Is it time for an impeachment cease-fire?

It seems that the threshold for impeaching a public official is nothing more than a simple majority vote in the House of Reps. I personally would like to see that level raised significantly.
Meh, the house is little more than a grand jury. The trial is in the senate and requires a two-thirds majority. That is the downfall of Kagan and Jackson-Brown's POTUS immunity argument. They have disregarded the fact that a POTUS is subject to impeachment which is far more difficult to politicize as we have seen over the past 5-6 years. Presidential immunity would stop the kangaroo court proceedings that have embarrassed the country.

7 months ago

Former President Donald Trump acknowledged in a new interview that, despite receiving counsel from multiple people that the 2020 election was not stolen, he pushed ahead anyway with his false claims to try and overturn the results.

“It was my decision, but I listened to some people,” Trump said.

In his first broadcast network interview since leaving office, the 2024 Republican front-runner also criticized members of his party over how they’ve approached abortion policy, discussed pardoning himself in the final days of his presidency and said he would testify under oath he did not direct an employee to delete security footage.

He just made Smiths case

Shades of Nixon

Former President Richard M. Nixon admits in his memoirs that he was participant in the Watergate cover‐up and that he misled the American people about his role in it.

Forum List

Back