Caitlin Clark becomes the NCAA Basketball all time leading scorer.

This is like Cleveland having 6 NFL championships. While technically true no one cares because it happened before the sport really became a thing. You'll notice that Clark holds the NCAA record not the record this woman holds which is per your article the AIAW record. So no Mrs. Moore is not the real NCAA women's career scoring champ.

They're also trying to make her the college GOAT w/o winning a championship! She needs at least 1! :nono:

It's all relative. How are we to say that Clark's competition is inferior to Maravich's? They both play/played against the best competition that their respective leagues had to offer them.
She also had the three point shot her whole NCAA career.

If the NCAA wants to combine womens records with men, then they need to do it in every category.
In that case, there would not be many womens records

Maravich set his record in three seasons because Freshmen were not allowed to play varsity.
Clark also only played three seasons - becasue of COVID

No denying she's one of the best women shooters ever. But to compare the records is silly.

Yeah, I agree. They're both accomplished, but I don't get the whole comparison thing either. Talk to me when she has a penis. :rofl:

😲

On second thought....no, don't. 🤮

Yeah...because they're, you know, men.

Should she be learning how to bake cookies and serve refreshments instead?
No, its not her fault that bat-shit crazy libs get carried away and say stupid things about her accomplishment

She’s the highest scoring FEMALE player

Nothing more

No, its not her fault that bat-shit crazy libs get carried away and say stupid things about her accomplishment

She’s the highest scoring FEMALE player

Nothing more

The highest scoring female college basketball player is Perle Moore. But this gets ignored. Why?

"Two weeks after she broke the record for women, Caitlin Clark has become NCAA Division I basketball’s overall top scorer, period.
The Iowa Hawkeyes star went into Sunday's game against the Ohio State Buckeyes needing 18 points to break “Pistol Pete” Maravich's record of 3,667 career points, which stood for more than 50 years. And with a second-quarter free throw, she became the top-scoring player — man or woman — in NCAA basketball history."

Caitlin Clark can shoot!
Great accomplishment on her part, and clearly well-deserved.

200.gif

The highest scoring female college basketball player is Perle Moore. But this gets ignored. Why?
Because it happened at a time when few women were playing. You have to put into perspective the state of the sport at the time the "record" was set. There's a reason no one gives a shit about anything Pre SB era in football. It's not because the play was so much better than post SB era. Pearl Moore might have been the greatest female basketball player of all time. The circumstances are such that she will never be seen as the GOAT because of when she played and who she was playing against. That might not be "fair" but it's just the way it is.

congratulations ms clark

female basketball is extremely popular.

Not really, the men's leagues draw a whole lot more money that the chicks do.

Maybe if the WNBA had their players wear better uniforms like the LFL does? As well as maybe hire beauticians to doll up the babes so men would be more interested?

congratulations ms clark

female basketball is extremely popular. my wife is a fan of lsu and their colorful coach whose name i can't seem to remember.
When did the women's game become "extremely popular"? Just because you're old lady likes it doesnt mean it's popular.

Because it happened at a time when few women were playing. You have to put into perspective the state of the sport at the time the "record" was set. There's a reason no one gives a shit about anything Pre SB era in football. It's not because the play was so much better than post SB era. Pearl Moore might have been the greatest female basketball player of all time. The circumstances are such that she will never be seen as the GOAT because of when she played and who she was playing against. That might not be "fair" but it's just the way it is.

lol, all time means all time.

Is it because Pearl is black?

Forum List

Back