Bush: 'I'm worried that I will be the last Republican president'

Bush didn't do the best job and he knows it. Republicans know it as well. There is a reason you don't see him at Republican conventions and barely hear a peep out of him. Look what Trump did to Jeb in the debates, the Bush name is cancerous. This is also why Republicans have desperately tried to portray Obama as a failure since day one and do to this day. Remember the Booooosh meme? It started the day Obama was inaugurated, they want the memory of him and his failures out of discourse.

For the record I consider Obama a slightly above average at best president. Bush will likely go down in history as bottom 15. He did rally the country after 911, and no I don't think he caused or has anything to do with that.

The Bush's hating Trump only makes me like him more. They're supporting Hillary Clinton for President. Kinda forcing me to be a Trump supporter.

The day a Bush votes for Hillary Clinton I will kiss your ass in Times Square and give you thirty minutes to draw a crowd.

The Bush's are very close to the Clintons. They hate Trump. They've pretty much stated publicly, that they will be voting for Clinton. So that clinches it for me. Go Trump!

The Bush's hating Trump only makes me like him more. They're supporting Hillary Clinton for President. Kinda forcing me to be a Trump supporter.

The day a Bush votes for Hillary Clinton I will kiss your ass in Times Square and give you thirty minutes to draw a crowd.
It was Trump who supported Hillary in 2008

The Bush's despise Trump. They're Clinton supporters. And for me personally, that kinda pushes me over to the Trump camp. No more Bush's or Clintons.

Cleveland (CNN)Former President George W. Bush fretted to a group of former aides and advisers in April that he was worried he could be the "last Republican president."

The 43rd president's remark, at a gathering in Dallas of his administration's staffers, reflected a dim view of the party's prospects at a time when the primary contest was realistically down to Donald Trump and Texas Sen. Ted Cruz.

"I'm worried that I will be the last Republican president," Bush told a clutch of former aides and advisers.

The comment was reported by Politico. Bush's office declined to comment to CNN.

Bush -- as well as his father, former President George H.W. Bush, and his brother, 2016 presidential candidate Jeb Bush -- are skipping this year's Republican National Convention in Cleveland. So are the party's last two presidential nominees, 2012's Mitt Romney and 2008's Arizona Sen. John McCain.

Bob Dole, the 1996 GOP nominee and the only living Republican presidential choice who is attending the convention, has criticized Republicans who are skipping it.
George W. Bush: 'I'm worried that I will be the last Republican president' - CNNPolitics.com

... and planet Earth throws a party. :0)

Whelp --- this time he may actually be right.

Well, you think he was wrong to take out Saddarm? Democrat leaders did not. They gave him authorization to do so since they spent years advocating his removal. The Democrats' mission was accomplished.
This is all hindsight but many tens of thousands of ordinary Iraqis would still be alive, as would thousands of troops from the coalition countries. The terrorists born from the resulting anger and grief would not be about their deadly work. Indeed, without the oxygen of Iraq feeding their bitter fires and with the US and more western allies having focused on Afghanistan and the border regions with Pakistan, al-Qaida may be clinging to diminishing relevance in those barren hills. Muslims worldwide would not have been provoked to take a stand against all things western. America would not have sacrificed its principles relating to torture and the Geneva convention, and may not have lost its diplomatic credibility.

And for Saddam? He would be fighting terrorism in the region instead of west.

There are of course other scenarios but I haven't seen one yet where the US would be better off today.

Saddam was still in power when the trade towers were first hit in 1994, the attack on the Khobar Towers in Saudi Arabia 1996, the U.S. Embassy bombings of Kenya and Tanzania of 1998, and the USS Cole Bombing in Yemen in 2000 which all led to the attack of 9-11. Muslim terrorists have been against the west as far back as Israel becoming a nation. Their ideology is one of religious domination, a cleansing against all those infidels that don't conform to their particular version of the Koran. Whether we even chose to build a coalition to defeat Saddam against the invasion of Kuwait or not, they would still be engaging terrorist acts. However if the Denocrats weren't so quick to pull troops from Iraq and then Afghanistan, terrorist groups wouldn't have it so easy reclaiming territory for themselves from a place where they can plot against us.

I think every administration back to Roosevelt deserves some credit for the mess we have caused in the Middle East.

Forum List

Back