Caitlin Clark becomes the NCAA Basketball all time leading scorer.

WinterBorn

Diamond Member
Nov 18, 2011
Atlanta

"Two weeks after she broke the record for women, Caitlin Clark has become NCAA Division I basketball’s overall top scorer, period.
The Iowa Hawkeyes star went into Sunday's game against the Ohio State Buckeyes needing 18 points to break “Pistol Pete” Maravich's record of 3,667 career points, which stood for more than 50 years. And with a second-quarter free throw, she became the top-scoring player — man or woman — in NCAA basketball history."

Caitlin Clark can shoot!

"Two weeks after she broke the record for women, Caitlin Clark has become NCAA Division I basketball’s overall top scorer, period.
The Iowa Hawkeyes star went into Sunday's game against the Ohio State Buckeyes needing 18 points to break “Pistol Pete” Maravich's record of 3,667 career points, which stood for more than 50 years. And with a second-quarter free throw, she became the top-scoring player — man or woman — in NCAA basketball history."

Caitlin Clark can shoot!
congratulations ms clark

female basketball is extremely popular. my wife is a fan of lsu and their colorful coach whose name i can't seem to remember.

Caitlin Clark can shoot!
If this female was playing the men that Maravich played against she would have never gotten off the bench to score any points

congratulations ms clark

female basketball is extremely popular. my wife is a fan of lsu and their colorful coach whose name i can't seem to remember.

Kim Mulkey.

And yes, she is colorful. She and Cam Newton must be related somehow.

Good on her I guess but it's really sort of a "if a tree falls in the forest" type of thing for most folks. I'm sure there's a women's paper football champion out there somewhere too. ;)

She DID NOT break Maravich's scoring record. It is a different sport under different rules, and the only common factor was the hoop.

This is exactly like saying that Eddie Feigner broke Walter Johnson't strikeout record (If you don't get it, look it up).

She can hit from anywhere on the court.

But I have to admit……She shoots like a girl
Her shots originate from chest level, not over her head
We can argue the merits of Title IX. Of course, once the Trannie men start playing, it will change the whole women's sport. In society, we accept women's sports. There always was some form of women's sports. There is a reason that midnight basketball was instituted for males and the public courts in many areas are always full. We forget the violence that males can do. And now females are into it more than the past because of all this social justice. There is only so much money to go around and we are starting to feel its affects as with sanctuary cities.

We can argue the merits of Title IX. Of course, once the Trannie men start playing, it will change the whole women's sport. In society, we accept women's sports. There always was some form of women's sports. There is a reason that midnight basketball was instituted for males and the public courts in many areas are always full. We forget the violence that males can do. And now females are into it more than the past because of all this social justice. There is only so much money to go around and we are starting to feel its affects as with sanctuary cities.

Title IX recognized that sports are as important for women as it was for men.
It required colleges to spend as much on womens sports as they do Mens sports and opened up opportunities for women

THis is dumb.
Of course she is not the NCAA all time scorer. She is the NCAA Women's all time scorer.

She has never played a single game in NCAA Mens Division. Not one.
So it is silly to say she is top for both.

THis is dumb.
Of course she is not the NCAA all time scorer. She is the NCAA Women's all time scorer.

She has never played a single game in NCAA Mens Division. Not one.
So it is silly to say she is top for both.
Agree
They may be the same game, but different sports

It would be like using mens records as beating the womens record

It's all relative. How are we to say that Clark's competition is inferior to Maravich's? They both play/played against the best competition that their respective leagues had to offer them.
The men are far superior to women in basketball

Agree
They may be the same game, but different sports

It would be like using mens records as beating the womens record
Thank you... exactly.
I was going to say if you want to say this, then you have to erase every women's record holders and replace them with men who beat their numbers

She's the best basketball player in her league and congratulations are due. It's not an apples-to-apples comparison between her and Pistol Pete, for sure, but it's a noteworthy achievement, none-the-less.

She's the best basketball player in her league and congratulations are due. It's not an apples-to-apples comparison between her and Pistol Pete, for sure, but it's a noteworthy achievement, none-the-less.
Equally as notable as all of the other Women's record holders.
But any attempt to replace Pistol Pete's record with hers is disingenuous.
If you do that, then you must also replace every Women's record holder where a male is higher in all NCAA sports.

Forum List

Back