God rewards Texas with a World Series win

Here's a good read. Reagan was a champion to the rich.

But the rich fought back, and won big-time in 1980 when Reagan, until then the fringe "Voodoo economics" candidate who was heading into the election trailing far behind Jimmy Carter, was swept into the White House on a wave of public concern of the Iranians taking US hostages. Reagan promptly cut income taxes on the very rich from 70% down to 27%. Corporate tax rates were also cut so severely that they went from representing over 33% of total federal tax receipts in 1951 to less than 9% in 1983 (they're still in that neighborhood, the lowest in the industrialized world).

The result was devastating. Our government was suddenly so badly awash in red ink that Reagan doubled the tax paid only by people earning less than $40,000/year (FICA), and then began borrowing from the huge surplus this new tax was accumulating in the Social Security Trust Fund. Even with that, Reagan had to borrow more money in his 8 years than the sum total of all presidents from George Washington to Jimmy Carter combined.

In addition to badly throwing the nation into debt, Reagan's tax cut blew out the ceiling on the accumulation of wealth, leading to a new Gilded Age and the rise of a generation of super-wealthy that hadn't been seen since the Robber Baron era of the 1890s or the Roaring 20s.

And, most tragically, Reagan's tax cuts caused America to stop investing in infrastructure. As a nation, we've been coasting since the early 1980s, living on borrowed money while we burn through (in some cases literally) the hospitals, roads, bridges, steam tunnels, and other infrastructure we built in the Golden Age of the Middle Class between the 1940s and the 1980s.

We even stopped investing in the intellectual infrastructure of this nation: college education. A degree that a student in the 1970s could have paid for by working as a waitress at a Howard Johnson's restaurant (what my wife did in the late 60s - I did so working as a near-minimum-wage DJ) now means incurring massive and life-altering debt for all but the very wealthy. Reagan, who as governor ended free tuition at the University of California, put into place the foundations for the explosion in college tuition we see today.
Here is what you are guilty of. The barn is burning because the horse did not stomp out the cigar fire on time.

It is the tactic called if you have not baffled them with facts, confuse them with a ton of bullshit.
I do not blame you because you did not author those articles. But why the hell didn't you verify their claims first?

A tax rate does not mean America goes broke. It does and can stimulate more revenue to the Feds coffers. Reagan actually gained revenue for the Feds. Reagan was great but he was not alone in Governing this nation. We have 50 Governors and their legislatures who should never escape blame. But Democrats refuse to blame Governors nationwide.

I worked on Bridge foundations so know a bit more than your average citizen on their construction and how to build one also includes years in planning, designing and bidding the jobs out. A bridge you need now can take 5-6 years to start building. It does not begin or end in a term as president. Biden now is struggling to get them repaired. He knows damned well he will be out of office when the construction starts. I know about this issue by past experience.

But the rich fought back, and won big-time in 1980 when Reagan, until then the fringe "Voodoo economics" candidate who was heading into the election trailing far behind Jimmy Carter, was swept into the White House on a wave of public concern of the Iranians taking US hostages. Reagan promptly cut income taxes on the very rich from 70% down to 27%. Corporate tax rates were also cut so severely that they went from representing over 33% of total federal tax receipts in 1951 to less than 9% in 1983 (they're still in that neighborhood, the lowest in the industrialized world).

The result was devastating. Our government was suddenly so badly awash in red ink that Reagan doubled the tax paid only by people earning less than $40,000/year (FICA), and then began borrowing from the huge surplus this new tax was accumulating in the Social Security Trust Fund. Even with that, Reagan had to borrow more money in his 8 years than the sum total of all presidents from George Washington to Jimmy Carter combined.

In addition to badly throwing the nation into debt, Reagan's tax cut blew out the ceiling on the accumulation of wealth, leading to a new Gilded Age and the rise of a generation of super-wealthy that hadn't been seen since the Robber Baron era of the 1890s or the Roaring 20s.

And, most tragically, Reagan's tax cuts caused America to stop investing in infrastructure. As a nation, we've been coasting since the early 1980s, living on borrowed money while we burn through (in some cases literally) the hospitals, roads, bridges, steam tunnels, and other infrastructure we built in the Golden Age of the Middle Class between the 1940s and the 1980s.

We even stopped investing in the intellectual infrastructure of this nation: college education. A degree that a student in the 1970s could have paid for by working as a waitress at a Howard Johnson's restaurant (what my wife did in the late 60s - I did so working as a near-minimum-wage DJ) now means incurring massive and life-altering debt for all but the very wealthy. Reagan, who as governor ended free tuition at the University of California, put into place the foundations for the explosion in college tuition we see today.
Well clearly you do indeed read favorite articles.
I simply do not believe that this AM you suddenly recall all of those claims dating back to the 1950s.

The era of cheap university degrees took place when wages were in the $1.50 to $3.00 per hour range. I earned that in those days. I pumped gas that cost under .25 per gallon earning for me, $1.35 per hour in fact. I struggled paying for a community college. I fucked myself and was not granted entrance to Cal Berkeley where I first did not want to be caught dead at then in remorse wanted to attend there. And it was a load to pay for education at $1.35 per hour pumping gas at a station 30 miles from the campus, driving cars that often broke down, paying a hefty price for auto insurance due to being younger than 25. God so much glory to share.

My two daughters got degrees that did not cost them debt nor a huge sum. The youngest graduated with a registered nurse degree and she told me this summer she managed to have cash on hand after she got the degree. She was smart and got grants. She did not use loans. My oldest got her degree from a State university in CA and some of that I funded as did her mother. She was divorced from me then. She never said she borrowed a lot of money.

It has been my experience as life keeps moving me older and older that those who I knew who were wealthy had started out as not wealthy at all. They were not bad humans. That they got very rich is a tribute to them and their use of their own funds.

Dad and Mom were not rich but they always paid bills when due or earlier and also we lived a decent middle class life. I had good parents.
Dads younger brother got rich by constructing tract homes in Utah as well as later building custom homes. Sam was his name and he also was a contractor of commercial building and also Mormon church buildings. Sam also put cash into the muffler business and he and another relative joined in snagging the state of Utah Midas Muffler franchise. And they purchased all the lifts they could find and it also was how they got into the auto racing business and raced at races at the time. This was an expensive thing for them to do.

One of my Step sons gives me a lot of credit for him now building custom homes and selling some of them, renting others out to renters and his success. Brian and his family spent a lot of the past Summer in Europe going all over the place. And my daughter in hawaii will go to Japan in March of 2024. She and her husband own two homes and rents one of them and also in her residence it has a large area she rents to a woman. She is on her way to getting rich. I am proud ofd my children. Also my daughter the nurse owns two cars expressily to rent to travelers at Kauai where this earns them a lot of money. They paid cash for both those cars. And each him and her also own free and clear two Toyotas that are low maintenance.

So to you, taxes should wage war on Wealth? I am trying to ferret out why you think as you think. Why do you support the extreme taxation by the FDR regime in effect to pay for his wars.

Do you hate it that Kennedy cut taxes a hell of a lot?

I know about the term Voodoo. But why do you use it? Reagan really was more the classic economist and not some wild ass bastard. I do not like how the first thing when they wake up is Democrats raising hell about taxes. They want our nation to suffer a hell of a lot as I see this issue.

PHOENIX, AZ — The Lord has granted a World Series championship to the Texas Rangers, the one and only Major League Baseball team to not host a Pride Night.

"We're so grateful to be champions, and also to not have to be involved in all that weird gay stuff," said manager Bruce Bochy. "Pride Night cometh before the fall, as they say."

After over fifty years of championship futility, the Texas Rangers finally captured the World Series title in the same year the team became the final Major League holdout on hosting Pride Night. Despite mounting pressure as the remaining 29 MLB teams honored satanic drag queens, the Texas Rangers held firm. Now, after being counted out as a playoff afterthought, the Rangers are hoisting the championship trophy.

"Sure, there's lots of pressure to be gay -- but this is Texas," said star right fielder Adolis Garcia. "There's still room there for people who just want to play baseball. Now, let's get this trophy back to the Lone Star state where it belongs."
The Great Commissioner in the Sky

I hope that atones for baseball's violation of the 11th, 12th, and 13th Commandments in this century:

11. Thy Red Sox shalt not winneth the World Series.

12. Thy Cubs shalt not even getteth in the World Series.

13. Honor thy Yankees and thy Mets.

Based on my study of both politics as well as the law, I am holding the fire against Trump being a criminal until the law is done with him. If he is proven to be a criminal, trust me that he will be reviled by me.
That you express a bigotry against republicans kind of surprises me. I have come to see you as a man who could enjoy dinner with me and find we do think a lot alike. I admit to being a bigot against Democrats but not you guy, the party apparatus. I am bigoted against the leadership. Not the normal worker.

Why do I like Ron DeSantis? But I also like a lot Nikki Haley.

For many years in this situation, I put a lot more trust on Governors than the guys who are Senators but never a governor. Obama for example was a short term Senator. And it showed in how he operated as president. Clinton was better because he had also was a Governor. It showed in how he managed the job as president.

So Ron and Nikki score huge bonus points. Ron has been brilliant as a Governor. More even than Nikki was. Nikki however excelled as our UN ambassador. She really lit the place up. She in my view was partly why the NATO nations started kicking in their fair share to the NATO operations.

Ron manages to destroy the lies told about him by the actors on the View, by the Democrats loyal media and other liars. Ron is effective in displaying the lies by the Democrats.

Oh we could have dinner and be friends. The GOP while not as good for me as the Democrats, aren't going to ruin my life. Maybe my stocks don't do as good, maybe they make cuts to my social security, but ultimately, we are both "successful" people.

But in all my years, the GOP has never appealed to me. Not socially or economically. I just don't get you guys. I have a feeling they duped you with social issues.

My buddy was a pharma rep. Said he has to vote GOP because they don't want to regulate the industry. So big pharma benefits from Republicans and a pharma rep maybe benefits from GOP but most people I know, I don't think benefit from the GOP. Can you explain to me how you feel GOP works for you?

Because I grew up during the end of the Big 3 era. I saw how the Big 3 created a middle class the world had never seen before. But the rich fought back and sent all their jobs overseas. Union membership went from 35% to 6% of our work force. And I saw labor took a huge step back.

But that's Auto Manufacturing in Michigan. That's my perspective. What's yours? Are you in coal country? Then I would expect you to vote GOP. Or if you work for a drug company. Or if you are rich.

Oh yea. Now my buddy is retired and he claims the GOP is better for the stock market. His savings. I don't believe that's true.

1699279530227.png

Attachments

• 1699279497048.png
    1699279497048.png
    13 KB · Views: 3
Oh we could have dinner and be friends. The GOP while not as good for me as the Democrats, aren't going to ruin my life. Maybe my stocks don't do as good, maybe they make cuts to my social security, but ultimately, we are both "successful" people.

But in all my years, the GOP has never appealed to me. Not socially or economically. I just don't get you guys. I have a feeling they duped you with social issues.

My buddy was a pharma rep. Said he has to vote GOP because they don't want to regulate the industry. So big pharma benefits from Republicans and a pharma rep maybe benefits from GOP but most people I know, I don't think benefit from the GOP. Can you explain to me how you feel GOP works for you?

Because I grew up during the end of the Big 3 era. I saw how the Big 3 created a middle class the world had never seen before. But the rich fought back and sent all their jobs overseas. Union membership went from 35% to 6% of our work force. And I saw labor took a huge step back.

But that's Auto Manufacturing in Michigan. That's my perspective. What's yours? Are you in coal country? Then I would expect you to vote GOP. Or if you work for a drug company. Or if you are rich.

Oh yea. Now my buddy is retired and he claims the GOP is better for the stock market. His savings. I don't believe that's true.

View attachment 854070
My cost of pharma went up while Biden is president. Unions problems were largely due to other nations doing things for lower costs. Presidents hardly can control that. Trump tried to punish China and a few others to get jobs back in America. I spent 3 months when I was 25 years old as a factory worker for GM. The union never protected me until working their more than I had worked. I got laid off when they had model changes to the factory. Went back to work in construction making far more per year. For some odd reason, my former union still exists and the men and women doing that work make the following.

JOURNEYMAN WAGE RATES EFFECTIVE 7/1/2022Journeyman............................................................................................................. $56.35Foreman ................................................................................................................. $61.99FOREMAN RATE: 10% per hour above applicable Journeyman rateFRINGE BENEFITSEFFECTIVE: 7/1/2022Health & Welfare (H&W)........................................................................................ $12.10Pension (PEN).......................................................................................................... 11.10Annuity (ANN) .......................................................................................................... 4.50*Vacation (VAC) ........................................................................................................ 4.15*Work Fee (WF) ........................................................................................................ 2.29Apprentice/Journeyman Training (TR) ........................................................................... 1.18Vacation/Holiday/Sick Leave Admin. (VHSLA) .............................................................. 0.10Industry Promotion (IP) ................................................................................................ 0.04Pile Drivers Employers Contract Admin (PDECA) ............................................................ 0.10Carpenters International Training Fund (CITF) ................................................................ 0.10Geographic & Marketing/LMCC (G&M)....................................................................... 0.01PILE DRIVERS APPRENTICE WAGE RATESAND SCHEDULE OF BENEFITSEFFECTIVE 7/1/2022Period Percentage Fringes WagesFirst 0-6 Mos. 60% H&W, WF, IP, CITF, TR, VHSLA, PDECA, G&M .......................................$33.81Second 7-12 Mos. 65% H&W, WF, IP, CITF, TR, VAC, VHSLA, PDECA, G&M................................$36.63Third 13-18 Mos. 70% H&W, WF, IP, CITF, TR, VAC, VHSLA, PDECA, G&M, ANN……… .............$39.45Fourth 19-24 Mos. 75% H&W, WF, IP, CITF, TR, VAC, VHSLA, PDECA, G&M, ANN……… .............$42.26Fifth 25-30 Mos. 80% All Fringes………………………………….........................................$45.08Sixth 31-36 Mos. 85% All Fringes………………………………….........................................$47.90Seventh 37-42 Mos. 90% All Fringes………………………………….........................................$50.72Eighth 43-48 Mos. 95% All Fringes………………………………….........................................$53.53

View attachment 854070
Only Democrats are discussing cutting social security benefits.

PHOENIX, AZ — The Lord has granted a World Series championship to the Texas Rangers, the one and only Major League Baseball team to not host a Pride Night.

"We're so grateful to be champions, and also to not have to be involved in all that weird gay stuff," said manager Bruce Bochy. "Pride Night cometh before the fall, as they say."

After over fifty years of championship futility, the Texas Rangers finally captured the World Series title in the same year the team became the final Major League holdout on hosting Pride Night. Despite mounting pressure as the remaining 29 MLB teams honored satanic drag queens, the Texas Rangers held firm. Now, after being counted out as a playoff afterthought, the Rangers are hoisting the championship trophy.

"Sure, there's lots of pressure to be gay -- but this is Texas," said star right fielder Adolis Garcia. "There's still room there for people who just want to play baseball. Now, let's get this trophy back to the Lone Star state where it belongs."
God rewarded Democrats in Ohio, Virginia and Kentucky.

Mississippi stayed with Republicans.

Forum List

Back