Giant Texas solar farm destroyed!!

30 meter high wall of water due to an earthquake to make that happen, and most of the really bad radioactive isotopes were kept in the containment structures.

Worse than TMI, not nearly as bad as Chernobyl.
Still a natural cause just like Hail
Only the damage was significantly worse.

Still a natural cause just like Hail
Only the damage was significantly worse.

The thing is hail storms happen all the time, 30 meter tsunamis not so much.

Hail storms also happen very often in big open plains areas, which are the best locations for solar farms.

This is just another dumb MAGA thread. One solar farm destroyed, let’s take a look at refinery and pipeline fires since that is the most appropriate comparison:

1711461902884.jpeg

Give me a couple of broken solar panels over a refinery gas line fire any day of the week.

Last edited:
If your side didn't try to foist these things on us as "risk free" as well as making them replace far more reliable techs far too early, maybe we wouldn't be point shit out when they fail like this.

So your life was immeasurably made worse (yeah, we all know that would be impossible) by electric cars, solar farms, wind turbines?

Snort another line.

Ever hear of Fukushima?
I’ll differ with you there. We’ve had nuke reactors on USN vessels for like 70 years. Like maybe one or two accidents involving the reactors. hundreds if not thousands of meters under the seas, 20-30 foot seas, collisions unfortunately.

Nuke power can be made as safe as possible (never 100% safe--that is an unattainable standard in power generation). We need the Navy to run the plants. Nobody shows up drunk--twice. Nobody gets a job because they know someone in HR.

The thing is hail storms happen all the time, 30 meter tsunamis not so much.

Hail storms also happen very often in big open plains areas, which are the best locations for solar farms.
We have solar panels all over the country and they survive all kinds of weather

The OP claiming hail is a reason not to have solar energy is just more Big Oil propaganda

So your life was immeasurably made worse (yeah, we all know that would be impossible) by electric cars, solar farms, wind turbines?

Snort another line.

If they lead to me needing hours to charge my car, and less reliable electrical grids?

Fuck yes.

The solar/wind/battery combo technology is still inferior for base load provisions than nuclear, hydro, oil/coal/gas.

We have solar panels all over the country and they survive all kinds of weather

The OP claiming hail is a reason not to have solar energy is just more Big Oil propaganda

And we probably have damage like this all over the county, just not at once like this event.

Don't act as if it is just a good thing that didn't work
4000 acres leaching solar panel chemicals into the water.
There you go';

Forum List

Back