An Athiest Student as she has claimed, brings a lawsuit with the help of the ACLU?

I think you're being ridiculous. You're simply trying to force your beliefs on others.

If that were the case, the young girl would have been trying to get a "there is no god" banner displayed

She is not trying to force her religious beliefs on others, she is only trying to stop others from forcing their beliefs on her.
How is it forcing a belief on her? She has every right to look away, while another has every right to enjoy the view. Now if the banner was speaking to her, and saying that if you don't look at me, you will go to hell, then I can see there being a problem maybe, but that is not what was happening was it? Besides the banner had been in place since the 40's ? I feel so sorry for all those children that banner had sent to Hell....:(

Well, if you believe school is the proper place for religious indoctrination, that is your right. Atheist Teachers should be allowed to tell students why there is no god, Jewish Teachers should be allowed to tell kids there is no Jesus and Christians can yell Praise Jesus

I would just prefer my schools to be religion neutral and let kids pick up their religion at home

The court relied on a 2005 case in which the Supreme Court called for particular care in separating church and state in public schools. In that case, the high court ruled that a monument displaying the Ten Commandments was acceptable on the grounds of the Texas State Capitol. But the court added that the same monument on the grounds of a public school would be impermissible, "given the impressionability of the young."
The judge followed Supreme Court precedent, this is a non-issue.

You are new

It would help you make your case if you actually posted a link to what you are ranting about. That way we can actually know what you are talking about.

There are old-timers here who don’t know how to cite sources, either.

or use the quote function properly
Were learning, so just be patient please..

There is a saying...

Democracy is two wolves and a sheep voting on what's for supper

Just because you are in the majority doesn't mean you get to vote away the rights of a minority
Nor should the minority get to vote away the rights of a majority, but with the help of a empathetic government & it's idiotic judges, who are now operating in an over stretching out of touch way, we see alot of bad going on with all of this stuff.

Nobody is voting away your rights. You do not have a right to preach your religion at a public school. Nobody else has that right either

Sounds fair

If that were the case, the young girl would have been trying to get a "there is no god" banner displayed

She is not trying to force her religious beliefs on others, she is only trying to stop others from forcing their beliefs on her.
How is it forcing a belief on her? She has every right to look away, while another has every right to enjoy the view. Now if the banner was speaking to her, and saying that if you don't look at me, you will go to hell, then I can see there being a problem maybe, but that is not what was happening was it? Besides the banner had been in place since the 40's ? I feel so sorry for all those children that banner had sent to Hell....:(

Well, if you believe school is the proper place for religious indoctrination, that is your right. Atheist Teachers should be allowed to tell students why there is no god, Jewish Teachers should be allowed to tell kids there is no Jesus and Christians can yell Praise Jesus

I would just prefer my schools to be religion neutral and let kids pick up their religion at home

Correct me if I'm wrong....isn't this a private Christian school?????

Why would an Atheist want to teach there???

[/QUOTE] Your religion has no place in public schools. It does as much to protect your children as it does an Atheists.

Nor does your evolutionary theory (note the word theory) apply either when it comes to the beginning or upon how the universe was created by what is inferred by those who have no solid proof, but rather they love to claim it anyway, so now that is in the schools against the majorities will isn't it ? What is going on or has gone on, is that there is a growing sect in this nation, who is anti-God, and they have been attacking the citizens who believe in God and Christ in this nation for a long time now, and they will continue until they completely get God and Christ out of this nation in which is their ultimate goal... Now I ask when this happens finally, what will they have our children learn and believe at this point? We have already seen a good preview of it, so now I ask does anyone truly like what that preview has been so far? Look at the biger picture folks as to what has been going on, and will continue to go on against you, and this if you don't unite against it finally.

Last edited:
So this mural was presented to the school by the class of 1963. Now they are suppose to hide it away like that class never existed. Sounds a lot like the idiots who complained about the stuffed bald eagle on display in the Highschool which had been shot by one of the teachers back when they weren't on the indangered species list and as "eagles" were the school mascot, they had it stuffed and displayed it. The government came in and took it away, after a courtcase, it was returned, but then some idiot, probably related to the one who complained, ripped the head off of it and left it for garbage. It only takes one to ruin it for everybody.

It was a gift to the school by one of the graduating classes, what ever happened to "it's the thought that counts?" Or is that a Christian belief too?

Your religion has no place in public schools. It does as much to protect your children as it does an Atheists.

Nor does your evolutionary theory (note the word theory) apply either when it comes to the beginning or upon how the universe was created by what is inferred by those who have no solid proof, but rather they love to claim it anyway, so now that is in the schools against the majorities will isn't it ? What is going on or has gone on, is that there is a growing sect in this nation, who is anti-God, and they have been attacking the citizens who believe in God and Christ in this nation for a long time now, and they will continue until they completely get God and Christ out of this nation in which is their ultimate goal... Now I ask when this happens finally, what will they have our children learn and believe at this point? We have already seen a good preview of it, so now I ask does anyone truly like what that preview has been so far? Look at the biger picture folks as to what has been going on, and will continue to go on against you, and this if you don't unite against it finally.[/QUOTE]

God is a theory

Evolution is a Fact

So this mural was presented to the school by the class of 1963. Now they are suppose to hide it away like that class never existed. Sounds a lot like the idiots who complained about the stuffed bald eagle on display in the Highschool which had been shot by one of the teachers back when they weren't on the indangered species list and as "eagles" were the school mascot, they had it stuffed and displayed it. The government came in and took it away, after a courtcase, it was returned, but then some idiot, probably related to the one who complained, ripped the head off of it and left it for garbage. It only takes one to ruin it for everybody.

It was a gift to the school by one of the graduating classes, what ever happened to "it's the thought that counts?" Or is that a Christian belief too?

Makes you want to do a spinning back kick to someone's head...doesn't it????:eusa_angel:

Last edited:

Ok....if this is the case we are talking about, it is a blatant violation of the school prayer edict. Your religion has no place in public schools. It does as much to protect your children as it does an Atheists

I don't see it that way. It was a gift to the school by the graduating class of 1963. It's now part of their history. All of a sudden, more than 50 years later, it's wrong to display it?

God bless the ACLU :eusa_angel:
Quite the opposite, God doesn't want anything to do with the aclu. They are about as ungodly as anyone.

Hear say. I'm impressed that God communicates with you directly. It would be more believable though if you could talk the big guy into speaking to all of us. I for one would cast aside my atheism and accept "God" with such a demonstration of it's existance... Lacking a real irrefutable example of "God's" voice to my own ears I do not believe you at all ... In fact I believe you are bat shit crazy.

I hate to break it to you Huggy, but even if God talked to you personally, I doubt you'd hear him. You have your heart and your mind closed to him due to your own personal experiences and bigotry.

Christian schools are free to post whatever they want on their walls

This is America

girl is an idiot.

she shouldnt get her way.

She didn’t.

Quite the opposite, God doesn't want anything to do with the aclu. They are about as ungodly as anyone.

Telling the right’s hatred of the ACLU, given the fact the ACLU works to restrict government excess, in this case the un-Constitutional conjoining of church and State. This is typical of the hypocrisy and authoritarianism of conservatives.

What do you mean, she didn't get her way? From what I read they were ordered to remove this banner which was a gift from the class of 1963 and had been hanging in the school for more than 50 years. Did I read it wrong?

girl is an idiot.

she shouldnt get her way.
It's got to stop, this type of idiocy being fermented in America on and on these days.. I don't think she is an idiot (to young for that title yet), but it is my feeligs that she has been used just as a young cub could be, by forces that care not one iota about her in the situation.

Ok....if this is the case we are talking about, it is a blatant violation of the school prayer edict. Your religion has no place in public schools. It does as much to protect your children as it does an Atheists

I don't see it that way. It was a gift to the school by the graduating class of 1963. It's now part of their history. All of a sudden, more than 50 years later, it's wrong to display it?

In 1963 you could hold public prayer in school and many schools opened the day with the Lords prayer.

The mural was a throwback to an earlier era and should have come down decades ago

I can't understand why religious zealots would insist on pushing their religious beliefs in a public school. School children are a captive audience.

How would you react if your child came home and told you her atheist teacher had told the class there was no god?

How would you react if your child came home and told you that they had been kneeling on prayer rugs twice a day and praying to Allah and she asked if she could do it at home too?

Religious zealots? The entire class of 1963? If the class of 1963 had given any other banner to the school and it had been displayed for more than 50 years, I would still be in favor of the school keeping the banner. Your other options aren't even close to what happened. A banner, given by a graduation class more than 50 years ago has now been banned from the school. If it said, the devil is king, I would still think the school had a right to display it.

I can't understand why religious zealots would insist on pushing their religious beliefs in a public school. School children are a captive audience.

How would you react if your child came home and told you her atheist teacher had told the class there was no god?

How would you react if your child came home and told you that they had been kneeling on prayer rugs twice a day and praying to Allah and she asked if she could do it at home too?

i wonder how they'd feel if their kid's teacher explained that the messiah hasn't come yet and that jesus didn't fulfill the prophesies.

somehow, i suspect they wouldn't be so thrilled about religion mixing with education at that point.

i say, as always, if you can't spend 8 hours a day without praying, you should be in a parochial school. it's really that simple.

Again, not what happened. If the class of 1963 had given the school a banner of the star of david, I would still be in favor of keeping the banner.

i wonder how they'd feel if their kid's teacher explained that the messiah hasn't come yet and that jesus didn't fulfill the prophesies.

somehow, i suspect they wouldn't be so thrilled about religion mixing with education at that point.

i say, as always, if you can't spend 8 hours a day without praying, you should be in a parochial school. it's really that simple.

Also, there is nothing that says a child can't pray on his own. It is forced prayer or open religious displays that are not allowed

How does a banner force anyone to pray? I have flags some several other countries in my house...that doesn't make me Japanese, or Kenyan, or any of the other nationalities. I'm still American.

Christian schools are free to post whatever they want on their walls

This is America

I think this is just a tremendous waste of time an money.

Maybe we could have a civil war and just kill all of the Atheists and end the problem.

* just kidding *

If the majority chose to repeal the First Amendment, you would be bitching and moaning about being persecuted.

There is also the issue of common sense here. The banner has been there for 49 years and suddenly now it's unconstitutional? You're right, we don't live by majority rule in this country, but we do seem to be headed towards the opposite extreme. One person in 49 years who has a bug up her ass about something shouldn't be able to force her view on the overwhelming majority who don't have an issue with this banner. It is no more fair for a minute minority to force their views on the majority than it is for the majority to engage in mob rule.

Additionally, I am not all that religious myself and I have absolutely no problem with these kinds of displays on public property, regardless of the religion. This banner seems to promote a pretty positive message to kids. I would also argue that the First Amendment "separation" of church and state, if you go by original intent, really only restricts the federal government from religious promotion, not the states or local government bodies, but courts have extrapolated that clause over the years to reach even the lowest level of government.

Dang, I did my math wrong, I was thinking it was more than 50. Sure hope this cold goes away soon, I'm sick of being sick.

Forum List

Back