A Cold Wind Is Blowin In...The White House Steps Up Smear Campaign Against Fox News.

Fox News certainly did not engage in the terrible vicious attacks on Sarah Palin's children and for that alone i must applaud them. The Liberal Mainstream Media should be ashamed of themselves these days. Smearing the woman's children? Yikes!

obama-haters-patho.jpg

could we see an example of any news network running a smear campaign on Palins kids with specifics attacks that were untrue ...of course!

This is nothing new.

The previous administration routinely rewarded Fox News for being so compliant to their needs and called out Journalists that dared to investigate them. Wasn't the New York Times routinely accused of Treason under Bush?

Journalists need to remember that if they're doing their job right, no one is going to like them.

do you have links to this? and how did they reward fox news?

The Liberal Mainstream Media was just plain awful in their treatment of Palin and her children. Liberals can go ahead and spin it any way they like but most common sense thinking Americans know this is true. Fox News handled that issue with far more honor & integrity than any Liberal Media outlet did. End of story.

The Donahue show was cancelled and silenced for daring to speak up against the Iraq war...... didn't hear much screaming from the right on that one....

Yea some will just always miss a point. Both the Left and Right should be outraged over this Government intimidation of the Press. Some on the Left are speaking out but most are staying silent. This issue really should concern all Americans.

The Donahue show was cancelled and silenced for daring to speak up against the Iraq war...... didn't hear much screaming from the right on that one....

LOL

The same thing happened to magazine that tried to smear Palin, NOBODY BOUGHT THEM!

[SIZE=+1]Quotes[/SIZE] "If we went back a year ago to the fall of 2008, to the campaign, that was a time this country was in two wars and we had a financial collapse probably more significant than any financial collapse since the Great Depression. If you were a Fox News viewer in the fall election what you would have seen were that the biggest stories and the biggest threats facing America were a guy named Bill Ayers and a something called ACORN."
-- Anita Dunn, the White House communications director, listing the facts, Link

Some just miss the point. Both the Left and Right should be concerned about this type of Government intimidation. I think some on the Left have spoken out about this intimidation but certainly not enough have.

Oh, please!! What intimidation??? Bunch of whiners is all you are. Why should Obama not defend himself against the constant lies that are told about him?? Is he just supposed to take it on the chin like a good guy?? That's what you all want, and I'm so thrilled he isn't going to do it.

You are the one that misses the point. By a mile. :cuckoo:

SEAN HANNITY (co-host): What happened at MSNBC?
DONAHUE: Well, we were the only antiwar voice that had a show, and that, I think, made them very nervous. I mean, from the top down, they were just terrified. We had to have two conservatives on for every liberal. I was counted as two liberals.
HANNITY: You have the force of two liberals.
DONAHUE: I mean, you know, it's a shame, you know? Now, we were replaced by Michael Savage, and now they have Chuck [sic: Joe] Scarborough. And by the way, I wish them all well. A lot of the people who worked for me, incidentally, a wonderful crowd of very young, bright people who worked for me, some of whom have now matriculated to other programs on MSNBC. So I want them to do well, but I certainly wasn't -- it was a very, very unhappy time for me.
HANNITY: You felt mistreated? You felt mistreated?
DONAHUE: Well, we were very -- I was isolated, and we were very alone at the end. And then we had nobody supporting us, and our numbers were very decent. We weren't Elvis, but we were often the best number --
HANNITY: You were the highest-rated show on the network.
DONAHUE: Yes. And we were told to leave.

In recent weeks this White House has been engaged in an aggressive and vicious Smear Campaign targeting any Media Outlet which dares to criticize them. Their main target seems to be Fox News at this point. They have been producing an increasing steady stream of hateful Anti-Fox News propaganda since seizing power. Now i know all the loyal Hopey Changeys will see this as a "good" thing but many on both the Left & Right have become very concerned about these clearly premeditated daily attacks.

This White House has also stepped up its attacks on Talk Radio as well. It seems that any Media Outlet that dares to criticize this White House will be immediately targeted for a White House Smear Campaign. This has many in the Press very worried. It almost seems like this White House is taking a page out of the Hugo Chavez and Fidel Castro playbooks. These vicious attacks on Fox News are especially disturbing when you consider that they have actually been found by independent studies to be the most balanced Media Outlet in TV News. The CMPA (The Center for Media and Public Affairs) found that during the Election,Fox News was the most balanced in its coverage towards both parties. These results are based on a scientific content analysis of all 481 election news stories that aired on the flagship evening news shows on ABC,CBS,NBC,and Fox's Special Report with Brit Hume in the months leading up to th Election. Their study concluded that Fox News treated both parties equally as far as positive and negative coverage goes. They found that the others were much more prone to slanted coverage favoring Democrats over Republicans.

So why all the vicious attacks on Fox News and Talk Radio? Well the answer seems to be pretty simple to me. These Media Outlets have actually dared to criticize this President while the rest of the MSM seems to be completely compliant and subdued. These kinds of premeditated Smear Campaigns against the Press should be disturbing to all,both on the Left and Right. Freedom of Press and Freedom of Speech seem to be under attack right now in this country and i'm a bit surprised that more people aren't outraged. Oh yes,a Cold Wind is definitely blowin in. Will this be a long bitter Winter of Discontent?

:lol: Poor Fox news and Rush Limbaugh. Obama "dares" to criticize them and they whine day and night about it. TS.

Let them criticize each other.. Obama did the right thing.

Some just miss the point. Both the Left and Right should be concerned about this type of Government intimidation. I think some on the Left have spoken out about this intimidation but certainly not enough have.

Oh, please!! What intimidation??? Bunch of whiners is all you are. Why should Obama not defend himself against the constant lies that are told about him?? Is he just supposed to take it on the chin like a good guy?? That's what you all want, and I'm so thrilled he isn't going to do it.
I guess it'd help if you started listing the supposed lies.

In recent weeks this White House has been engaged in an aggressive and vicious Smear Campaign...

Blah, blah, whine, blah... (utter ridiculousness edited out)

Will this be a long bitter Winter of Discontent?

ROFL.

FoxNews has been demonizing the President since before he took office, calling him a "Nazi", a "Stalinist", a "Racist", etc, etc...

Now the White House is finally taking Fox to task, and they're whining about it.

LOL.

This is nothing new.

The previous administration routinely rewarded Fox News for being so compliant to their needs and called out Journalists that dared to investigate them. Wasn't the New York Times routinely accused of Treason under Bush?

Journalists need to remember that if they're doing their job right, no one is going to like them.
Word!

A compliant and apologist media is one of the worst enemies this nation could have.

No kidding.

How did the White House smear FoxNews??

Did they say anything that is inaccurate or just state the truth that Fox is a rightwing mouthpiece?

I have a feeling you will be waiting for a very long time for any reply that resembles a real answer ......:eusa_whistle:

Forum List

Back