Is it time for an impeachment cease-fire?

Lol, tRump's impeachments weren't revenge.
Yes, they were due to the metal illness of the Left over Trump. It was going on when he ran for president, during his presidency, and after. It continues to this day, and it will continue decades after Trump's death. The whole episode has been the greatest phenomenon in America's history.

I knew back in the 90s when the Republicans impeach Bill Clinton, knowing for well that he would never be convicted, that the Democrats would get revenge. Frankly, I was surprised that they waited so long. But I guess 911 and the country uniting behind Bush stayed their hand.

They took their shots at Donald Trump, outdoing the GOP by double the number of impeachments.

Now the GOP has impeached Mayorkas. And the cycle will continue.

I’m not saying there should never be any impeachment. It is an important part of the constitution. But impeachment should be reserved for Cases in which it is clear that both parties are at least one party plus a significant chunk of the other party agrees that the president should be removed.

Prosecutors are supposed to hold to the standard that they don’t prosecuted case unless there’s a strong chance that you will convey. That’s another convention that’s gone by the way side of the multiple prosecution of Trump

Anyway, what are you? On both sides agree to stop being impeachment craziness? Could both sides be trusted to stick to that agreement? Or impeachments all part of the bridge and circuses that government provides they seem to do us no other good?
If anyone ever deserved to be impeached, it is the incompetent buffoon A. Mayorkas, who has let millions of "dreamers" aka illegals, terrorists, "workers for jobs Americans won't do", Mexicans, Venezuelans, Cubans, Columbians, Islamists, and so on and so forth....cross an unsecured border. And then, he's spent 3 years lying about it.

I knew back in the 90s when the Republicans impeach Bill Clinton, knowing for well that he would never be convicted, that the Democrats would get revenge. Frankly, I was surprised that they waited so long. But I guess 911 and the country uniting behind Bush stayed their hand.

They took their shots at Donald Trump, outdoing the GOP by double the number of impeachments.

I’m not saying there should never be any impeachment. It is an important part of the constitution. But impeachment should be reserved for Cases in which it is clear that both parties are at least one party plus a significant chunk of the other party agrees that the president should be removed.

Prosecutors are supposed to hold to the standard that they don’t prosecuted case unless there’s a strong chance that you will convey. That’s another convention that’s gone by the way side of the multiple prosecution of Trump

Anyway, what are you? On both sides agree to stop being impeachment craziness? Could both sides be trusted to stick to that agreement? Or impeachments all part of the bridge and circuses that government provides they seem to do us no other good?

That would equate Trump's impeachments, which included actual charges backed with actual evidence with the Biden Impeachment inquiry. Backed by jackshit and unable to articulate any specific crime.

Nah. Republicans have shit their little pants with all their 'judgment days' and 'biden crime family' dipshittery......humiliating themselves publicly and repeatedly and they were unable to substantiate their made up claims.

I'm content to continue as they are.....with Trump subject to the most bipartisan impeachment vote in US history. And republicans failing to even name a crime that Biden committed.

Let the humiliated GOP sit in its own mess blaming everyone but themselves for their own hapless incompetence.

Mayorkas was Justified. Dereliction of Duty IS a Crime.

Yes. But the RESULTS of that dereliction resulted in the Murder of Laken Riley. And many others.

Again, there is no charge of 'dereliction of duty' outside the USMC. And it was dereliction of duty that he was cited for in his impeachment. That and Willful, Systematic Refusal To Comply with the Law.

Which the USSC has long since found to fall firmly under prosecutorial discretion. And not a crime.

Breach of Public Trust is about serving a private interest rather than a public one. Something the Articles of Impeachment don't even allege.

The impeachment ended as it should have: tossed out on its ass as woefully insufficient and inept.

Again, there is no charge of 'dereliction of duty' outside the USMC. And it was dereliction of duty that he was cited for in his impeachment. That and Willful, Systematic Refusal To Comply with the Law.

Which the USSC has long since found to fall firmly under prosecutorial discretion. And not a crime.

Breach of Public Trust is about serving a private interest rather than a public one. Something the Articles of Impeachment don't even allege.

The impeachment ended as it should have: tossed out on its ass as woefully insufficient and inept.
Yet Trump was Impeached over a Phone call. Which the "Witness" didn't even hear. Clinton was impeached for a blow job. It is all "Politics".

Yet Trump was Impeached over a Phone call. Which the "Witness" didn't even hear. Clinton was impeached for a blow job. It is all "Politics".

Trump was impeached for abuse of power. Using the power of the presidency for his OWN gain, rather than for the nation's. And for Obstruction of Congress, trying to hide what he did.

Mayorkas wasn't accused of either anywhere in his articles of impeachment.

Trump was tried and acquitted---TWICE.

Indeed. With the second being the most bipartisan vote against ANY president in US history. With Trump being the only president ever impeached twice.

And with the shift away from Mayorkas, it seems you acknowledge the laughably inept basis of the Mayorkas impeachment. As there wasn't even a trial. It was dismissed for being unconstitutional.

Indeed. With the second being the most bipartisan vote against ANY president in US history. With Trump being the only president ever impeached twice.

And with the shift away from Mayorkas, it seems you acknowledge the laughably inept basis of the Mayorkas impeachment. As there wasn't even a trial. It was dismissed for being unconstitutional.
So what? Impeachment, in these cases, were nothing more than unsubstantiated "charges" that were viewed and dismissed by the trial authority. Tissue?

So what? Impeachment, in these cases, were nothing more than unsubstantiated "charges" that were viewed and dismissed by the trial authority. Tissue?

So.....the Mayorkas impeachment was so comically inept, poorly reasoned and thought through that it couldn't even warrant a trial. It wasn't worth the Senate's time, being tossed out on its ass like meaningless garbage.

So say nothing of pathetic 'impeachment inquiry' against Biden, where your ilk can't even cite the crime you're Joe accusing of, nor provide evidence of it.

Both of Trump's impeachments warranted Trials. With the latter being the most bipartisan in the history of our nation.

So.....the Mayorkas impeachment was so comically inept, poorly reasoned and thought through that it couldn't even warrant a trial. It wasn't worth the Senate's time, being tossed out on its ass like meaningless garbage.

So say nothing of pathetic 'impeachment inquiry' against Biden, where your ilk can't even cite the crime you're Joe accusing of, nor provide evidence of it.

Both of Trump's impeachments warranted Trials. With the latter being the most bipartisan in the history of our nation.
Yeah, go with that one if it makes you feel better.

Trump was impeached for abuse of power. Using the power of the presidency for his OWN gain, rather than for the nation's. And for Obstruction of Congress, trying to hide what he did.

Mayorkas wasn't accused of either anywhere in his articles of impeachment.
PFFFFFTTTTT!

Lol, tRump's impeachments weren't revenge.
Yes it was. He had the audacity to beat the old white lady out of her turn. You loons didn't even think he had a chance against Clinton. The absolute shock win he won was hilarious.

tRump seriously ? What are you 5 ? Do you eat your buggers to.

It seems that the threshold for impeaching a public official is nothing more than a simple majority vote in the House of Reps. I personally would like to see that level raised significantly.

Forum List

Back