Votes: 7 24.1%
  • Immoral

Votes: 11 37.9%
  • Only moral after....(specify)

Votes: 4 13.8%
  • Other

Votes: 7 24.1%

• Total voters
Why are you now trying to change the subject?

I'm not. I'm just pointing out the obvious. When that little problem ends up at the bottom of a medical waste container, nobody ever thinks about it again.

Except the religious nuts.

Real people just take care of the little problem and get on with their lives.

There a lot of fully grown adults that few if any people ever think of again after their deaths too.

So, Your point about that is. . .

What?

You know, I think of it like this..................

Currently, abortion is legal in this country, and, if someone thinks it's "immoral" or "against God", then it's not up to me or anyone else to get in between a decision that woman must make for herself.

It's not between her, God and myself, or anyone else, it's simply a matter between her and God when she's in front of Him for judgement.

For me or anyone else to pass a moral decision on something like that is wrong. Why? Because I don't know anything about that woman or her life, God does, so I should keep my big nose out of it and leave it between her and the Big Guy Upstairs.

There a lot of fully grown adults that few if any people ever think of again after their deaths too.

So, Your point about that is. . .

What?

That the world doesn't revolve around your religious beliefs.

That people have abortions and don't get worked up about it like you do.

Fwiw

I have no fucking religious beliefs when it comes to abortion and more than that, I do everything I can to discourage anyone else from bringing religion into it.

Nobody needs God or religion to know that an abortion kills a child and that legalized abortion denies children their constitutional rights and protections.

You know, I think of it like this..................

Currently, abortion is legal in this country, and, if someone thinks it's "immoral" or "against God", then it's not up to me or anyone else to get in between a decision that woman must make for herself.

It's not between her, God and myself, or anyone else, it's simply a matter between her and God when she's in front of Him for judgement.

For me or anyone else to pass a moral decision on something like that is wrong. Why? Because I don't know anything about that woman or her life, God does, so I should keep my big nose out of it and leave it between her and the Big Guy Upstairs.

God doesn't have anything to do with it.

I have no fucking religious beliefs when it comes to abortion and more than that, I do everything I can to discourage anyone else from bringing religion into it.

Nobody needs God or religion to know that an abortion kills a child and that legalized abortion denies children their constitutional rights and protections.

Oh, BS. Spooge is not a child.

The point is, all Anti-Abortion arguments at the end of the day are "God says it's bad".

And I would be a lot more impressed with your concern for the children if you weren't constantly trying to cut hot lunches and food stamps to pay for tax cuts for billionaires.

So is it the case where a foetus does not have constitutional rights and protections that legalised abortion does not deny their constitutional rights and protections?

Oh, BS. Spooge is not a child.

The point is, all Anti-Abortion arguments at the end of the day are "God says it's bad".

And I would be a lot more impressed with your concern for the children if you weren't constantly trying to cut hot lunches and food stamps to pay for tax cuts for billionaires.

My concern is for justice and the Constitution.

No wonder your perspective is so skewed.

So is it the case where a foetus does not have constitutional rights and protections that legalised abortion does not deny their constitutional rights and protections?

No.

The problem is you treat the Constitution like it was brought down on stone tablets enscribed by God...It isn't holy writ, and it doesn't address the issue directly. Now, you could argue that Roe v. Wade was a generous reading of the 14th Amendment. What it actually was is accepting the reality that women were getting abortions, regardless of what the laws were.

Justice is letting women make their own decisions. When you try to say that a pinto-bean sized fetus has more rights than the woman it happens to be inside of, that is hardly "justice".

The problem is you treat the Constitution like it was brought down on stone tablets enscribed by God...It isn't holy writ, and it doesn't address the issue directly. Now, you could argue that Roe v. Wade was a generous reading of the 14th Amendment. What it actually was is accepting the reality that women were getting abortions, regardless of what the laws were.

Justice is letting women make their own decisions. When you try to say that a pinto-bean sized fetus has more rights than the woman it happens to be inside of, that is hardly "justice".

I don't need the Constitution nor the bible to know that a child's life begins at conception and that they have the same right to their life from the moment their life begins that I have to mine.

The poll answers don't quite "do it" for me. I'm certain it's not immoral, but I don't think it's moral either. Hope you understand that because I don't feel like explaining it.

I don't need the Constitution nor the bible to know that a child's life begins at conception and that they have the same right to their life from the moment their life begins that I have to mine.

Well that happens to be your opinion, but since you don't even have a uterus, your opinion doesn't count for all that much.

So let's get down to brass tacks. Instead of talking about your feelings, how would you enforce an abortion ban?

Well that happens to be your opinion, but since you don't even have a uterus, your opinion doesn't count for all that much.

So let's get down to brass tacks. Instead of talking about your feelings, how would you enforce an abortion ban?

My "opinions"will be argued for me by lawyers and judges who don't even know or care about who I am. So, I don't even have any concerns about that.

It's fucking hilarious that right after you tell me my opinions don't mean Jack because I don't have a uterus. . . You then ask me how "I" would enforce a ban on abortion.

Priceless irony.

Forum List

Back