A Cold Wind Is Blowin In...The White House Steps Up Smear Campaign Against Fox News.

Point still missed by so many. This isn't just a Left vs. Right thing. This issue is far more serious than that. Government intimidation of the Free Press should alarm all Americans. This is just plain bad for America. Too bad so many are just too petty & small-minded to see this.

of course you were ALL over the media in the Bush years........sure!

Oh, I'm sure he - like a good many other cons - was all over the NYT for being a treasonous Liberal rag despite helping the Bush admin. sell the WMDs in Iraq story and agreeing to sit on the NSA warrantless wiretapping story before the '04 election.

Smear campaign against the Smear News.

Ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,hahahhahahaaaa!!!!!!!!

Where are Glenn Beck's FEMA camps???

You can smell it coming, anyday now, Barry will apoint:

A propaganda czar. *

*If you support this postion you might be labeled a neocon by Mani ;)

Already done...... ladies and gentlemen, introducing... (drum roll)

Mark Lloyd
Diversity 'Czar', FCC

press-puppy2.jpg

"We held Bush accountable..."
-- WaHoPo's Dana Milbank, lying on CNN

[SIZE=+1]No regrets, many mistakes[/SIZE]
by Gene Lyons
Link
Excerpt:
Bush told Charlie Gibson, "Saddam Hussein was unwilling to let the inspectors go in to determine whether or not the U.N. resolutions were being upheld." Bush has been peddling this brazen falsehood for years. It's even possible he's come to believe it. In reality, Iraq produced a 12,000-page document on Dec. 7, 2002, explaining the destruction of its chemical and biological weapons. Despite some foot-dragging, Saddam then allowed U.N. inspectors to travel at will inside Iraq searching for forbidden weapons. The inspectors remained until March 2003 when Bush ordered them out ahead of his "shock and awe" bombing campaign. The U.N. inspectors' activities were broadcast on TV daily for weeks. The same kinds of easily manipulated patriots doubtless infuriated by this column were then focusing their ire on chief arms inspector Hans Blix.
All conveniently forgotten by Bush, his followers and our intrepid press corps, no longer so much covering for a failed president as for themselves.

This is nothing new.

The previous administration routinely rewarded Fox News for being so compliant to their needs and called out Journalists that dared to investigate them. Wasn't the New York Times routinely accused of Treason under Bush?

Journalists need to remember that if they're doing their job right, no one is going to like them.

do you have links to this? and how did they reward fox news?

It was a pretty well known fact that the only news channel allowed on AF-1 was Fox News during the Bush years and Bush and Co. were more than happy to award interviews to Fox shows or Right Wing Radio.

White Houses have always rewarded news agencies willing to be sympathetic and punished those unwilling to play along. Pretending that its somehow a Democrat thing is just being silly.

Fact is though, the real criminal here isn't the one rewarding or punishing, its the news agency kissing up to the politician. The 4th Estate is supposed to be openly hostile to the government in defense of our freedoms. They slept on the job during the Bush years and they're sleeping on the job now.

if it is so well known that bush an co. only allowed fox on air force one...why is it i can't find anything to substantiate that? and i'm still waiting for evidence of bush rewarding fox news as you claim....

no one is pretending....i'm asking for proof...i'm also still waiting for proof of bush attacking the media....this "it is well known" is not going to fly

• Thanks
Reactions: Vel
press-puppy2.jpg

"We held Bush accountable..."
-- WaHoPo's Dana Milbank, lying on CNN

[SIZE=+1]No regrets, many mistakes[/SIZE]
by Gene Lyons
Link
Excerpt:
Bush told Charlie Gibson, "Saddam Hussein was unwilling to let the inspectors go in to determine whether or not the U.N. resolutions were being upheld." Bush has been peddling this brazen falsehood for years. It's even possible he's come to believe it. In reality, Iraq produced a 12,000-page document on Dec. 7, 2002, explaining the destruction of its chemical and biological weapons. Despite some foot-dragging, Saddam then allowed U.N. inspectors to travel at will inside Iraq searching for forbidden weapons. The inspectors remained until March 2003 when Bush ordered them out ahead of his "shock and awe" bombing campaign. The U.N. inspectors' activities were broadcast on TV daily for weeks. The same kinds of easily manipulated patriots doubtless infuriated by this column were then focusing their ire on chief arms inspector Hans Blix.
All conveniently forgotten by Bush, his followers and our intrepid press corps, no longer so much covering for a failed president as for themselves.

who gives a good god damned !!!???

You know,in the past i would have just laughed at the idea of a "Propaganda Czar" in our Government but now i'm not so sure that wont actually happen in this White House. I'm sure they wont actually call it a "Propaganda Czar." I'm sure they will come up with some kind of deceptive & clever title instead. This is actually sounding more & more realistic at this point. Yikes!

Last edited:
[SIZE=+1]Bill O'Reilly - documented sex freak [/SIZE]
oreilly-bitch.jpg

thesmokinggun.com
Excerpt:
Happy anniversary, Bill O'Reilly! On this date five years ago, the sex freak was named in a sexual harassment lawsuit brimming with lurid details about vibrators, phone sex, threesomes, masturbation, Caribbean shower fantasies, a Thai sex show, falafel, stewardess trysts, vehicular coupling, and Al Franken. The New York State Supreme Court lawsuit filed by Andrea Mackris, a former Fox News producer, quoted O'Reilly verbatim and at length, leaving readers to believe that the TV star's dirty soliloquies were surreptitiously recorded (an impression reinforced when the lawsuit was settled within two weeks). A copy of Mackris's complaint, drafted by lawyer Benedict Morelli, can be found below. Time has not robbed the document of any of its entertainment value. It is unknown how the litigants will mark today's anniversary, though were it a marriage, tradition would call for gifts of wood. But we'd wager that the volcanic O'Reilly, 60, is still incensed about writing that hefty check.

what a respectable news anchor!

if it is so well known that bush an co. only allowed fox on air force one...why is it i can't find anything to substantiate that? and i'm still waiting for evidence of bush rewarding fox news as you claim....

I'll have to get back to you on it. Its an old story and the Google hits seem to be clogged with Obama vs. Fox no matter what I try. I do have this one:

14 Hours with Cheney

Which mentions the fact that the TV's on Air Force 2 were set to Fox News.

There is also this story: Reporters demand CNN.

This one mentions that the Reporter Pool on Air Force 1 had to make a stink to get the channels changed after initially being told that they had to watch Fox.

no one is pretending....i'm asking for proof...i'm also still waiting for proof of bush attacking the media....this "it is well known" is not going to fly

Cheney was a pretty agressive bulldog for the White House. Considering he was the Vice President, do you really think he acted against Mr. Bush's wishes? Here is a quote of him going after the media in 2006: Cheney: New York Times harms US Security

Does that satisfy you?

oreilly-bitch.jpg

thesmokinggun.com
Excerpt:
Happy anniversary, Bill O'Reilly! On this date five years ago, the sex freak was named in a sexual harassment lawsuit brimming with lurid details about vibrators, phone sex, threesomes, masturbation, Caribbean shower fantasies, a Thai sex show, falafel, stewardess trysts, vehicular coupling, and Al Franken. The New York State Supreme Court lawsuit filed by Andrea Mackris, a former Fox News producer, quoted O'Reilly verbatim and at length, leaving readers to believe that the TV star's dirty soliloquies were surreptitiously recorded (an impression reinforced when the lawsuit was settled within two weeks). A copy of Mackris's complaint, drafted by lawyer Benedict Morelli, can be found below. Time has not robbed the document of any of its entertainment value. It is unknown how the litigants will mark today's anniversary, though were it a marriage, tradition would call for gifts of wood. But we'd wager that the volcanic O'Reilly, 60, is still incensed about writing that hefty check.

family photos not allowed here dip shit

Could a "Propaganda Czar" or "Minister of Information" be coming next in this White House? Scary stuff.

oreilly-bitch.jpg

thesmokinggun.com
Excerpt:

sorry....my bad. Are you one of his illegitimate kids spawned from Bills days of whoring in Vietnam?

A Cold Wind Is Blowin In...The White House Steps Up Smear Campaign Against Fox News.
What a silly thread title.

Everyone knows when you blow on hot coals, they get hotter and glow brighter. No matter the temperature of the breeze. They're not blowing a cold wind, they are fueling a fire.

This Obama White House will learn this lesson of history Nixon should have taught them, in short order.

Carry on.

oreilly-bitch.jpg

thesmokinggun.com
Excerpt:

sorry....my bad. Are you one of his illegitimate kids spawned from Bills days of whoring in Vietnam?

no. are you one of the whiner in chiefs????

Forum List

Back