Why would a God even need a hell?

God loves diversity. He created it.

Interesting. You said that God loves diversity because He created it.

If that statement is true, then why do you Christians tell us that there is only one way to believe in God? Me? I personally think there is a little bit of God in all religions, because God is too big to be contained in just one dogma or belief system.

I mean.............you DID say that God likes diversity..............
Not sure which Christians have been telling you that. It sure wasn't me. There is only one God. If you seek Him, He will respond.

I don't bad mouth any religions or disparage the religious beliefs of others.

Actually, yeah, you do. Anytime you tell others that they are going to hell if they don't accept Christ as their personal savior, you are disparaging other religions, because by saying that unless they accept Christ they are going to hell, you are telling them that their religion is false because it doesn't get you to Heaven.

Try again.
When and where have I done that? I haven't.

"I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me".

it is throughout your 4th century book and why honest people have nothing to do with it, the brainwashed are the least to know who they are. you're the example.

God loves diversity. He created it.

If that statement is true, then why do you Christians tell us that there is only one way to believe in God? Me? I personally think there is a little bit of God in all religions, because God is too big to be contained in just one dogma or belief system.

Not sure which Christians have been telling you that. It sure wasn't me. There is only one God. If you seek Him, He will respond.

Actually, yeah, you do. Anytime you tell others that they are going to hell if they don't accept Christ as their personal savior, you are disparaging other religions, because by saying that unless they accept Christ they are going to hell, you are telling them that their religion is false because it doesn't get you to Heaven.

Try again.

"I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me".

it is throughout your 4th century book and why honest people have nothing to do with it, the brainwashed are the least to know who they are. you're the example.
So you don't have any examples of me doing it?

Try again.

your guilt is in everyone of your posts, christian.

Try again.

Why would God need the Christian hell?
Hell is being separated from God. What do you think hell is?
Hell is being separated from God.

as pointed out to you before that is the aspiration of the immortal evil - and why satan is dead, get over it.

that is the aspiration of evil and why satan is dead, get over it.

Try again.

Hey Dingbat..........there have been several times you have told me that unless I accepted Jesus as my personal savior, I would go to hell.

That is being disparaging of other belief systems.

Says who? You? :lmao:

Actually Mudda, Dingbat is right on that one. Hell is defined as a separation from God. Only problem is, when the Romans first got possession of the Torah, they then adopted it to their own needs and came up with Christianity.

But, simply saying that hell was a separation from God wasn't scary enough, so they had to come up with a scarier version of hell. Well, since people at the time though that the worst way to die was to burn alive, they decided to make hell a burning lake of fire.

Actually Mudda, Dingbat is right on that one. Hell is defined as a separation from God. Only problem is, when the Romans first got possession of the Torah, they then adopted it to their own needs and came up with Christianity.

But, simply saying that hell was a separation from God wasn't scary enough, so they had to come up with a scarier version of hell. Well, since people at the time though that the worst way to die was to burn alive, they decided to make hell a burning lake of fire.
You're both wrong: "Hell, in many mythological, folklore and religious traditions, is a place of torment and punishment in an afterlife."

Hell - Wikipedia

You're both wrong: "Hell, in many mythological, folklore and religious traditions, is a place of torment and punishment in an afterlife."

Hell - Wikipedia

I was talking about it from the Jewish and Christian perspective. Both believe that hell is being separated from God.

Hell - Wikipedia
That's only because that is what you want to believe to confirm your biases.

I have asked myself why a God would need a hell, ( and by hell I mean the Christian version of it). I mean here this great being of life and love , is said to have created a place of eternal misery? And something is just not right with that, because it makes no sense at all. But a lot of things in religion make no sense, but religion rains on humanity, getting all of our consciousness wet in one manner or another.

My view of God, and I don't know God, have never seen him or heard his voice; is a view that I know is already distorted by many things; but I view him as merciful, loving, kind, forgiving, longsuffering, all the things that this Christian hell is not. So I don't think this hell is God's creation, I think the Christians created it. I think this eternal hell punishing is what Christians would do with unbelievers, not God. I think its moreso what the Christians want.

Why would God make an eternal monument out of evil? For what? Why would such a being of great power of change, co-exist with misery forever? Why? I can't see it. I think something is seriously wrong with this myopic view of hell! The powers that exist which can seduce the consciousness of humanity into believing nonsense, is simply stunning.
Turns out more than 25% of us are atheists. Don't let them think you are a small minority. Lots of people don't believe

U.S. surveys in recent years have calculated atheists make up between 3 percent and 10 percent of the population. But the percentage may actually be much higher, because the stigma surrounding disbelief in God likely prevents people from honestly answering pollsters’ questions about their beliefs, according to a new report. Study concluded the true number of American atheists may be as high as 26 percent of the population.

There are profound social pressures to be — or at least appear — religious.”

There is social stigma surrounding atheism in the U.S., which may lead people to tell pollsters they believe in God even if they don’t. A January Pew asked respondents to rate different groups from 0 to 100. Atheists received a rating of 50, the second-lowest rating for a religious group, after Muslims. Why? What do we do for theists to be so negative towards us? I mean besides here. Other than here we are virtually silent.

“Given the centrality of religious belief to many societies, and the degree to which many equate religious belief with morality, there are profound social pressures to be ― or at least appear ― religious,” Bottom of Form

I have asked myself why a God would need a hell, ( and by hell I mean the Christian version of it). I mean here this great being of life and love , is said to have created a place of eternal misery? And something is just not right with that, because it makes no sense at all. But a lot of things in religion make no sense, but religion rains on humanity, getting all of our consciousness wet in one manner or another.

My view of God, and I don't know God, have never seen him or heard his voice; is a view that I know is already distorted by many things; but I view him as merciful, loving, kind, forgiving, longsuffering, all the things that this Christian hell is not. So I don't think this hell is God's creation, I think the Christians created it. I think this eternal hell punishing is what Christians would do with unbelievers, not God. I think its moreso what the Christians want.

Why would God make an eternal monument out of evil? For what? Why would such a being of great power of change, co-exist with misery forever? Why? I can't see it. I think something is seriously wrong with this myopic view of hell! The powers that exist which can seduce the consciousness of humanity into believing nonsense, is simply stunning.
Turns out more than 25% of us are atheists. Don't let them think you are a small minority. Lots of people don't believe

U.S. surveys in recent years have calculated atheists make up between 3 percent and 10 percent of the population. But the percentage may actually be much higher, because the stigma surrounding disbelief in God likely prevents people from honestly answering pollsters’ questions about their beliefs, according to a new report. Study concluded the true number of American atheists may be as high as 26 percent of the population.

There is social stigma surrounding atheism in the U.S., which may lead people to tell pollsters they believe in God even if they don’t. A January Pew asked respondents to rate different groups from 0 to 100. Atheists received a rating of 50, the second-lowest rating for a religious group, after Muslims. Why? What do we do for theists to be so negative towards us? I mean besides here. Other than here we are virtually silent.

“Given the centrality of religious belief to many societies, and the degree to which many equate religious belief with morality, there are profound social pressures to be ― or at least appear ― religious,” Bottom of Form
Don't kid yourself.

Don't kid yourself.
I knew it was true. I don't know anyone at my work who's religious. Not by any practicing Christians standards that's for sure. One Chaldean who's a half hearted Catholic. My boss barely takes her kids to church. I know several guys who've made fun of religions out loud and no one disagreed. One girl who went to get communion last year but only because her mother in law made her. She didn't go this year.

Of everyone I'm the only one who went to church.

If those are Christians your religion is doomed.

Ask most of them do you believe in God less than 3 out of 4 will say yes and i bet only 2 of them mean it

Don't kid yourself.
I knew it was true. I don't know anyone at my work who's religious. Not by any practicing Christians standards that's for sure. One Chaldean who's a half hearted Catholic. My boss barely takes her kids to church. I know several guys who've made fun of religions out loud and no one disagreed. One girl who went to get communion last year but only because her mother in law made her. She didn't go this year.

Of everyone I'm the only one who went to church.

If those are Christians your religion is doomed.

Ask most of them do you believe in God less than 3 out of 4 will say yes and i bet only 2 of them mean it
Dumbasses don't know what it means to be religious.

Forum List

Back