You need an ID to by booze, cigarettes,board planes, etc. but you won't need an ID to vote? Does that mean ANYONE illegally in USA will vote?

Stop your lying. Post after post after post with people lying about this. Everyone gets a voters ID card when they register.
Yeah... I didn't see anyone carrying it, or showing it, when they voted. What's the point of it?

You don't need an ID to exercise your Right to Free Speech either ... one can also refuse to quarter troops without an ID ... or sit in a public park ...

I thought conservatives were against government control, yet here you advocate everyone getting tattoos on their wrists ... Brave New World indeed ...
So you advocate no ID period is that right? NO DL, nothing required to fly? Nothing required to buy booze? Total freedom? I agree with you!
Do away with ALL identification requirements. Open bank account with out one. Do away with all ID requirements...right? You are definitely a libertarian!
“Libertarian” is not a one size fits all type of platform/political identity. To paint a picture implying all are equal to one is as wrong as saying all leftists are the same as all liberals.....even to suggest that all liberals hold the same values is a misnomer.
I identify as a libertarian and support showing an ID to vote. Voting is a right, but deception is part of our political circus reality that needs to be eliminated from the equation.

One cannot function without proper ID, it's impossible

Demoquacks know this but scream valid ID voting is racist or some shit.

That's the problem. The definition of "proper"

You can be an active member of the military, and your military ID is not sufficient by itself, to allow you to vote.

There's no point in arguing, each side is never going to convince the other. Instead, I recommend the path of least resistance. I say, no ID's, no citizen checks of any kind. You should be able to walk up to a polling place and vote, or take a mail in ballot and send it in....no questions asked.

It will boil down to which side can cheat the most...the system will become to screwed up that nobody will trust it.

If the left wants no holds barred voting, I say let's give it to them, and then just ram the system with millions of random, non verified votes. I bet that will change some peoples minds....
I agree with you! Remember generally speaking GOP are in favor of people being competitive and so betting would occur on the winner who has the most votes...electoral college be damned!
Electoral college? Pffft, we need to get rid of that. The plan won't work unless we are at 100% popular vote. Don't need that darned electoral college getting in the way. I say a few clever executive orders a packed scotus and a crafty reinterpretation of the constitution and we can probably get around the electoral college, or at least make a strong case for states rights and national voting compacts.

Stop your lying. Post after post after post with people lying about this. Everyone gets a voters ID card when they register.
Yeah... I didn't see anyone carrying it, or showing it, when they voted. What's the point of it?

What percentage of voters did you see? .000001%?

I haven't always shown mine..........I knew the poll workers for years. If I buy beer I don't have to show ID either.

I haven't always shown mine..........I knew the poll workers for years. If I buy beer I don't have to show ID either.
What difference does it make if it's not required?

Edit: Are you suggesting the only requirement to vote is being of age?

Actually... What's your opinion on that? Should you have to be a US citizen to vote? Or... Just an adult?

Last edited:
You don't need an ID to exercise your Right to Free Speech either ... one can also refuse to quarter troops without an ID ... or sit in a public park ...

I thought conservatives were against government control, yet here you advocate everyone getting tattoos on their wrists ... Brave New World indeed ...

Why can't a State require ID? We know the democrat Party cannot survive without cheating

india-voter-id.png

Simple solution

Make sure all citizens have an ID and when 99 percent have an acceptable ID.....require it to vote

Why can't a State require ID? We know the democrat Party cannot survive without cheating

india-voter-id.png
India is a good example of federalizing the election. In india there is a single government agency in charge of photo ID's for everybody in India. They can apply for one with their iPhone or over the internet, and ID's are delivered to them WITHOUT COST (technically they can charge 60 cents for one)

Simple solution

Make sure all citizens have an ID and when 99 percent have an acceptable ID.....require it to vote

The other poster pointed out India. We should do what India does. Where the central government issues voter ID's, and provides them without cost, and they can be applied for on the internet.

States would still be in charge of voter registration, but the ID would be proof of who the voter was.

What difference does it make if it's not required?

Edit: Are you suggesting the only requirement to vote is being of age?

Actually... What's your opinion on that? Should you have to be a US citizen to vote? Or... Just an adult?

You should be a citizen and registered. Period.

How do you prove either of those? Is being an adult and speaking English enough? Do you even need to speak English? I personally would say no...

Simple solution

The other poster pointed out India. We should do what India does. Where the central government issues voter ID's, and provides them without cost, and they can be applied for on the internet.

States would still be in charge of voter registration, but the ID would be proof of who the voter was.
Right now, Republicans are playing too many GOTCHA games in what makes a valid ID.

When 99 percent have an acceptable ID, we can require it to vote. Right now it is around 90 percent

In short...Dems want to make sure they stay in power. Forever.

Only one itty bitty problem. All those illegals...they escaped and came here for a reason. Once the USA turns into what they escaped, they will not be voting Dem.

In short...Dems want to make sure they stay in power. Forever.

Only one itty bitty problem. All those illegals...they escaped and came here for a reason. Once the USA turns into what they escaped, they will not be voting Dem.
'

They came for jobs. Yeah, at some point they all will be gone.

For most people, driver's licenses issued by the respective state and territorial governments have become the de facto identity cards, and are used for many identification purposes, such as when :
  • purchasing alcohol and tobacco,
  • opening bank accounts, and boarding planes,
  • along with confirming a voter's identity in states with voter photo identification initiatives.
Individuals who do not drive are able to obtain an identification card with the same functions from the same state agency that issues driver's licenses. In addition, many schools issue student and teacher ID cards.

Thirty-four states have identification requirements at the polls.
Seven states have strict photo ID laws, under which voters must present one of a limited set of forms of government-issued photo ID in order to cast a regular ballot – no exception
One of the ACLU's example: In Texas, some people in rural areas must travel approximately 170 miles to reach the nearest ID office.

House Democrats quietly passed a bill to federalize vote by mail and passed the “For the People Act,”

The last point confirming a voter's identity will be under Federal law UNNECESSARY to vote.
So how many swing states for Trump/Biden election didn't require photo id?

Trump’s victories in Pennsylvania, Michigan, and Wisconsin were on target until,
in the middle of the night, counting was arbitrarily halted.
Miraculously, several hundred thousand votes – all for Biden – were mysteriously ‘found’;

I haven’t been carded in 30 years.
You lived a rough life huh?

How do you prove either of those? Is being an adult and speaking English enough? Do you even need to speak English? I personally would say no...

By providing the voters registration card everyone gets when they register.
Well... Good.. All we have to do is make it a requirement then. There you go.

Edit: How do you do that with Mail in ballots?

Forum List

Back