World Cup 2022 Qatar Thread

Somebody somewhere had this final four and likely won a lot of money. Goes to show that even if you are the more talented team, you best get it done in regulation or OT (looking at you Brazil). Penalty kicks are as much luck as skill and you really don’t want your fate coming down to that.
They should do the PKs after 90 minutes (if tied of course). So let’s say it’s 1-1. Whomever wins the PK, gets a goal. So now it’s 2-1. Then play the extra 30. The team behind after the PK round has to win outright after. So if it ends in a tie, the team that won the PKs advance. I hate to see a side lose because the one player—the GK—guesses wrong.

They should do the PKs after 90 minutes (if tied of course). So let’s say it’s 1-1. Whomever wins the PK, gets a goal. So now it’s 2-1. Then play the extra 30. The team behind after the PK round has to win outright after. So if it ends in a tie, the team that won the PKs advance. I hate to see a side lose because the one player—the GK—guesses wrong.
Penalties are an awful way to settle things. The teams should play again the next day.

Penalties are an awful way to settle things. The teams should play again the next day.

My problem with the PKs is that it removes most of the athleticism and creativity which are what makes soccer unique. It is also, unquestionably, a lifeboat for a team that is running out of gas.

So I think if you put the PK stage in the middle between the 90 and the 30, you let the "lesser" team that is just barely hanging on know up front that PKs "won't save you"--you're still going to have to play another 30 minutes...and possibly have to score goals the old fashioned way.

Looking forward to tomorrow's final, with the great Messi.. no idea who's gonna win.. too close to call.
Anyone here stick their neck out and say which team will do it?
I think I'd prefer the french to win.. why? simply because they're europe, that's the reason. Otherwise don't mind, may the better side get it.

England -- the team robbed by a poor referee

England boast the best disciplinary record in the tournament with just one yellow card.

Because of that, England would have been crowned champions if both the final and third place play-off were abandoned ..

For that to happen all four teams across the two fixtures would each have had to have four players sent off - and each have a fifth player sent off simultaneously.

Could have so easily happened but we were robbed .

We gotta good game going 2-2 France just scored. Even those not familiar with the sport will like it the commentators doing a good job at explaining things. ⚽ 🌭🥜:popcorn:🥤

The whites of brown Argentina playing the Africans of white France. Macron looks like he was hired from equity.

ANYONE watching this game who is not entertained doesn’t really understand the concept of sport.

EDIT - 118’: If EVERY match was like this, futbol would be the top sport in the USA

Last edited:
We gotta good game going 2-2 France just scored. Even those not familiar with the sport will like it the commentators doing a good job at explaining things. ⚽ 🌭🥜:popcorn:🥤
Who gives a shit?

Soccer is two hours of boredom interrupted by 30 seconds of excitement. And that is only in a high scoring game, otherwise it would only be 10 seconds.

All I know about Soccer is what I learned watching the first season of Ted Lasso.

Soccer is two hours of boredom interrupted by 30 seconds of excitement. And that is only in a high scoring game, otherwise it would only be 10 seconds
You are missing an amazing game. You are missing an exceptional sport. If you’re a fan of baseball, you might actually enjoy soccer if you gave it a chance. If you don’t enjoy baseball, don’t bother.

You are missing an amazing game. You are missing an exceptional sport. If you’re a fan of baseball, you might actually enjoy soccer if you gave it a chance. If you don’t enjoy baseball, don’t bother.
To me soccer is too boring of a game to bother with.

However, if you like it then fine. It is just entertainment. Who am I to criticize what other people enjoy for entertainment?

it’s only too boring because you don’t really understand what you’re watching.

Have a nice day.
A few years ago I hosted some business associates from Brazil. They had never seen a baseball game. I took them to a Rays vs Yankees game.

It was one of the best baseball games I ever saw. Several home runs including a grand slam, base stealing, double plays, close throw out at home, high scoring, etc.

However, my visitors from Brazil thought it was pretty boring because they didn't understand what was going on so I understand your point.

Forum List

Back