Anyone notice

More assault to illustrate this coming tyranny

The Dietary Supplement Safety Act of 2010 would require registration of any “business or operation engaged in manufacturing, packaging, holding, distributing, labeling, or licensing a dietary supplement for consumption in the United States,” definitions which could possibly include even retail stores that sell herbal and nutritional products. (DSSA p.2) Currently, under the Dietary Supplements and Non-Prescription Consumer Protection Act, small retailers are not required to register. This, however, will change with the passage of McCain-Dorgan’s bill. (NHF)

Last edited by a moderator:
Attacks on Freedom
By John Stossel
Something's happened to America, and it isn't good. It's become easier to get into trouble. We've become a nation of a million rules. Not the kind of bottom-up rules that people generate through voluntary associations. Those are fine. I mean imposed, top-down rules formed in the brains of meddling bureaucrats who think they know better than we how to manage our lives.

Cross them, and we are in trouble.

Snip

How about this one? Four kindergartners -- yes, 5-year-old boys -- played cops and robbers at Wilson Elementary in New Jersey. One yelled: "Boom! I have a bazooka, and I want to shoot you." He did not, of course, have a bazooka. Nevertheless, all four boys were suspended from school for three days for "making threats," a violation of their school district's zero-tolerance policy. School Principal Georgia Baumann said, "We cannot take any of these statements in a light manner." District Superintendent William Bauer said: "This is a no-tolerance policy. We're very firm on weapons and threats."

RealClearPolitics - Attacks on Freedom

Congress creates, on average, one new crime every week. Federal agencies create thousands more -- so many, in fact that the Congressional Research Service itself said that merely counting them would be impossible.

This is a bad trend. As Lao Tsu said, "The more laws and order are made prominent, the more thieves and robbers there will be."

Mindless tyranny.

Last edited:
Beyond that fact the governments policies over the decades is now making the dollar worthless
the government also is taking more of your money
Here are some of the ways you are losing your freedom

Tag renewal tax
City and county property tax
Battery core tax
Accounts Receivable Tax
Building Permit Tax
CDL License Tax
Cigarette Tax
Corporate Income Tax
Dog License Tax
Federal Income Tax
Federal Unemployment Tax (FUTA)
Fishing License Tax
Food License Tax
Fuel Permit Tax
Gasoline Tax
Hunting License Tax
Inheritance Tax
Inventory Tax
IRS Interest Charges (tax on top of tax),
IRS Penalties (tax on topof tax),
Liquor Tax,
Luxury Tax,
Marriage License Tax,
Medicare Tax,
Property Tax,
Real Estate Tax,
Service charge taxes,
Social Security Tax,
Road Usage Tax (Truckers),
Sales Taxes,
Recreational Vehicle Tax,
School Tax,
State Income Tax,
State Unemployment Tax (SUTA),
Telephone Federal Excise Tax,
Telephone Federal Universal Service Fee Tax,
Telephone Federal, State and Local Surcharge Tax,
Telephone Minimum Usage Surcharge Tax, Telephone Recurring and Non-recurring Charges Tax,
TelephoneState and Local Tax,
Telephone Usage Charge Tax,
Utility Tax,
Vehicle License Registration Tax,
Vehicle Sales Tax,
Watercraft Registration Tax,
Well Permit Tax,
Workers Compensation Tax.

Feel free to asnwer what freedoms have you lost.

in the name of combating "money laundering & Drug Trafficking", a policy was instituted that said any cash transaction of US$ 10,000 had to be reported to the Treasury Department. Within the just the last few years, without any public notice, that figured was reduced down to US$ 3,000

More of the same.

FCC’s “Net Neutrality” Ruling Violates Court Order

WASHINGTON (AP) — A federal court threw the future of Internet regulations and U.S. broadband expansion plans into doubt Tuesday with a far-reaching decision that went against the Federal Communications Commission.

The U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia ruled that the FCC lacks authority to require broadband providers to give equal treatment to all Internet traffic flowing over their networks. That was a big victory for Comcast Corp., the nation’s largest cable company, which had challenged the FCC’s authority to impose such “network neutrality” obligations on broadband providers.

The unanimous ruling by the three-judge panel marks a serious setback for the FCC, which is trying to adopt official net neutrality regulations. FCC Chairman Julius Genachowski, a Democrat, argues such rules are needed to prevent phone and cable companies from using their control over Internet access to favor some kinds of online content and services over others.

FCC’s “Net Neutrality” Ruling Violates Court Order at Pat Dollard

I reiterate my main point. If the government violates the constitution, what is the consequence of it?

I don't see any so far.

I doubt anyone will punish those deliberately violating the law either. It's almost never happened.

Isn't it curious how conservatives and republicans only like legislation and laws that fit into their biased and prejudiced view of American and individual freedom? One wonders if conservatives ever had a thought would it drop out for lack of space in an otherwise empty head? The good things in life like individual freedoms, social justice for the wronged, a fair and level opportunity, and other freedoms are hard for conservatives, seems they never change, but thankfully life and society do change.

Interesting piece on change: CQ Press : Current Events In Context : Consitution Day - "Legislation Declared Unconstitional"

If anyone wants to understand political conservatism, I suggest Albert O. Hirschman's brilliant 'The Rhetoric of Reaction.' "He argues that a triplet of 'rhetorical' criticisms--perversity, futility, and jeopardy--'has been unfailingly leveled' by 'reactionaries' at each major progressive reform of the past 300 years--those T. H. Marshall identified with the advancement of civil, political and social rights of citizenship...Charmingly written, this book can benefit a diverse readership." The Rhetoric of Reaction - Albert O. Hirschman - Harvard University Press.

What Is Conservatism and What Is Wrong with It?

The Regressive Antidote - If Conservatism Is The Ideology of Freedom, I'm The Queen of England

Last edited:
They certainly are blatant about disregarding law when they disagree with the election or legal decision .The media seems generally disinterested as well.
What an odd type of new rulers we now have , no longer government by law but ruled by political winds.

The Wisconsin judge issued a restraining order.

Isn't it curious how conservatives and republicans only like legislation and laws that fit into their biased and prejudiced view of American and individual freedom? One wonders if conservatives ever had a thought would it drop out for lack of space in an otherwise empty head? The good things in life like individual freedoms, social justice for the wronged, a fair and level opportunity, and other freedoms are hard for conservatives, seems they never change, but thankfully life and society do change.

Interesting piece on change: CQ Press : Current Events In Context : Consitution Day - "Legislation Declared Unconstitional"

If anyone wants to understand political conservatism, I suggest Albert O. Hirschman's brilliant 'The Rhetoric of Reaction.' "He argues that a triplet of 'rhetorical' criticisms--perversity, futility, and jeopardy--'has been unfailingly leveled' by 'reactionaries' at each major progressive reform of the past 300 years--those T. H. Marshall identified with the advancement of civil, political and social rights of citizenship...Charmingly written, this book can benefit a diverse readership." The Rhetoric of Reaction - Albert O. Hirschman - Harvard University Press.

What Is Conservatism and What Is Wrong with It?

The Regressive Antidote - If Conservatism Is The Ideology of Freedom, I'm The Queen of England

progressive reform of the past 300 years

And there ya go.

Isn't it curious how conservatives and republicans only like legislation and laws that fit into their biased and prejudiced view of American and individual freedom? \
You seem to have it reversed, it is the liberal agenda that must be enforced with out regard to what the election results or what the judges say.
In normal government there is a separation of powers Legislation is passed and the judiciary assumes it is do so legally and does not issue a stay based on a whim it waits for a legal challenge by someone with standing .
Thanks for bringing the partisan hackery we haven't seen that in a while .

Last edited:
Maryann Sumi, Mark Levin, and 'Legal Anarchy'
On his radio program on Friday, Mark Levin delivered a terrific monologue about the Democrats in Wisconsin and Judge Maryann Sumi.

Listen to the podcast.

He begins his show talking about the "legal anarchy in Wisconsin" and Sumi's decision. Levin succinctly reviews what has happened the past few weeks and explains the current situation.

snip

Now first of all, what this tells you, whether they lose elections, whether they lose votes in state legislatures, it doesn't matter. By hook or by crook, you are not allowed to effectively or successfully challenge the Left. You're just not. Whether it's the environment, whether it's health care, whether it's collective bargaining, you, ladies and gentlemen, are not allowed to reverse course. I don't care how much you pay in taxes, how miserable the health care system's going to be, I don't care how many illegal aliens are crossing into your town, it doesn't matter.

You have no say. Now you can go through the motions according to the Left, you can go through the motions and vote. And if the outcome is one that they like, they'll let it stand. But if it's an outcome they don't like, they're not going to let it stand. They're going to disenfranchise you in every way they know how.

If they can't get what they want by leaving town, they'll go to a liberal activist judge. And if they couldn't get what they wanted from her, well they'll go to the Secretary of State who will slow down the process of actually implementing the law so that the Left-wing locals can cut their deals with the government unions real fast before the law takes effect. If that doesn't work, well, they'll use the bureaucracy to punish you. This is what I mean - it's a soft tyranny. Absolutely a soft tyranny.

Mark Levin

FREEDOM EDEN: Maryann Sumi, Mark Levin, and 'Legal Anarchy'

The thing is, the media won't get excited about this and will not explore it as it is being explored in forums like this. In fact those who stand up to object are more often than not accused of making mountains out of molehills or engaging in conspiracy theory. Or worse, those who dare to even be concerned are labeled wingnuts or wild eyed fanatics.

But each time a little bit of loss of freedom or a little piece of lost Constitutional original intent or a little acceptance of unacceptable behavior is tolerated or overlooked or accepted as no big deal, we have moved a little further away from the concepts that made America the greatest nation the world has ever known and closer to bondage under authoritarian governments again.

Maryann Sumi, Mark Levin, and 'Legal Anarchy'
On his radio program on Friday, Mark Levin delivered a terrific monologue about the Democrats in Wisconsin and Judge Maryann Sumi.

Listen to the podcast.

He begins his show talking about the "legal anarchy in Wisconsin" and Sumi's decision. Levin succinctly reviews what has happened the past few weeks and explains the current situation.

snip

Now first of all, what this tells you, whether they lose elections, whether they lose votes in state legislatures, it doesn't matter. By hook or by crook, you are not allowed to effectively or successfully challenge the Left. You're just not. Whether it's the environment, whether it's health care, whether it's collective bargaining, you, ladies and gentlemen, are not allowed to reverse course. I don't care how much you pay in taxes, how miserable the health care system's going to be, I don't care how many illegal aliens are crossing into your town, it doesn't matter.

You have no say. Now you can go through the motions according to the Left, you can go through the motions and vote. And if the outcome is one that they like, they'll let it stand. But if it's an outcome they don't like, they're not going to let it stand. They're going to disenfranchise you in every way they know how.

If they can't get what they want by leaving town, they'll go to a liberal activist judge. And if they couldn't get what they wanted from her, well they'll go to the Secretary of State who will slow down the process of actually implementing the law so that the Left-wing locals can cut their deals with the government unions real fast before the law takes effect. If that doesn't work, well, they'll use the bureaucracy to punish you. This is what I mean - it's a soft tyranny. Absolutely a soft tyranny.

Mark Levin

FREEDOM EDEN: Maryann Sumi, Mark Levin, and 'Legal Anarchy'

Dang ! I knew it. This thread smelled like Mark Levin right from the git go.:lol::lol:

That when Obama care was ruled unconstitutional the government insisted on going ahead anyways .
and When the Wisconsin Legislation presumable legally passed a law that was signed into the law the government decided to halt it going into effect?Rather then having a proper trial ?
Anyone find this kind of behavior disturbing?

The corollary to Elections Only Matter When We Win for the Dems is:

The Constitution only matters when we agree with it.

They certainly are blatant about disregarding law when they disagree with the election or legal decision .The media seems generally disinterested as well.
What an odd type of new rulers we now have , no longer government by law but ruled by political winds.

It's the Rule of the Mob, exactly what The Founders were trying to prevent.

The judge that ruled on the Wisconsin case had a history of siding with unions DESPITE the law.

She ruled in favor of striking union teachers in the past even though it is illegal to strike in Wisconsin.

Another partisan hack judge.

The tyranny has come so slowly it is unnoticed
low flow toilets.
Cafe standards
CLF bulbs

I think a list of the infringing bureaucratic edicts should be listed so when a troglodyte elitist asks "What freedoms have you lost?, we can show them.

Oh, many of us notice. I'll add that one of the most egregious form of this tyranny is the permanent regulatory bureaucracy which now functions as a 4th branch of government without any voter approval.

Congress doesn't pass Cap & Trade, so the EPA gets around it by fiat of legislation.

ObamaCare takes such power grabs to a new level:

With such allies, the “most transparent administration in history” is seizing ever more power by bureaucratic fiat and scheming to keep it from the public.

In the American Spectator, Phil Klein reported that the 2,700-page health care bill includes more than 1,000 power-granting references to the Health and Human Services (HHS) secretary. Here’s the breakdown: The secretary “shall” (700 references); the secretary “may” (200) and the secretary “determines” (139).

This gives HHS Secretary Kathleen Sebelius, who issued threatening letters to insurance companies during the health care debate, enormous unilateral power to set policy.

KNIGHT: Tyranny by decree - Washington Times

Just as the Eunuchs actually ran the government of ancient Chinese emperors with their millions of little rules and ceremonies, we have the same development in our government bureaucracies.

Forum List

Back