WTF is this? I can't vote Repub in Calif for POTUS?

Just got a notice in the mail that I HAVE to fill out in order to vote for POTUS. But...it only lists 3 choices: American Independent, Democratic, Libertarian. Thats it.
What some of it says:

To vote in the Presidential Primary for the Green, Peace and Freedom, or Republican Party, you must re-register to vote with one of those parties.

I heard somewhere that California was not even going to put Trump as a choice on the ballot. WTF? Since when are our votes not allowed for any certain party??? Is this legal?

It's not a big deal. Those letters weren't sent to everybody. They were only sent to people whose voting record indicates they voted for Trump. The preferred voters just keep doing what they have been doing.

How do they know who you voted for, dumbass?

It was a JOKE. He was poking the dumb person who would believe him.

Stupid people like you should not joke because it impossible to tell if you are serious or not.

It wasn’t my joke...but I was smart enough to know it WAS one.

Just got a notice in the mail that I HAVE to fill out in order to vote for POTUS. But...it only lists 3 choices: American Independent, Democratic, Libertarian. Thats it.
What some of it says:

To vote in the Presidential Primary for the Green, Peace and Freedom, or Republican Party, you must re-register to vote with one of those parties.

I heard somewhere that California was not even going to put Trump as a choice on the ballot. WTF? Since when are our votes not allowed for any certain party??? Is this legal?

Dumb ass, you want to blame someone, blame the Republicans for not allowing "independent" voters (No Party Preference) to vote v a reading comprensio level that never exceeds in their primary. Re-register as a Republican.

www.registertovote.ca.gov
All a dumbass republican needs to do is learn how to read on their own.

That is hilarious considering that 100% of the libards on this forum have a reading comprehension level at an elementary school level. So how dos it feel to actually be dumber than a 5th grader?

Look at who is required to re-register. They want to open the door for independent Trump challengers and close the door to alternatives to the DNC's criminal of choice.

Nobody is required to re-register. Three political parties (Republican, Green, Peace & Freedom) each decided that only registered party members can vote in their respective Presidential primary, as is their right to do so. If somebody who is registered as "No Party Preference" (such as myself currently) wishes to vote for one of their candidates, it is incumbent for me to re-register to voice my choice, and that is my responsibility.

If a NPP voter chooses to remain NPP, nothing changes. An NPP voter will either not have a vote for President in the primary, as has been in the case in the past, or they can choose the ballot of American Independent, Democratic, or Libertarian to vote for a Presidential candidate. There really isn't anything sinister about this. It's the way the parties chose to conduct their own interests for primary elections.

Thank you for being an informed voter. Can you please come help answer questions at my office?

What some of it says:

Dumb ass, you want to blame someone, blame the Republicans for not allowing "independent" voters (No Party Preference) to vote v a reading comprensio level that never exceeds in their primary. Re-register as a Republican.

www.registertovote.ca.gov
All a dumbass republican needs to do is learn how to read on their own.

That is hilarious considering that 100% of the libards on this forum have a reading comprehension level at an elementary school level. So how dos it feel to actually be dumber than a 5th grader?
I don't expect you to speak. Another f'n moron.

I was just surprised. I
Look at who is required to re-register. They want to open the door for independent Trump challengers and close the door to alternatives to the DNC's criminal of choice.

Nobody is required to re-register. Three political parties (Republican, Green, Peace & Freedom) each decided that only registered party members can vote in their respective Presidential primary, as is their right to do so. If somebody who is registered as "No Party Preference" (such as myself currently) wishes to vote for one of their candidates, it is incumbent for me to re-register to voice my choice, and that is my responsibility.

If a NPP voter chooses to remain NPP, nothing changes. An NPP voter will either not have a vote for President in the primary, as has been in the case in the past, or they can choose the ballot of American Independent, Democratic, or Libertarian to vote for a Presidential candidate. There really isn't anything sinister about this. It's the way the parties chose to conduct their own interests for primary elections.

Thank you for being an informed voter. Can you please come help answer questions at my office?
Yes, please help her. She sucks at PR.

Yes, look which parties are requiring loyalty from their voters. Republicans, the Peace and Freedom party and the Green Party. They require you to be a member of their party to vote. Look who does not...(Democrats, Libertarians and the American Independent party (who are NOT independent))

I heard somewhere that California ---

yup, Trumpbot ^^^^^^^

They're saying ............

:abgg2q.jpg:

I was just surprised. I

Yes, please help her. She sucks at PR.

Here, yeah, my PR sucks. Here I can actually say what I’m thinking about all the stupid people that don’t bother to inform themselves. On the phone I have to be nice.

Informed voter plus I've been an election officer, and likely will be again for the next election.

I know all of that but I didn't see anywhere in the thread where Gracie said she was not already a registered Republican. If I missed it, I stand corrected.

CA made it a law that you have to release your tax returns to be on their presidential ballot.

Sorry about your luck.

A. That has nothing to do with the notice she got.

B. That law will be struck down as unconstitutional

C. You already knew all of this anyway, but for some reason felt the need to be a smart ass. Bored?

I know all of that but I didn't see anywhere in the thread where Gracie said she was not already a registered Republican. If I missed it, I stand corrected.

Don’t worry about it. Everyone is just making stuff up anyway.

Way to go. The big problem with all this is that a fellow American was asking for help.

I am. Which is why I was confused to have to RE register AGAIN.

CA is being kicked out.

file.jpg

Calexit2.png

I am. Which is why I was confused to have to RE register AGAIN.

If I may ask, Gracie, what county do you reside in?
I saw a report in the San Francisco Chronicle that Contra Costa County had a big muck-up with their registration...

Computer glitch wiped out tens of thousands of California voters' party preference
Computer glitch wiped out tens of thousands of California voters' party preference

Regardless, you can always check with your local county ROV to see how they have you registered.

ADDENDUM: You can also check at the California Secretary of State's website...
My Voter Status - California Secretary of State

Last edited:
What some of it says:

Look on the bright side, at least they bothered to tell you.

In the future, anyone they have data on the might lean conservative, will show up to the polls, and they will just not let vote.

Forum List

Back