Request for Dan Snyder on Commanders Sale

Anathema

Crotchety Olde Man
Apr 30, 2014
The Olden Days
It’s now semi-official. Washington Commanders owner Dan Snyder has apparently begun the process of selling the NFL franchise amid hard times both on and off the field.

There have been numerous suggestions on who might put a bid in on what is expected to be a $5-7 Billion dollar sale, from individuals to groups of investors.

As a life-long Washington NFL Franchise fan/follower/supporter and one of Mr Snyder’s greatest proponents when he bought the team in 1999 (but glad to see him selling now); I have several requests for whom he decides to sell the franchise to:

PLEASE do not get blundered by some over-the-top bid from an unworthy bidder or investment group. The team deserves better than that.

The new owner(s) should have a STRONG connection to Washington and the DMV area . There needs to be a stipulation that the team cannot be moved out of the region.

The new owner(s) need to have a STRONG tie to the team as well. I’m suggesting a 25 question non-multiple guess test on team history for ALL bidders/members of an investment group before they’re even allowed to put in a bid.

PLEASE do not sell this team to one of these sports conglomerates like Fenway Sportd Group, or some other individual/entity that will look at it as nothing more than another corporate entity in their portfolio.

Lastly, please do this transaction quickly, privately, and quietly; not in the public arena. The fans of the team already have enough distractions around the team, let’s not add one more.

Hey..................according to many in the GOP, "corporations are people too". Why can't a corporation own a team?
I don’t want a corporate entity owning the team because I believe sports franchises require a personal touch to be managed well.

The Boston Red Sox are currently a good example of this. When their ownership stopped being three guys who loved the team and became the corporate entity “Fenway Sports Group” (which also owns an EPL team, an NHL team, a multiple-car NASCAR team, and wants to buy an NBA franchise); their focus on the Sox has waned considerably, and results have waned as well.

It’s now semi-official. Washington Commanders owner Dan Snyder has apparently begun the process of selling the NFL franchise amid hard times both on and off the field.

There have been numerous suggestions on who might put a bid in on what is expected to be a $5-7 Billion dollar sale, from individuals to groups of investors.

As a life-long Washington NFL Franchise fan/follower/supporter and one of Mr Snyder’s greatest proponents when he bought the team in 1999 (but glad to see him selling now); I have several requests for whom he decides to sell the franchise to:

PLEASE do not get blundered by some over-the-top bid from an unworthy bidder or investment group. The team deserves better than that.

The new owner(s) should have a STRONG connection to Washington and the DMV area . There needs to be a stipulation that the team cannot be moved out of the region.

The new owner(s) need to have a STRONG tie to the team as well. I’m suggesting a 25 question non-multiple guess test on team history for ALL bidders/members of an investment group before they’re even allowed to put in a bid.

PLEASE do not sell this team to one of these sports conglomerates like Fenway Sportd Group, or some other individual/entity that will look at it as nothing more than another corporate entity in their portfolio.

Lastly, please do this transaction quickly, privately, and quietly; not in the public arena. The fans of the team already have enough distractions around the team, let’s not add one more.
We are talking Snyder

He will screw it up

We are talking Snyder

He will screw it up
I was a big fan of his when he first bought the team. If it weren’t for the off-field crap and some of his more recent management decisions I might still be a fan of his.

I’m hoping he lets the financial people deal with thst end of the sale and that Dan is only involved in vetting an appropriate ownership group from the non-financial point of view.

That man has singlehandedly destroyed what was once one of the most passionate and loyal fanbases in the NFL. I hope a new owner can create that again for that once proud franchise.

Best news I heard in the NFL for a long time. I despise that guy

Best news I heard in the NFL for a long time. I despise that guy
You are welcome to feel that way. I had great hopes for him when he bought the team in 1999. Those hopes were greatly reduced when he didn’t sue the NFL in 2011 and completely killed as he became Just Another Owner in recent years.

That man has singlehandedly destroyed what was once one of the most passionate and loyal fanbases in the NFL. I hope a new owner can create that again for that once proud franchise
I agree the franchise and the fans deserve far better. I’m just not sure we’re going to get it with the names I continue to hear mentioned as the most likely bidders.

You are welcome to feel that way. I had great hopes for him when he bought the team in 1999. Those hopes were greatly reduced when he didn’t sue the NFL in 2011 and completely killed as he became Just Another Owner in recent years.
I was so ticked at the Cooke family losing the team to the inheritance laws in this country, and I could never stand Snyder he was just a punk kid who ran into a lot of money

I was so ticked at the Cooke family losing the team to the inheritance laws in this country
They didn’t lose it to the inheritance laws. They lost it to Jack Kent Coke’s will. JKC made it very clear the team was to be sold. John simply couldn’t put together a big enough investment group to outbid Snyder.

They didn’t lose it to the inheritance laws. They lost it to Jack Kent Coke’s will. JKC made it very clear the team was to be sold. John simply couldn’t put together a big enough investment group to outbid Snyder.
Prove it, because that's not what I remembered and if John couldn't get enough money together that means HE LOST it to INHERITANCE laws

That’s my memory and what every story I’ve read on the subject has indicated. Apparently most of JKCs estate went into a Charitable Trust, not to the family.
Well I always read the sports issue 2nd after reading the OP Ed pages, and my memory , some things are written in stone , I clearly remember the Cooke family losing it to inheritance laws I probably even started a thread on it in one of the political forums

JKC lost the LA Lakers to a divorce, he dumped it to Jerry Buss to pay off a record (at the time) divorce settlement.

I’m not going to get into an argument about something that happened almost 24 years ago and has no bearing on the current sale.
This thread is about the CURRENT sale, not about Snyder’s purchase of the team or his time as it’s owner.

That man has singlehandedly destroyed what was once one of the most passionate and loyal fanbases in the NFL. I hope a new owner can create that again for that once proud franchise.
Yep, Snyder has been a total and complete dick since Day 1.

They need to get the fuck out of MD. Looks like they are headed to Virginia at least.....If they stay in the area at all.

Forum List

Back