Not because I hate lesbians, but because I could not get in the action. LOL!

You are not a member of their team

I think she would be wiser to play another yr in college. Solidify her records another year. Also college has wider exposure.

Forum List

Back