Clark Selected First By Indiana Fever In WNBA Draft, Rival Angel Reese, 7th, Chicago Sky

Caitlin Clark, the prolific shooting guard from Iowa who set the NCAA all-time scoring mark and ushered in a newfound popularity for women’s basketball that reaped records for attendance and television viewership, was selected No. 1 overall in the WNBA draft by the Indiana Fever on Monday night.

The 22-year-old native of West Des Moines, Iowa, electrified crowds wherever she played this season because of her shooting range, regularly hitting logo 3-pointers with ease, and her playmaking ability, routinely setting up teammates for easy scores.

Clark joins a Fever team with 2023 WNBA Rookie of the Year Aliyah Boston. The Fever finished 13-27 last season and missed the postseason in each of the past seven seasons. But an inside-outside combination of Clark and Boston, who was the No. 1 pick in last year’s draft, could propel Indiana back to the playoffs once again.

LSU’s Angel Reese, the “Bayou Barbie” who created a rivalry with Clark in last year’s title game was drafted by the Chicago Sky with the No. 7 pick in the WNBA draft.

IM2
You poor kid, the White athlete who is better than the Black Athlete was picked first.
Dude…

can't we just be happy for Clark... like it or not she may be the best player in woman's college basketball today and she will help to put the WNBA on the map... and every player will benefit from it white and black....
----------------------------------------------------------

I quite agree. That is a good post, Rambunctious. A hat-tip.
Clark electrified B10 women's b-ball......and then all of college b-ball.
Good on her.

This maybe a little off topic but without googling who knows how many WNBA teams there are? I didn’t took a guess and was off by about 10.

Has anyone here been to a WNBA game

Smart move by Indiana. They know their fans will react in a positive manner with a smart white woman leading their team.
I think they happen to have to most nationally televised games this season... gee wonder how that happened... lol
I plan on watching more WNBA...

Forum List

Back