Anyone notice

You're right. For that the real cuts have to happen in social spending. I'm ecstatic that will be happening soon. Privatization of social security, ending the Great Society and New Deal failures... Eliminating government duplication of effort in unconstitutional agencies and services.

The future is bright after the end of the me generation's control... assuming they just don't slap the 'self destruct' before they pass.
Social Security is solvent through 2037.

Medicaid is solvent through 2029.

Got any other red herrings?

Medicaid needs reform. you had over a 100 billion spent in false prescriptions alone in the past year or so...( i think year )

SS i dont even bother touching that mess, but i am sure reforms can be found.

that being said the medicare reform alone could save us 20%. Or cuts.
Then you cut the military budget as well.
Close corporate loopholes and have them pay a decent tax. Raise the rich tax up 3% to 39% while keeping non-rich ( under 5 million) at current levels.

thats a good start
I agree. It is the responsible thing to do.

They are appealing the decision on the Healthcare law but it was already signed and implemented into law when that decision came down.

The Wisconsin law has been signed but not implemented until March 25th. Its not a law until then. So the courts can stop it from taking place.

Big difference.

Fine with me, but let's not pretend that it makes the slightest dent in our deficit or debt, anymore than NPR, Planned Parenthood, DOMA, or any of the other 'Jobs Bills' the GOP House has put forth since lying their way back to power.
You're right. For that the real cuts have to happen in social spending. I'm ecstatic that will be happening soon. Privatization of social security, ending the Great Society and New Deal failures... Eliminating government duplication of effort in unconstitutional agencies and services.

The future is bright after the end of the me generation's control... assuming they just don't slap the 'self destruct' before they pass.

Red Herring eh? Loosen your sphincter and pull your head out for a bit. Get a clean breath and realize how fucked we are economically.

Social Security goes bankrupt

RealClearMarkets - Not In 25 Years, Social Security Is Bankrupt Now

Trust me, Social Security is bankrupt - BostonHerald.com

Medicare And Social Security Are Going Bankrupt And Obama Isn't Even Trying To Fix Them

American Thinker: Why Social Security Will Go Bankrupt Sooner Than People Think

Social Security Goes Bankrupt - HUMAN EVENTS

There. 6 sources from various sides of the spectrum saying your white house numbers are full of shit and the CBO agrees they are too.

Paul Ryan's "Roadmap for America' Provides a graduated privatization of SS that would be fantastic. Those over a certain age keep it as is. A middle group can opt in, and then everyone younger than 25 or so gets the new privatized system where they get to control how their money grows, but their principle is protected.

Gets government mostly out of the game and isolates the money from greedy little legislators and bureaucrats.

Red Herring eh? Loosen your sphincter and pull your head out for a bit. Get a clean breath and realize how fucked we are economically.

Medicare And Social Security Are Going Bankrupt And Obama Isn't Even Trying To Fix Them

There. 6 sources from various sides of the spectrum saying your white house numbers are full of shit and the CBO agrees they are too.

So are you feeling lucky enough to give odds that Synthaholic will back up his numbers with reliable sources? :)

Paul Ryan's "Roadmap for America' Provides a graduated privatization of SS that would be fantastic. Those over a certain age keep it as is. A middle group can opt in, and then everyone younger than 25 or so gets the new privatized system where they get to control how their money grows, but their principle is protected.

Gets government mostly out of the game and isolates the money from greedy little legislators and bureaucrats.

Ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,haaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And gives the money to Wall Street!!!!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

So are you feeling lucky enough to give odds that Synthaholic will back up his numbers with reliable sources? :)

So now you can no longer claim that no liberal could answer your question.

What question would that be? So far no liberal HAS answered another question I challenged all to answer. But it was unrelated to Social Security and Medicare except in the most abstract terms.

What question would that be? So far no liberal HAS answered another question I challenged all to answer. But it was unrelated to Social Security and Medicare except in the most abstract terms.

Not unrelated at all. You asked the question, "Why?"

I answered your question. Now you don't even have the balls to admit that.

It is right to help others even if they have made bad choices.

Last edited:

No you answered what IS right in your opinion.

You did not answer what gives one person the right to what another person has honorably worked for and earned.

And perhaps you'll understand that this is absolutely unrelated to the discussion currently in progress?

Last edited:

You did not answer what gives one person the right to what another person has honorably worked for and earned.

And perhaps you'll understand that this is absolutely unrelated to the discussion currently in progress?

The answer to any question is always someone's opinion.

Your question has been answered. Whether you agreed with the answer is another question.

But this points up the fundamental difference between conservatives and liberals. Conservatives believe life should be every man for himself. Liberals believe in helping other people.

Modern day conservatism is the political codification of selfishness.

The answer to any question is always someone's opinion.

Your question has been answered. Whether you agreed with the answer is another question.

But this points up the fundamental difference between conservatives and liberals. Conservatives believe life should be every man for himself. Liberals believe in helping other people.

Modern day conservatism is the political codification of selfishness.

Wrong, red herring, ad hominem, and non sequitur all wrapped up in one short post. You really outdid yourself, Chris. :)

I'm not going to respond further in this thread and thereby hijack it. I shall start a thread shortly specifically dealing with the question. I'll start it in politics but it will probably get moved fairly quickly. Either to another forum or the Flame Zone depending on how it goes.

Perhaps you will join me there?

I like how they run away... run away.. run away...

But .. then they come back... sheesh...

Nobel Peace Prize Winner Starts War While on Vacation in Rio unfortunately hes coming back too

Forum List

Back