World Cup 2022 Qatar Thread

Toro

Diamond Member
Sep 29, 2005
Surfing the Oceans of Liquidity
The World Cup is almost upon us. The United States is in Group B along with England, Iran and Wales. America's matches are as follows

Monday November 21, 2pm ET - USA v Wales, FOX
Friday November 25, 2pm ET - England v USA, FOX
Tuesday November 29, 2pm - Iran v USA, FOX

This is not an easy group. The US will do well to qualify for the next round.

Other group matches of note

Thursday November 24, 2pm ET - Brazil v Serbia, FOX
Saturday November 26, 11am ET - Argentina v Mexico, FS1
Sunday November 27, 2pm ET - Spain v Germany, FS1

Currently, Brazil is the favorite to win it all. Odds on winning

Brazil 4:1
Argentina 5:1
France 6:1
Spain 8:1
England 8:1
Germany 10:1
Portugal 14:1
USA 100:1

England or Portugal i'm rooting for

Argentina and France i can't support this time

we'll see which players Spain pick!

Well, I'd bet money the U.S. won't beat England, have we ever? Not sure about Wales but we can beat Iran. I have no idea which country is the one to beat. Argentina? Portugal? France? England?

It's going to be interesting to watch, it's the only time I watch soccer, but I can see why it's so popular around the world when the WC is on.

I hope the American team has the principles to take a knee when they play the Iranian National Anthem before the USA-Iran game to protest the human rights abuses of the mullahs. Iran's insistence on throwing homos off of tall buildings isn't something that should be taken lightly by a group of full grown men wearing short pants.

I used to watch years ago however I haven’t cared since the mid-90’s, somewhere along the way I lost interest and to this day I will watch 10 -15 minutes of a match, turn the dial and that is it.

Well, I'd bet money the U.S. won't beat England, have we ever? Not sure about Wales but we can beat Iran. I have no idea which country is the one to beat. Argentina? Portugal? France? England?

It's going to be interesting to watch, it's the only time I watch soccer, but I can see why it's so popular around the world when the WC is on.
I can't stand to watch 30 seconds of soccer.

The Simpsons got it right.

the Spain coach picked my basque bro Aymeric Laporte plus noted hunks Asensio, Morata, Marcos Llorente, and Pau Torres, Spain all the way!

FhSCLFuWAAATO3W

I used to watch years ago however I haven’t cared since the mid-90’s, somewhere along the way I lost interest and to this day I will watch 10 -15 minutes of a match, turn the dial and that is it.
It always gets more interesting as the Cup progresses, the quarterfinals, the semi finals, my interest goes up as the matches progress, and I'm always rooting for the underdog. I could care less if the U.S. wins or loses. Outside of Messier and Ronaldo I don't know who many players are, but I love this competition because soccer is the most popular sport in the world and these countries take the game much more seriously than this country does, and they are all in on the tourney.

It always gets more interesting as the Cup progresses, the quarterfinals, the semi finals, my interest goes up as the matches progress, and I'm always rooting for the underdog. I could care less if the U.S. wins or loses. Outside of Messier and Ronaldo I don't know who many players are, but I love this competition because soccer is the most popular sport in the world and these countries take the game much more seriously than this country does, and they are all in on the tourney.
I dont even watch the finals anymore, I am glad people can get into it and enjoy it but I couldn’t tell you who is favored, who won it last or any player other than Pele. In the 70’s the NASL had some stars and I knew a lot of players and enjoyed it a lot.

I dont even watch the finals anymore, I am glad people can get into it and enjoy it but I couldn’t tell you who is favored, who won it last or any player other than Pele. In the 70’s the NASL had some stars and I knew a lot of players and enjoyed it a lot.
Actually, that's kind of the beauty of the tournament for me, just watch it for the pace of the game (far better than any American sport) as well as the national fervor that these teams create for their country (again, unlike anything you'll find in the U.S.)

USA has probably the least imaginative (and ugly) kit I’ve seen in years. Absolutely pathetic.

If the US doesn’t get out of the qualification round, Berkhaltrr and everyone at US Soccer need to be fired.,they have more than sufficient talent, it’s just being mismanaged

players you should watch out for

De Bruyne (Belgium)
Griezmann (France)
Mbappe (France)
Neymar (Brazil)
Lewandowski (Poland)
Havertz (Germany)
Pedri (Spain)

that's off the top of my head!

USA has probably the least imaginative (and ugly) kit I’ve seen in years. Absolutely pathetic.

If the US doesn’t get out of the qualification round, Berkhaltrr and everyone at US Soccer need to be fired.,they have more than sufficient talent, it’s just being mismanaged
yea i saw it. not very inspiring. you're talking about the white kit, right?

my best basque bro Aymeric Laporte in slight danger to miss World Cup after he cut his head at a game today and blood started gushing out, though he did continue the game

players you should watch out for

De Bruyne (Belgium)
Griezmann (France)
Mbappe (France)
Neymar (Brazil)
Lewandowski (Poland)
Havertz (Germany)
Pedri (Spain)

that's off the top of my head!
I left out Neymar and Mbappe, I've heard of those two. There is also an American who plays in the Premier League that should be getting attention, Christian (someone)?

I left out Neymar and Mbappe, I've heard of those two. There is also an American who plays in the Premier League that should be getting attention, Christian (someone)?
Christian Pulisic, he plays for Chelsea, but wants out because they're not letting him play much, because he's overrated, which i agree he is

yea i saw it. not very inspiring. you're talking about the white kit, right?
Both kits are lame. The blue “tie dye” away kit had some potential but there’s nothing distinctive about it.

…and they want $95 for either one in the store. Add another $70 ($165 total) for an “authentic” with all the patches, etc…

Both kits are lame. The blue “tie dye” away kit had some potential but there’s nothing distinctive about it.

…and they want $95 for either one in the store. Add another $70 ($165 total) for an “authentic” with all the patches, etc…
i buy jerseys no matter what's the design. i like to support the individual players, if not the team. i have around 100 jerseys including De Bruyne, Neymar, Griezmann, Lewandowski and other world stars, while some are lesser known talents

Forum List

Back