Baseball is dying

You're living in the past in politics and baseball. Fans want to see HITTING so why should an NL team get a DH in AL parks and not vice-versa? AL starting pitchers bat maybe 20 times a season at NL parks.....not that pitchers can hit, with the rare exception, so it's 3 minutes of boredom....I go for refreshments. NL starting pitchers bat 2 or 3 times a game in say 25-30 starts.....unfair advantage. All the minor leagues and colleges use the DH last I heard....only the relics like you hate the DH.

The DH makes managing much easier, and as professional athletes every pitcher needs to be competent in bunting, and willing to work in the cage to at least put the ball in play (unless the double play is possible). The Big Leagues do not use pepper as an excellent way to develop putting the sweet spot on the ball, pepper seems to be a practice and a skill long lost.

As for food, the two best ball parks where I've enjoyed the food are AT&T in SF, and the parks in Milwaukee and Philadelphia. NY, Chicago and LA are typical & fare, and expensive. Seattle's okay, Boston has lots of choices outside of Fenway as does San Diego. Tampa;'s stadium is a dump and in Phoenix like Boston and San Diego the food is best eaten in the community.

Last edited:
Pitchers should be allowed one hit batter per game without taking their base

Yeah, that'll spice it up

Pitchers should be allowed one hit batter per game without taking their base

Yeah, that'll spice it up

I agree! But it can't be called a "beanball" unless he hits him in the bean (head). I suggest a "ballball" be used on hotdogs who celebrate a HR rounding the bases...the ballball is self-explanatory to everybody but the libs who don't have balls.

Baseball has the lowest attendance in over 15 years.

Why?.

Its boring because they do such a poor job of moving the games along. All this replay crap just makes a slow game even slower.

In other sports that are doing well, like Professional Wrestling, they don't have booth reviews or any reviews. The refs decisions are usually final and they move on.

Baseball has the lowest attendance in over 15 years.

Why?.

Its boring because they do such a poor job of moving the games along. All this replay crap just makes a slow game even slower.

In other sports that are doing well, like Professional Wrestling, they don't have booth reviews or any reviews. The refs decisions are usually final and they move on.

Professional wrestling?

Professional wrestling?

Exactly. If a competitor complains that the count was quick or was somehow cheated in any way- they don't hold up the match and have the referees have meeting or the folks in the commissioners office in Greenwich look it over before they continue.

They move the match along and that is that.

I went to the Angels/Blue Jays game last night with some friends. I took the train from LA down to Anaheim for $7.00 round trip. What a deal!

Anyway, roughly 65% of the seats were sold for a Thursday game - not bad.

The Dodgers (who I see far more often and actively root for) sell over 3 million seats every year, so it really depends on the team and the market.

PS-the game was awesome- 5 or 6 homers. Angels won 8-5

Professional wrestling?

Exactly. If a competitor complains that the count was quick or was somehow cheated in any way- they don't hold up the match and have the referees have meeting or the folks in the commissioners office in Greenwich look it over before they continue.

Who the hell watches wrestling?
Now MMA is another story.

You're living in the past in politics and baseball. Fans want to see HITTING so why should an NL team get a DH in AL parks and not vice-versa? AL starting pitchers bat maybe 20 times a season at NL parks.....not that pitchers can hit, with the rare exception, so it's 3 minutes of boredom....I go for refreshments. NL starting pitchers bat 2 or 3 times a game in say 25-30 starts.....unfair advantage. All the minor leagues and colleges use the DH last I heard....only the relics like you hate the DH.

Fans are stupid
Fantasy baseball fans want home runs and lots of hits

That is why we have Home run derby as players swing from the heels and strike outs pile up

Batting is part of the game, so is playing the field. Stupid batters can’t even beat a defensive shift. They can’t bunt, can’t steal a base

Professional wrestling?

They know beforehand who is going to win

You want a replay of the manager hitting a guy with a chair while the refs are looking the other way?

Some media guy I heard on a sports radio show this week said the average age of World Seriers viewers this year was fifty-four or something like that and reminded listeners that meant a whole bunch of 60s, 70s, 80s folks have to be watching to get it that high.

If he’s right baseball most certainly has a very serious problem.

Some media guy I heard on a sports radio show this week said the average age of World Seriers viewers this year was fifty-four or something like that and reminded listeners that meant a whole bunch of 60s, 70s, 80s folks have to be watching to get it that high.

I thought I'd post a few links to ages for sports viewers, including a bit about baseball:

The sports with the oldest — and youngest — TV audiences
Age demographic analysis paints an interesting picture of championship games
Fixing Baseball's Old-People Problem

I thought I'd post a few links to ages for sports viewers, including a bit about baseball:

Looks like video games will be the dominant sport

Looks like video games will be the dominant sport
A very good possibility I’d say.

Probably a lot easier to master hitting the big curve in a video than a real baseball heading for your noggin that breaks for a strike the instant you go bailing out for your life.

I am surprised any Millennials watch at all. Baseball requires patience, and is often not the sport for action, and instant gratification. With all the other forms of entertainment on phones, and tablets it is difficult for an archaic game like baseball to compete.

The game within the game is the pitcher/hitter battle most folks can’t identify with because they’ve never experienced it at the major league level. It ain’t like it was in little league, Babe Ruth, high school or college or even the minors. Those battles have to be won before anything else happens in the game, but most watching don’t know much of the nuances of what’s going on pitch by pitch.

The game within the game is the pitcher/hitter battle most folks can’t identify with because they’ve never experienced it at the major league level. It ain’t like it was in little league, Babe Ruth, high school or college or even the minors. Those battles have to be won before anything else happens in the game, but most watching don’t know much of the nuances of what’s going on pitch by pitch.

Today’s younger fans have little interest in the nuances and strategies of the game

In Baseball, all they care about are strikeouts and Home runs
In Football they want passing and lots of TDS
In Basketball, threes and dunks

It's always been hard for me to get into watching baseball. I like to play it, but watching a major league game? eh. I'd rather watch my friends I grew up with. :alcoholic:

same here.it was a blast to PLAY the game growing up but watching it as painful.thats why the only if it is a special team of mine i love such as the cubs,do i ever bother to watch the playoffs now.

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Forum List

Back