CDZ Again Trump relies on his supporters' ignorance, their keenness to believe him, to push his lies

320 Years of History

Gold Member
Nov 1, 2015
Washington, D.C.
Over the weekend, Mssrs. Kasich and Cruz agreed to something akin to, but not the same as, "divide and conquer" with regard to ensuring the GOP convention goes to a second ballot. Trump has described their agreement as "collusion," saying,
"If you collude in business, or if you collude in the stock market, they put you in jail. But in politics, because it’s a rigged system, because it’s a corrupt enterprise, in politics you’re allowed to collude."​

Well, the fact of the matter is the alliance his GOP competitors have formed is not in any way collusion. I don't know who is the bigger "mess": Trump for depicting it that way -- if he truly means collusion, he's just ignorant; if he doesn't truly mean collusion, he's deliberately misrepresenting the facts -- or his followers who accept his assertion as true. The fact of the matter is that there is nothing secret or illegal or dishonest about the alliance the two men have formed.
  • If it were a secret alliance/act, the whole world wouldn't know about it, and the candidates wouldn't have disclosed it.
  • If it were illegal or dishonest, Mssrs. Cruz and Kasich would be formally charged with a crime much as are colluders in stock trading.
And what did Trump do in response? Lash out about someone's eating habits, levy other insults, and complain like a child. "Mommy, the other boys are ganging up on me. " Really? That's his idea of "being Presidential?"

About the only thing that can be said of the agreement the two men have formed is that it is clumsy and poorly implemented.
  • Timing -- It's an agreement that the two should have established long ago. It may well be "too little too late" at this point. One can only presume that both men's hubris is what prevented them from doing so when it became clear that the odds were very, very long for either of their getting to 1237 pledged delegates before the GOP Convention.
  • Nature and extent -- It's an agreement that is only half-heartedly in place. Consider Mr. Kasich's remark today in which he said he's not telling his supporters not to vote for him. Excuse me! Say what? That's exactly what he should and would do were he committed to the "divide and conquer" strategy.
What were those two thinking? That they could announce a "divide and conquer" approach for the purpose of forcing second and third voting rounds at the GOP convention while holding true to wanting their supporters to vote for them in the remaining primaries/caucuses? Hugh? Those two knuckleheads don't even have the sense or ability to unite for a brief period to achieve a common goal, one that regardless of what happens afterwards is essential to achieve for both of their aims of becoming President to come to fruition.

Truly, I don't think I can ever recall a time when either party had as its potential leader what amounts to, as the GOP has now, rule by "three blind mice." I'm an Independent, but I have to think that any rationally thinking/driven Republican has to be thoroughly embarrassed by the remaining choices s/he has available this election cycle: a consummate prevaricator and two buffoons. Jesus H. Christ!

Top Republican and most prolific fundraiser Charles Koch has compared Trump policy to those of Nazi Germany. Koch is far from being a leftist. He is best known for being an ultra conservative and steadfast Republican.

You guys are really going to be pissed after tomorrow's primaries. Trump is fast closing the gap between him and Hillary. Once the folks who voted for Sanders joins Trump's camp, it'll be all over for Hillary. Suck it up.

Top Republican and most prolific fundraiser Charles Koch has compared Trump policy to those of Nazi Germany. Koch is far from being a leftist. He is best known for being an ultra conservative and steadfast Republican.

Red:
I'm not following what that has to do with the thread topic...

Blue:
I do know that Mr. Koch is among the folks who find little to like or from which to take inspiration among all three GOP candidates. That I can understand fully for as an Independent I look closely at the candidates from both major parties. I don't care whether there's a Republican or Democrat in the White House; I care that an honest, capable and qualified, or at least comprehensively thinking, person is President. Such a person can come from either party.

that title is not CDZ material. now if we had a stuck up snobby forum. that title about ignorant and is from someone who probably plans on voting for the corrupted lying woman, Hillary. who is running while UNDER INVISTIGATION. this would fit nicely

Last edited:
I find it interesting that when I turned on the news this afternoon, one of the first stories I saw was one of the Koch brothers being interviewed, saying that there are no presidential types in the GOP, so he's considering supporting Hillary.

Hillary responded saying that she won't accept an endorsement from someone who denies global climate change.

If the Koch brothers are jumping ship, the GOP is truly screwed.

I find it interesting that when I turned on the news this afternoon, one of the first stories I saw was one of the Koch brothers being interviewed, saying that there are no presidential types in the GOP, so he's considering supporting Hillary.

Hillary responded saying that she won't accept an endorsement from someone who denies global climate change.

Kochs are going Dem.

What the hell are you going to do now guys?

You guys are really going to be pissed after tomorrow's primaries. Trump is fast closing the gap between him and Hillary. Once the folks who voted for Sanders joins Trump's camp, it'll be all over for Hillary. Suck it up.

I'm seeing it on websites. Sanders people are so angry.

Good day for him yeah, but he will end up settling at the convention. If he does make it Hillary will hand his ass to him.

But that doesn't tell you something about Hillary?

Actually, it does. Hillary won't accept an endorsement or funds from them because they deny climate change is real.

She believes it is.

Good for Hillary for not caving in to big money and sticking to her principles.

Good day for him yeah, but he will end up settling at the convention. If he does make it Hillary will hand his ass to him.

What part of the rebellion you don't understand? Sanders people are getting ready to go full Trump.

Actually, it does. Hillary won't accept an endorsement or funds from them because they deny climate change is real.

She believes it is.

Good for Hillary for not caving in to big money and sticking to her principles.

You make me want to bazooka barf here. I know all her financiers.

What part of the rebellion you don't understand? Sanders people are getting ready to go full Trump.

What universe are you living in? Sanders people would never go for Trump.

Over the weekend, Mssrs. Kasich and Cruz agreed to something akin to, but not the same as, "divide and conquer" with regard to ensuring the GOP convention goes to a second ballot. Trump has described their agreement as "collusion," saying,
"If you collude in business, or if you collude in the stock market, they put you in jail. But in politics, because it’s a rigged system, because it’s a corrupt enterprise, in politics you’re allowed to collude."​

Well, the fact of the matter is the alliance his GOP competitors have formed is not in any way collusion. I don't know who is the bigger "mess": Trump for depicting it that way -- if he truly means collusion, he's just ignorant; if he doesn't truly mean collusion, he's deliberately misrepresenting the facts -- or his followers who accept his assertion as true. The fact of the matter is that there is nothing secret or illegal or dishonest about the alliance the two men have formed.
  • If it were a secret alliance/act, the whole world wouldn't know about it, and the candidates wouldn't have disclosed it.
  • If it were illegal or dishonest, Mssrs. Cruz and Kasich would be formally charged with a crime much as are colluders in stock trading.
And what did Trump do in response? Lash out about someone's eating habits, levy other insults, and complain like a child. "Mommy, the other boys are ganging up on me. " Really? That's his idea of "being Presidential?"

About the only thing that can be said of the agreement the two men have formed is that it is clumsy and poorly implemented.
  • Timing -- It's an agreement that the two should have established long ago. It may well be "too little too late" at this point. One can only presume that both men's hubris is what prevented them from doing so when it became clear that the odds were very, very long for either of their getting to 1237 pledged delegates before the GOP Convention.
  • Nature and extent -- It's an agreement that is only half-heartedly in place. Consider Mr. Kasich's remark today in which he said he's not telling his supporters not to vote for him. Excuse me! Say what? That's exactly what he should and would do were he committed to the "divide and conquer" strategy.
What were those two thinking? That they could announce a "divide and conquer" approach for the purpose of forcing second and third voting rounds at the GOP convention while holding true to wanting their supporters to vote for them in the remaining primaries/caucuses? Hugh? Those two knuckleheads don't even have the sense or ability to unite for a brief period to achieve a common goal, one that regardless of what happens afterwards is essential to achieve for both of their aims of becoming President to come to fruition.

Truly, I don't think I can ever recall a time when either party had as its potential leader what amounts to, as the GOP has now, rule by "three blind mice." I'm an Independent, but I have to think that any rationally thinking/driven Republican has to be thoroughly embarrassed by the remaining choices s/he has available this election cycle: a consummate prevaricator and two buffoons. Jesus H. Christ!

Yo, Trump Below:
maxresdefault (1).jpg

"GTP"

Only an idiot such as Trump or Hillary would try to win this election given that:

India signed a deal with Japan earlier this year to build a high speed rail network. As soon as the first leg is done India can hit 9% GDP growth

When the fracking fields in the US deleverage crude will not exceed $30/bbl for decades.

That in turn will bankrupt our biggest trading partners Mexico and Canada. That will have knock on effects that will derail the US and the Blue Wall is mostly insolvent already.

Go Hillary go so we can pin the blame firmly on the Jackasses.

Only an idiot such as Trump or Hillary would try to win this election given that:

India signed a deal with Japan earlier this year to build a high speed rail network. As soon as the first leg is done India can hit 9% GDP growth

When the fracking fields in the US deleverage crude will not exceed $30/bbl for decades.

That in turn will bankrupt our biggest trading partners Mexico and Canada. That will have knock on effects that will derail the US and the Blue Wall is mostly insolvent already.

Go Hillary go so we can pin the blame firmly on the Jackasses.

Red/Off Topic:
You win the award for introducing the most "where the heck did that come from?" reasons imaginable for doing/thinking or not doing/accepting a wide variety of things. Some of them are so unimaginable to me that I'd have never thought anyone would broach them. LOL

Blue/On Topic:
Okay...let's say I'm willing to entertain the idea that most Americans are ignorant of the deal between India and Japan, what evidence can you present that shows that:
  • Re: the thread topic -- That Donald Trump has had anything to say about it that constitutes yet another example of his misrepresenting facts and gets away with doing so because his supporters are unaware of the deal?
  • Re: the deal itself, which isn't on topic and should not be discussed further without relating it to the thread topic (good luck on that) -- That the deal's nature is such that that it is both plausible and probable that its knock on effects are significant enough that it rightly be considered a critical decision making point in choosing among the current Presidential candidates?

Charles Koch would say/ do anything to get Trump out. The summer/fall/spring Koch Brothers pow wows excluded Trump's invitation every time.

Koch lied when he said that they did not fund candidates, they had a whole line up who all lost.

Then the brothers fund the Anti-Trump campaign...

Its all bells and whistles to get Trump out..So fun to watch actually...Little baby Koch tossing and turning, their money can't manipulate the run for the GOP this time around.

LOL talk about griping about nothing. Yes, collusion may be the incorrect word here, but it certainly stinks of shadinesss that they would make some deal to sacrifice votes for themselves in order to stop Trump. I lost a great deal of respect for John Kasich over this.

Forum List

Back