• Immoral

Votes: 11 37.9%
  • Only moral after....(specify)

Votes: 4 13.8%
  • Other

Votes: 7 24.1%

• Total voters
Then you're a cruel s.o.b. But why not?

We don't agree on what is cruel and what is not.
FYI, it's not cruel to abort a severely deformed fetus that will only know pain. You're the cruel one.

I have watched doctors treat nearly unimaginable pain without the need to kill the person being treated. Including myself when I once accidebtally set both my arms on fire.

Have you?
Not what we're talking about. Every time I raise a point, you move the goal posts. I've had similar excruciating pain, but knew it would go away. Purposely condemning a baby to severe deformity and constant pain until it dies shortly thereafter is barbaric, and borders on the macabre.

You will never admit it but you don't wnt to kill that baby to put it out of its pain... It causes YOU pain to see it and THAT is what you are trying to end.

Get yourself the fuck out if the way and let the medical professionals do what they can to give that child a chance. And, if it dies despite their efforts? There are things can only learn by TRYING to do what they can.
So this fetus is an experiment for you so that doctors can learn. :cuckoo:

And there are some deformities... that doctors know that there's nothing they can do. But you'd force that baby to be born to a life of excruciating pain. :cuckoo:

I don't "want" to tell women that either. I would much rather they never get pregnant in the first place, if they don't want the child, that is. But! Once she is pregnant? That child has a right to the equal protections of our laws. You call that misogyny? I call it a matter of equal rights.

no, not really. When you tell a woman she HAS to host that fetus for nine months whether she wants to or not, then you've pretty much said that fetus has MORE rights than the woman it is inside of.

Unless the woman was raped, the child is only where it is on relationshipto her because of the actions and choices she made to put the child where it is. Their rights are equal and the Supreme Court has already acknowledged how problematic is is, one the child's personhood becomes established.

The SCOTUS said "once personhood for the child in the womb, the case FOR abortion becomes near IMPOSSIBLE to make." The SCOTUS did NOT say that it would give the child more rights than the mother.

We don't agree on what is cruel and what is not.
FYI, it's not cruel to abort a severely deformed fetus that will only know pain. You're the cruel one.

I have watched doctors treat nearly unimaginable pain without the need to kill the person being treated. Including myself when I once accidebtally set both my arms on fire.

Have you?
Not what we're talking about. Every time I raise a point, you move the goal posts. I've had similar excruciating pain, but knew it would go away. Purposely condemning a baby to severe deformity and constant pain until it dies shortly thereafter is barbaric, and borders on the macabre.

You will never admit it but you don't wnt to kill that baby to put it out of its pain... It causes YOU pain to see it and THAT is what you are trying to end.

Get yourself the fuck out if the way and let the medical professionals do what they can to give that child a chance. And, if it dies despite their efforts? There are things can only learn by TRYING to do what they can.

And there are some deformities... that doctors know that there's nothing they can do. But you'd force that baby to be born to a life of excruciating pain. :cuckoo:

I trust doctors to know how to manage pain without killing the child intentionally.

I submit that you should be examined by a shrink so they can find out why you are so desperate to find excuses for the killing of a child.

Have you?

I trust doctors to know how to manage pain without killing the child intentionally.

I submit that you should be examined by a shrink so they can find out why you are so desperate to find excuses for the killing of a child.
A fetus isn't a child, so you're wrong... Again.

You're the sick one who wants to force a child to be born in excruciating pain with no relief except death.

Have you?

You're the sick one who wants to force a child to be born in excruciating pain with no relief except death.

If a child in the womb is not a child. . . Why isn't anyone using that fact to overturn ANY of our fetal HOMICIDE LAWS?

If a child in the womb is not a child. . . Why isn't anyone using that fact to overturn ANY of our fetal HOMICIDE LAWS?
Not what we're talking about. Which is that you'd want to force a child into an unbelievably horrific life. How can you?

As has been repeated ad nauseum, to pretend that abortion is anything exceptional as a human decision is to pretend that we (all of us who participate in our societies) do not make decisions just as consequential concerning 'life' and 'death' (two ill-defined terms), and even much pore so, on a daily basis.

I don't "want" to tell women that either. I would much rather they never get pregnant in the first place, if they don't want the child, that is. But! Once she is pregnant? That child has a right to the equal protections of our laws. You call that misogyny? I call it a matter of equal rights.

no, not really. When you tell a woman she HAS to host that fetus for nine months whether she wants to or not, then you've pretty much said that fetus has MORE rights than the woman it is inside of.

Unless the woman was raped, the child is only where it is on relationshipto her because of the actions and choices she made to put the child where it is. Their rights are equal and the Supreme Court has already acknowledged how problematic is is, one the child's personhood becomes established.

The SCOTUS said "once personhood for the child in the womb, the case FOR abortion becomes near IMPOSSIBLE to make." The SCOTUS did NOT say that it would give the child more rights than the mother.

Not what we're talking about. Which is that you'd want to force a child into an unbelievably horrific life. How can you?

I understand your want to put the child out of YOUR misery but it ain't gonna sway me.

As has been repeated ad nauseum, to pretend that abortion is anything exceptional as a human decision is to pretend that we (all of us who participate in our societies) do not make decisions just as consequential concerning 'life' and 'death' (two ill-defined terms), and even much pore so, on a daily basis.

And that makes it alllll ok!

I understand your want to put the child out of YOUR misery but it ain't gonna sway me.
Your god made the deformed baby, I'm just returning it to sender. :biggrin:

Have you?

Fetus in Latin means little one.
They are human and have heartbeats by 6 to 8 weeks.
That is life.
Your way would wipe out the truly different and can at times be truly remarkable to life's experience of the deformed.
One person comes to mind Joseph Merrick.

Last edited:

They are human and have heartbeats by 6 to 4 weeks.
That is life.
Your way would wipe out the truly different and can at times be truly remarkable to life's experience of the deformed.
One exception to the rule. Personally, I see the body as simply a vessel, and the soul will simply go get another one. Like with re-incarnation.

That is life.
One exception to the rule. Personally, I see the body as simply a vessel, and the soul will simply go get another one. Like with re-incarnation.

Not just one, thousands.
Especially the families who have them.
They have a very different view of life and can be remarkable in being so different in some instances.

That is life.

Not just one, thousands.
They have a very different view of life and can be remarkable in being so different in some instances.
We're talking about letting a child be born knowing only severe deformity and constant excruciating pain until it dies not too long afterwards. Not your run of the mill mildly deformed person, that, of course, can have a productive life. So even the one example he cited probably isn't a good exception or example.

That is life.

Not just one, thousands.
We're talking about letting a child be born knowing only severe deformity and constant excruciating pain until it dies not too long afterwards. Not your run of the mill mildly deformed person, that, of course, can have a productive life. So even the one example he cited probably isn't a good exception or example.

How many are there that is like that?
We now have the ability to operate on fetus while still in the womb.
We also can now alter the DNA that causes them.

Can you prove that?

That is life.

Can you prove any of this?

That is life.

Not just one, thousands.

How many are there that is like that?
We now have the ability to operate on fetus while still in the womb.
We also can now alter the DNA that causes them.
No we can't fix all of them. Go back to bed.

Can you prove that?
Why else would you object to every single instance of abortion? Because you believe that each fetus is a unique being that only lives once.

Forum List

Back