Caitlin Clark - Are We Excited Yet?

DGS49

Diamond Member
Apr 12, 2012
Pittsburgh

So the world is jumping around celebrating Caitlin Clark's setting a new career scoring record for NCAA (Women), and will likely surpass Pete Maravich's total before she finishes her college career, although Maravich scored his points in a three-year span, versus four.

I took some time this morning to view a highlight film of her exploits, and she definitely has good basic skills, great court awareness, and can shoot the hell out of the ball. She does not appear to have outstanding quickness, speed, or offensive moves...she's a girl, after all. Comparing her to male college stars, Maravich in particular, would be ludicrous. Maravich's lifeless corpse could make her look silly.

The good thing is, she has brought a ton of attention to NCAA Womens' Basketball, if only to her own team. It will be interesting to see how she fares in the WNBA, where there is a lot more "physicality" than in NCAA ball.

She is almost as exciting to watch as Steph Curry. Wake me up when it's over.

So the world is jumping around celebrating Caitlin Clark's setting a new career scoring record for NCAA (Women), and will likely surpass Pete Maravich's total before she finishes her college career, although Maravich scored his points in a three-year span, versus four.

I took some time this morning to view a highlight film of her exploits, and she definitely has good basic skills, great court awareness, and can shoot the hell out of the ball. She does not appear to have outstanding quickness, speed, or offensive moves...she's a girl, after all. Comparing her to male college stars, Maravich in particular, would be ludicrous. Maravich's lifeless corpse could make her look silly.

The good thing is, she has brought a ton of attention to NCAA Womens' Basketball, if only to her own team. It will be interesting to see how she fares in the WNBA, where there is a lot more "physicality" than in NCAA ball.

i'd watch the wnba if they had an attractive woman......the butch lezbos are so disgusting i can't look at em....the straight ones are so god damned ugly............we need dudes in this league to pretty the faces...lol

She is really good. Not only is she leading in scoring, she is leading in assists.

Maravich did do what he did in three seasons without the benefit of the three point line. It says quite a bit that no one has broken his record considering all of that.

But good for her.

40% from three point range. Do we understand how good that is?

The unspoken goal in basketball is to get a point for every possession. If you do that you will win. That means that your steals equal your turnovers and you shoot 50% from shorter range and 33% from the 3-point line, you are golden.

40% from the 3-point line is a phenomenal stat for any player, men or women. Huge help to the team, unless something else interferes (no defense, sloppy ballhandling).

She is the Real Deal.

She is fun to watch and has good, solid skills but not spectacular passing or defense

While I watch women‘s sports like Tennis, gymnastics, diving, figure skating and Beach Volleyball, I find womens basketball to be boring.

They just lack the physical skills and play like Junior HS Boys.

She is fun to watch and has good, solid skills but not spectacular passing or defense

While I watch women‘s sports like Tennis, gymnastics, diving, figure skating and Beach Volleyball, I find womens basketball to be boring.

They just lack the physical skills and play like Junior HS Boys.
And let’s be honest, the best WNBA players would loose badly to a good boys high school team. I like watching the LPGA though. Their swings are smooth like butter.

Good for her. I have spent less than 5 minutes of my 63 years of life watching women’s basketball. Because she is such a dynamic player, that could almost double in the next decade.
a wnba player with a packsge sticking out will crush that record

i really want men in the wnba

And let’s be honest, the best WNBA players would loose badly to a good boys high school team. I like watching the LPGA though. Their swings are smooth like butter.
i can tell you every lpga player by just their legs only

i luv when they bend over on the drive and the putt....imaginations run wild all over the course

They couldn’t match up to a good HS Basketball team who plays above the rim and are faster and stronger.

They just lack the skills to play good Basketball. Not just dunking but amazing passing, transition, defense. Too many still take shots originating at chest level. Their game goes too long between scoring sometimes

I also enjoy womens golf. They don’t have monster drives but play a good game. I prefer womens Tennis to men. It is more fun to watch (Except for the grunting)
Mens Gymnastics is boring, womens Gymnastics is spectacular

Last edited:

There's a girl in NAIA that has scored more points than Clark....

The main problem for the WNBA is that for the most part, women don’t watch it.

Most women could not name a WNBA player or team but could name an NBA team or player

They couldn’t match up to a good HS Basketball team who plays above the rim and are faster and stronger.

They just lack the skills to play good Basketball. Not just dunking but amazing passing, transition, defense. Their game goes too long between scoring sometimes

I also enjoy womens golf. They don’t have monster drives but play a good game. I prefer womens Tennis to men. It is more fun to watch (Except for the grunting)
Mens Gymnastics is boring, womens Gymnastics is spectacular
For most amateurs men golfers, they would do better to emulate the swings of LPGA golfers rather than pga golfers. The women have to have better mechanics because they don’t have the sheer strength of men.

Forum List

Back