Bush: 'I'm worried that I will be the last Republican president'

The Democrats run their most vulnerable possible candidate and the GOP counters with this.

Holy crap. Talk about a self-inflicted wound.

Kasich/Rubio would have put the GOP back in the White House, but they weren't pure enough for talk radio.

:rolleyes-41:
You don't understand what is going on, nor what happened....best you just stay on the bench and watch.....
Where am I wrong?
Post #117

The Democrats run their most vulnerable possible candidate and the GOP counters with this.

Kasich/Rubio would have put the GOP back in the White House, but they weren't pure enough for talk radio.

You don't understand what is going on, nor what happened....best you just stay on the bench and watch.....
Where am I wrong?
Post #117
I'll try again.

HOW am I wrong?

Where am I wrong?
Post #117
I'll try again.

HOW am I wrong?
Post #117

And thanks for confirming my point....

Where am I wrong?
Post #117
I'll try again.

HOW am I wrong?
Post #117

Um, what is your point?

Are you planning on making one?

How am I wrong, and what is your point?

WTH?

Cleveland (CNN)Former President George W. Bush fretted to a group of former aides and advisers in April that he was worried he could be the "last Republican president."

The 43rd president's remark, at a gathering in Dallas of his administration's staffers, reflected a dim view of the party's prospects at a time when the primary contest was realistically down to Donald Trump and Texas Sen. Ted Cruz.

"I'm worried that I will be the last Republican president," Bush told a clutch of former aides and advisers.

The comment was reported by Politico. Bush's office declined to comment to CNN.

Bush -- as well as his father, former President George H.W. Bush, and his brother, 2016 presidential candidate Jeb Bush -- are skipping this year's Republican National Convention in Cleveland. So are the party's last two presidential nominees, 2012's Mitt Romney and 2008's Arizona Sen. John McCain.

Bob Dole, the 1996 GOP nominee and the only living Republican presidential choice who is attending the convention, has criticized Republicans who are skipping it.
George W. Bush: 'I'm worried that I will be the last Republican president' - CNNPolitics.com

... and planet Earth throws a party. :0)

I doubt it, people vote for the person they feel is best from two parties, at some point that'll be the Republicans.

Un
Cleveland (CNN)Former President George W. Bush fretted to a group of former aides and advisers in April that he was worried he could be the "last Republican president."

The 43rd president's remark, at a gathering in Dallas of his administration's staffers, reflected a dim view of the party's prospects at a time when the primary contest was realistically down to Donald Trump and Texas Sen. Ted Cruz.

"I'm worried that I will be the last Republican president," Bush told a clutch of former aides and advisers.

Bush -- as well as his father, former President George H.W. Bush, and his brother, 2016 presidential candidate Jeb Bush -- are skipping this year's Republican National Convention in Cleveland. So are the party's last two presidential nominees, 2012's Mitt Romney and 2008's Arizona Sen. John McCain.

Bob Dole, the 1996 GOP nominee and the only living Republican presidential choice who is attending the convention, has criticized Republicans who are skipping it.
George W. Bush: 'I'm worried that I will be the last Republican president' - CNNPolitics.com

Unless the modern Republican party makes some basic changes I hope they disappear. I was a Republican up into Reagan's first term. All they do now is cut taxes for the rich, start foreign wars and run up the national debt.

Where am I wrong?
Post #117
I'll try again.

HOW am I wrong?
Post #117

Um, what is your point?

WTH?
Post #119

Do try to keep up....this political stuff ain't all that difficult....

Where am I wrong?
Post #117
I'll try again.

HOW am I wrong?
Post #117

Um, what is your point?

WTH?
Post #119

Okay, I tried.

Whatever your point is, you really nailed it!

:laugh:

Post #117
I'll try again.

HOW am I wrong?
Post #117

Um, what is your point?

WTH?
Post #119

Okay, I tried.

Whatever your point is, you really nailed it!

:laugh:
I know I did.....:lol:

I doubt it, people vote for the person they feel is best from two parties, at some point that'll be the Republicans.
They do vote for who they think is best. But they do so based on their life experiences and expectations. Women and Hispanics are moving away from the GOP. Swing states are no longer swing, they are becoming increasingly blue

Last edited:

They do point for who they think is best. But they do so based on their life experiences and expectations. Women and Hispanics are moving away from the GOP. Swing states are no longer swing, they are becoming increasingly blue

Maybe, but then if this happens then the Republicans will move more towards the center in order to compensate for this. In such a situation of two parties, they tend to simply play their little games and make sure enough people are playing their little game rather than the other's little game.

The last republican president went out with an approval of
28%

The Bush's hating Trump only makes me like him more. They're supporting Hillary Clinton for President. Kinda forcing me to be a Trump supporter.

The Bush's hating Trump only makes me like him more. They're supporting Hillary Clinton for President. Kinda forcing me to be a Trump supporter.

The day a Bush votes for Hillary Clinton I will kiss your ass in Times Square and give you thirty minutes to draw a crowd.

I believe Trump is more likely to insist we all salute him than Hillary. She could be even more dangerous but Donald likes/needs a tremendous amount of adulation.
Hitlery will want you to click your jackboots for her.....

I "click" my heals for no man or woman. I am not some stupid cowardly Jew that will go happily into a cattle car.
Damn that click was loud....your hitlery is impressed.....

I wouldn't do that old hag with YOUR dick!

Maybe if Donald was such a good deal maker he would have offered Hillary the VP spot with a guarantee of a say in decisions. That would have eliminated the election all together. He makes up with all the people he has insulted. It's amazing how they all come back groveling to him.
Who did he insult?

We are not interested in your hitlery, nor your GOP, nor your liberal friends.....

The failure of home school.

Un

Unless the modern Republican party makes some basic changes I hope they disappear. I was a Republican up into Reagan's first term. All they do now is cut taxes for the rich, start foreign wars and run up the national debt.
The question is what do they change to? Trump represents no particular ideology. He is an issue based candidate. Parties have to have an ideological base; that is the people have to have something to believe in. The party has to stand for something.

Forum List

Back