You're all part of the problem

Confounding

Gold Member
Jan 31, 2016
Well, not all of you, but most of you. I've been hanging out in political forums for about a decade now, and as times change and we move from controversy to controversy I notice one constant. Grown ass people can't have disagreements in a grown up way. You see it here; you see it everywhere. Name calling, unfair assumptions and accusations, etc.

What exactly are you trying to achieve? Are you here to just shit on the floor, or are you here in hopes that some part of what you say might get through and impact another person? I know it's the latter for me, and I know that if I ever hope to achieve that I'll need to start by not acting like an ignorant asshole when I'm talking about my point of view. The moment you get hostile and shitty with people you ensure two things. One, they're now closed off to anything you might have been able to teach them, and two, you have closed yourself off to anything they might have been able to teach you.

Well, not all of you, but most of you. I've been hanging out in political forums for about a decade now, and as times change and we move from controversy to controversy I notice one constant. Grown ass people can't have disagreements in a grown up way. You see it here; you see it everywhere. Name calling, unfair assumptions and accusations, etc.

What exactly are you trying to achieve? Are you here to just shit on the floor, or are you here in hopes that some part of what you say might get through and impact another person? I know it's the latter for me, and I know that if I ever hope to achieve that I'll need to start by not acting like an ignorant asshole when I'm talking about my point of view. The moment you get hostile and shitty with people you ensure two things. One, they're now closed off to anything you might have been able to teach them, and two, you have closed yourself off to anything they might have been able to teach you.
Blame the leftist crybabies.

:clap2::clap2:

Blame the leftist crybabies.

You literally just proved the point of the OP.

To the OP, yes, we will never get anywhere as long as the most important thing to many is "being right", or "proving the other guy is wrong". It's a shame that this is where we are but there are some of us that can have an adult conversation, just few and far between in this country, and even fewer on this site.

To the OP, yes, we will never get anywhere as long as the most important thing to many is "being right", or "proving the other guy is wrong". It's a shame that this is where we are but there are some of us that can have an adult conversation, just few and far between in this country, and even fewer on this site.

I've never understood why people fuse their identity with their political beliefs to the point that they can't even talk about it without feeling like they've been attacked. If somebody thinks I'm wrong I am more than happy to give them the opportunity to demonstrate that to me. Not being ignorant has always been more important to me than being right.
independent.jpg

What exactly are you trying to achieve? Are you here to just shit on the floor, or are you here in hopes that some part of what you say might get through and impact another person?
I've asked this in various ways, and it's difficult to get a straight answer. It's hard to imagine that an adult actually thinks they're going to change another person's mind with constant name-calling, personal insults and lies. So my guess is that the behavior here is more cathartic than anything else.

The problem, to me anyway, is that this place is becoming more and more representative of our culture as a whole. When is the last time you saw two people who disagreed on something have a calm, reasonable, rational discussion, particularly in the media? And this behavior is polluting everything else, from popular culture to sports to freakin' Facebook.

If it were just a bunch of adults acting like petulant children on an internet message board, that would be one thing. But when it becomes cultural, that's something else entirely.

I've never understood why people fuse their identity with their political beliefs to the point that they can't even talk about it without feeling like they've been attacked. If somebody thinks I'm wrong I am more than happy to give them the opportunity to demonstrate that to me. Not being ignorant has always been more important to me than being right.
View attachment 149033
You know things are bad when someone is mocked for asking for adults to act like adults.

Cocky meme-guy brings up some good points. Care to respond?

Leftists have decided it's their moral imperative to replace white people. How the fuck do you expect me to react to that..?

"Leftists have decided it's their moral imperative to replace white people. How the fuck do you expect people to react to that."

It's more expanded, Leftist Maniacs have decided it's their moral imperative to eradicate ANYONE who disagrees with them, they are just following the playbook of their Communist kin Lenin, Stalin, Mao.

Leftists have decided it's their moral imperative to replace white people. How the fuck do you expect me to react to that..?

I guess I'll just say that I don't believe the white man's place in the world is at risk of being compromised, so I don't worry about it. If that's how you see it though you should probably respond in ways that aren't aggressive and insulting if you actually want people to see it your way.

Last edited:
"Minority by 2050" is their battlecry. Are you white..?

Yeah, I'm white, but that distinction doesn't really matter to me. I'm curious, why are you afraid of white people becoming a minority? Do you think white people will be abused and taken advantage of?

There's no room for disagreement anymore. What used to be perfectly mainstream opinions just a few years ago are now morally unfit for discussion.

Forum List

Back