World Cup 2022 Qatar Thread

Well, the USA had some hope for a few minutes, anyway. Time to reset for North America 2026. At least they’re guaranteed a spot it that tournament.

I turned it off when Pulisic proved why he will never be “Captain America “, and why he should never be given the Captaincy back. He’s no Landon Donovan.

The only mystery now is how much the US team will fall apart as the game goes on. Welcome back to REALITY, USSF and US soccer fans.

Well, the USA had some hope for a few minutes, anyway. Time to reset for North America 2026. At least they’re guaranteed a spot it that tournament.

I turned it off when Pulisic proved why he will never be “Captain America “, and why he should never be given the Captaincy back. He’s no Landon Donovan.

The only mystery now is how much the US team will fall apart as the game goes on. Welcome back to REALITY, USSF and US soccer fans.
I thought that you opted out when you didnt beat Wales ?

I thought that you opted out when you didnt beat Wales ?
The draw against England gave me a faint glimmer of hope. The Iran game extinguished most of thst hope but I didn’t expect the US to embarrass itself this badly against the Dutch.

Now we all see why Pulisic is a sub at Chelsea. On the rare occasions that he performs it’s glorious, but all too often he isn’t up to the challenge.,

Now for the REAL biggest loser at QTar 2022… Fox Sports (the US broadcaster for the WC); who now have to air 14 more matches thst pretty much nobody in the USA will have ANY interest in.

The US had a sound team; great speed and some real potential for a young team. One glaring problem I think they have is that they are not physical enough. Also they don't seem to have much of a killer instinct. Its ahead to have that instinct when you're not ahead I know--LOL.

The Dutch had 2 yellow cards today. That itself doesn't mean anything really but it does indicate a willingness to get physical. One, in the 60th minute was against Pullsic. I'm not sure if it was an attempt to exacerbate the injury but it wouldn't surprise me if it were. That would be the move of a veteran team with the killer instinct.

Van Djyk is so tough though.

The US had a sound team; great speed and some real potential for a young team. One glaring problem I think they have is that they are not physical enough. Also they don't seem to have much of a killer instinct. Its ahead to have that instinct when you're not ahead I know--LOL.

The Dutch had 2 yellow cards today. That itself doesn't mean anything really but it does indicate a willingness to get physical. One, in the 60th minute was against Pullsic. I'm not sure if it was an attempt to exacerbate the injury but it wouldn't surprise me if it were. That would be the move of a veteran team with the killer instinct.

Van Djyk is so tough though.
Bad luck USA!:boohoo:

Why does the England team play such bad football?

We play bad football for many reasons. However they can be summed up into two main factors :

• arrognce - an attitude of we invented the game and we know best.. very old school physical style, rather than producing technical skills & ball carrying - football has moved this way for some time and we Have just missed a trick due to us thinking we know it all.. this was evident in the World Cup.. as well as we did, we just didn’t have the technical ability as a team and good ball carriers in the mid field to threaten the big teams.. luckily this is changing, and young players are now coached in the modern way - players like Phil Foden is evidence of that.. we just have to hope these guys get chances to play and develop in their formative years.
  • Secondly our players don’t get enough game time. The absolute key age for footballers to develop is between 18–22.. we have as much talent as any great footballing nation.. but they mostly fall away becasue they just don’t get game time in…
More: Why does the England team play such bad football?

Why does the England team play such bad football?

We play bad football for many reasons. However they can be summed up into two main factors :

• arrognce - an attitude of we invented the game and we know best.. very old school physical style, rather than producing technical skills & ball carrying - football has moved this way for some time and we Have just missed a trick due to us thinking we know it all.. this was evident in the World Cup.. as well as we did, we just didn’t have the technical ability as a team and good ball carriers in the mid field to threaten the big teams.. luckily this is changing, and young players are now coached in the modern way - players like Phil Foden is evidence of that.. we just have to hope these guys get chances to play and develop in their formative years.
  • Secondly our players don’t get enough game time. The absolute key age for footballers to develop is between 18–22.. we have as much talent as any great footballing nation.. but they mostly fall away becasue they just don’t get game time in…
More: Why does the England team play such bad football?

I'm not so sure it's bad football. But They seem to rely on the 4-4-2 or 4-3-3 formats quite a bit. Its what you learn growing up and everyone knows how to defend it, where the weaknesses inherently are. A lot of teams are putting 5 in the midfield and it gives you a lot more options with more guys facing the goal. It also clogs the passing lanes. You've got to have some stud defenders though.

I'm not so sure it's bad football. But They seem to rely on the 4-4-2 or 4-3-3 formats quite a bit. Its what you learn growing up and everyone knows how to defend it, where the weaknesses inherently are. A lot of teams are putting 5 in the midfield and it gives you a lot more options with more guys facing the goal. It also clogs the passing lanes. You've got to have some stud defenders though.

England now compared to England in the past is so much different. Before it was a lot of hoofing it, fast attacking play, which is nice to watch, but if you're knackered after 20 minutes and you haven't scored, you're not going to win the game.

Now it's more intelligent play, much better skills. English players have the skills of Spanish and Italian players now. England could win the tournament, they could lose to France. Everything is possible, it's all about preparation, tactics, and luck of the day.

England now compared to England in the past is so much different. Before it was a lot of hoofing it, fast attacking play, which is nice to watch, but if you're knackered after 20 minutes and you haven't scored, you're not going to win the game.

Now it's more intelligent play, much better skills. English players have the skills of Spanish and Italian players now. England could win the tournament, they could lose to France. Everything is possible, it's all about preparation, tactics, and luck of the day.
I think that a growing problem for England, and Wales, is that the game is becoming the preserve of the middle classes.

Kids used to play in the street but that era has gone. Now they play in centres with coaches. Working class kids cant afford it. Great talent can still get through but many are lost.

Forum List

Back