Votes: 7 24.1%
  • Immoral

Votes: 11 37.9%
  • Only moral after....(specify)

Votes: 4 13.8%
  • Other

Votes: 7 24.1%

• Total voters
God created spontaneous abortions long before people started to do it. So if it's good enough for god...

This God you speak of. . .

You have proof that he exists, I suppose?
Spontaneous abortions with or without god have been part of nature long before human started to do it.

Just a casual observation, here. .

Natural deaths are tragic and we usually try to prevent them, Instead of using them as an excuse or justification for intentionally killing children.

God created spontaneous abortions long before people started to do it. So if it's good enough for god...

Spontaneous abortions with or without god have been part of nature long before human started to do it.

Natural deaths are tragic and we usually try to prevent them, Instead of using them as an excuse or justification for intentionally killing children.
Just saying that abortions are part of nature.

If your wife was carrying a severely deformed fetus that was going to live in constant pain for a couple of years only. Would you abort?

If your wife was carrying a severely deformed fetus that was going to live in constant pain for a couple of years only. Would you abort?

No.

Not even if the child could talk and was begging me to do so.

One does not have to conclude or believe that a fetus is human in order to find that abortion is immoral. If there is a POSSIBILITY that it is human, that is sufficient. In other words, if there is any doubt whatsoever, then abortion is morally prohibited.

The reason why this issue is DEFINITIVE for Leftists is that they ABSOLUTELY DENY THE EXISTENCE OF NATURAL LAW. The idea that something might be "immoral" if it doesn't overtly harm a PERSON or property is anathema to Leftists. Ironically, they will say to your face that if you are pro-life YOU ARE EVIL!

It is stunningly self-oblivious. What else is new?

One does not have to conclude or believe that a fetus is human in order to find that abortion is immoral. If there is a POSSIBILITY that it is human, that is sufficient. In other words, if there is any doubt whatsoever, then abortion is morally prohibited.

The reason why this issue is DEFINITIVE for Leftists is that they ABSOLUTELY DENY THE EXISTENCE OF NATURAL LAW. The idea that something might be "immoral" if it doesn't overtly harm a PERSON or property is anathema to Leftists. Ironically, they will say to your face that if you are pro-life YOU ARE EVIL!

It is stunningly self-oblivious. What else is new?
The only thing 'stunningly self-oblivious' is how ignorant and wrong this is, and the propensity for lying common to most on the right.

Many on ‘the left’ perceive abortion to be immoral.

Unlike most on the authoritarian right, however, they don’t seek to compel ‘morality’ through force of law.

It’s perfectly consistent and appropriate to oppose abortion on moral grounds while at the same time respecting and defending a woman’s right to privacy.

No.

And the right to privacy safeguards your protected liberty to make such a decision free from government overreach and interference, just as it prohibits government from seeking to compel a woman to give birth against her will.

No.

And the right to privacy safeguards your protected liberty to make such a decision free from government overreach and interference, just as it prohibits government from seeking to compel a woman to give birth against her will.

No one has the right to violate the rights of a child and then shield that violation behind a so called right to privicy.

No.

Then you're a cruel s.o.b. But why not?

No.

We don't agree on what is cruel and what is not.

No more than you are.

I'm not hte one who wants to tell a woman she has to have a baby she doesn't want.

I don't "want" to tell women that either. I would much rather they never get pregnant in the first place, if they don't want the child, that is. But! Once she is pregnant? That child has a right to the equal protections of our laws. You call that misogyny? I call it a matter of equal rights.

No.

FYI, it's not cruel to abort a severely deformed fetus that will only know pain. You're the cruel one.

No.

FYI, it's not cruel to abort a severely deformed fetus that will only know pain. You're the cruel one.

I have watched doctors treat nearly unimaginable pain without the need to kill the person being treated. Including myself when I once accidebtally set both my arms on fire.

Have you?

No.

I have watched doctors treat nearly unimaginable pain without the need to kill the person being treated. Including myself when I once accidebtally set both my arms on fire.

Have you?
Not what we're talking about. Every time I raise a point, you move the goal posts. I've had similar excruciating pain, but knew it would go away. Purposely condemning a baby to severe deformity and constant pain until it dies shortly thereafter is barbaric, and borders on the macabre.

No.

Have you?
Not what we're talking about. Every time I raise a point, you move the goal posts. I've had similar excruciating pain, but knew it would go away. Purposely condemning a baby to severe deformity and constant pain until it dies shortly thereafter is barbaric, and borders on the macabre.

You should use the Zika virus as your example. Children who are born to mothers who have been infected during pregnancy results in children who will have no chance at any kind of life, and they usually die before they hit 5.

And, there is no cure, and there is no chance of the child ever having a normal life because their brains don't develop.

No.

Have you?

You will never admit it but you don't wnt to kill that baby to put it out of its pain... It causes YOU pain to see it and THAT is what you are trying to end.

Get yourself the fuck out if the way and let the medical professionals do what they can to give that child a chance. And, if it dies despite their efforts? There are things can only learn by TRYING to do what they can.

Have you?

You should use the Zika virus as your example. Children who are born to mothers who have been infected during pregnancy results in children who will have no chance at any kind of life, and they usually die before they hit 5.

And, there is no cure, and there is no chance of the child ever having a normal life because their brains don't develop.

That wouldn't change anything.

I don't "want" to tell women that either. I would much rather they never get pregnant in the first place, if they don't want the child, that is. But! Once she is pregnant? That child has a right to the equal protections of our laws. You call that misogyny? I call it a matter of equal rights.

no, not really. When you tell a woman she HAS to host that fetus for nine months whether she wants to or not, then you've pretty much said that fetus has MORE rights than the woman it is inside of.

Forum List

Back