Jackie Robinson Day and What Really Could have Been Done?

The court didn't say segregation was previously illegal. It said the segregation from that point on was unconstitutional. I know exactly what ex post facto means. It means that if they made it illegal to rob you on Wednesday but I robbed you on Monday before the ruling when it was perfectly legal, that you're shit out luck and that money is mine.
Yes it did, it said it was unconstitutional.

It was always unconstitutional.

You are confusing criminal (robbery) where ex post facto would come in to play and something that isn’t criminal but illegal.

You can certainly sue for damages, but what are your damages today?

Also hold those accountable, Jim Crow were laws dems put into place to maintain power, folks like “racial jungle” joe xiden, how have you held him accountable?

Haha I do, and it wasn’t slavery

And I also don’t continue to vote for the party that gave us Jim Crow, like you and your boss “racial jungle” joe
You show how much of an ignorant, boot licker you are every time you post. I continually ask you to show me what Republicans have done for black folks in the last 70yrs and you can't. I am telling you firsthand about Jim Crow not what someone told me.

Yes it did, it said it was unconstitutional.

It was always unconstitutional.
No.... it was only unconstitutional after they ruled it unconstitutional. Before then it was perfectly legal.
You are confusing criminal (robbery) where ex post facto would come in to play and something that isn’t criminal but illegal.
You're confusing what is considered illegal today with what was considered legal previously.
You can certainly sue for damages, but what are your damages today?
My family came to this country in 1980, after the end of segregation, I'm not claiming to have been harmed by it. But no, you cant sue for compensation over something being done to you that something was legal to do to you at the time. That's what ex post facto is and that's why you need a legislative policy of reparations.
Also hold those accountable, Jim Crow were laws dems put into place to maintain power, folks like “racial jungle” joe xiden, how have you held him accountable?
I'd love to hold the white power structure in this country accountable but that would require demographic change and it isn't limited to the dems. In fact the dems are now the most politically diverse party in the country and the Republicans are now the party of those deplorable southern whites who fought to maintain slavery and segregation.

You show how much of an ignorant, boot licker you are every time you post. I continually ask you to show me what Republicans have done for black folks in the last 70yrs and you can't. I am telling you firsthand about Jim Crow not what someone told me.
I know about Jim Crow and it was horrible but it wasn’t slavery.

The gop ended Joey Xiden’s racist 94 crime bill and passed the first step act freeing people and reuniting families xiden broke up.

What have demaklan done since the 70s?

I know about Jim Crow and it was horrible but it wasn’t slavery.
Nobody claimed it was, the damage it caused to black folks is not far from it. You have no clue what it was or you wouldn't make the dumbass statements you do.
The gop ended Joey Xiden’s racist 94 crime bill and passed the first step act freeing people and reuniting families xiden broke up.
No they didn't, that was just an extension of what Pres Obama started.
What have demaklan done since the 70s?
Where would you like me start? First black POTUS, first black VP, first black governor, first black AG, first black SCJ, first black female SCJ, first black cabinet member, I mean do I really need to go on?

Nobody claimed it was, the damage it caused to black folks is not far from it. You have no clue what it was or you wouldn't make the dumbass statements you do.

No they didn't, that was just an extension of what Pres Obama started.

Where would you like me start? First black POTUS, first black VP, first black governor, first black AG, first black SCJ, first black female SCJ, first black cabinet member, I mean do I really need to go on?
1) ok glad you finally came to your senses
2) Obama started nothing.
3) the gop was electing blacks to high office since the gop freed them from slavery

1) ok glad you finally came to your senses.

Tell me this fool, what was worse and did more damage. Japanese Americans being put in internment camps for 4 or 5 years or black folks surviving through almost 80yrs of Jim Crow.

3) the gop was electing blacks to high office since the gop freed them from slavery.
Again boot licker, the question was in the last 70yrs I gave you several you and at least name one.

Last edited:
Today is the 20th Celebration Major League Baseball has to hone Jackie Robinson. And while Robinson did make history, maybe we need to llook at what really happened. Because this country could really have broken the color barrier in a major way, but didn't.

America could have made a major breakthrough by expanding the "Major Leagues to include the 7 most sucessful back baseball franchises. Doing that would have been a huge and permanent economic boom to the black community. So despite allowing Robinson to play, the league did not integrate black owners and franchises into the game and still today I do not believe there are any black owners in the Major Leagues. It took forever for a black manager when both issues could have been resolved in 1947.

SHAMEFUL THOSE WHITEY O’MALLEYS LET A NEGRO PLAY FOR THE DODGERS!!!

Forum List

Back