Zone1 What baffles you most about this Religion forum (posters say----whatever)?

Peter fled to Rome when he escaped from prison. He was crucified there.
300 years later, Constantine started the Catholic church over the burial catacombs that may have had the bones of Peter in them.

If God cared about buildings, the Temple would still be standing...
Not true. Catholicism began with Jesus Christ. He ascended into Heaven and then sent the Holy Spirit (Pentecost) and that was the beginning of the Church on Earth. The Church arrived when the Holy Spirit came to us.

The Holy Spirit has been with us since Genesis. King David asked God not to take it from him. Peter and the other disciples started the original Christian church in Jerusalem 10 days after Christ ascended to Heaven, as soon as they received the Holy Spirit. In Jerusalem. Peter was the head of that church. Jesus never went to Rome and neither of them started a church there.

sigh, If you were listening to Peter in the Church he started, you'd have to travel to Jerusalem and be predominately Jewish, because:

Romans 1:16 “I am not ashamed of the gospel, for it is the power of God unto salvation for everyone who believes, to the Jew first and also to the Greek”

Constantine started the Catholic church 300 years after Peter died. The Catholic church didn't even get an honorable mention in Christ's list of churches in Revelation because it didn't exist.

Last edited:
sigh, Constantine started the Catholic church 300 years after Peter died. The Catholic church didn't even get an honorable mention in Christ's list of churches in Revelation because it didn't exist.
No, Constantine did not "start" the Catholic Church, he accepted the Church which was already in existence. Jesus is the founder of his church and he lived centuries before Constantine. Nice try, but Constantine wasn't even an official member of the Church until right before his death--let alone a priest or bishop. I've asked before: Why are you so desperate to separate the Catholic faith from the Apostles, Peter, and Christ?

If Jesus lived centuries before Constantine, so did Peter. Neither were ever Popes.
The Bible clearly states that Peter stayed in Jerusalem and was the head of the church there for years after Christ ascended. Christians were not tolerated much in Rome. They hid to escape being served up to lions or impaled on spikes, dipped in oil, and lit on fire to illuminate the garden.
Constantine was responsible for the toleration of Christians.

There is no desperation involved. Just refuting dogma with scripture.

Last edited:
If Jesus lived centuries before Constantine, so did Peter. Neither were ever Popes.
The Bible clearly states that Peter stayed in Jerusalem and was the head of the church there for years and years after Christ ascended.
There is no desperation involved. Just refuting dogma with scripture.
Was Peter ever the head of a group that followed Jesus and his teachings? Did Apostles who were traveling to other places refer to and consult Peter? Does the Catholic Church teach the faithful about Peter and his history? Does the Catholic Church ignore Peter? The Catholic Church honors Peter on June 29 and also on February 22. Does your church have a day it recognizes Peter and the role in which he served?

I personally find it very baffling how closed minded people can get whne it comes to religion!

Now, if you have found the Church Christ established on Earth, you can afford to be "closed-minded" as many think Catholics are.

But if you don't REALLY 1000% believe that your "church" is the exact one Christ founded, and refuse to seek out the truth on this matter, I say Jesus will ask you Why when you die and go to meet Him...

and of course only God knows how that will end...!

But I think that Christians who don't care about which Church is the ONE... The Original, well, you won't want to hear this but I tend to think they are not sincerely Christian

Lord you are an ignorant moron. Your "Church" is the only one according to your little brain.

Was Peter ever the head of a group that followed Jesus and his teachings? Did Apostles who were traveling to other places refer to and consult Peter? Does the Catholic Church teach the faithful about Peter and his history? Does the Catholic Church ignore Peter? The Catholic Church honors Peter on June 29 and also on February 22. Does your church have a day it recognizes Peter and the role in which he served?
Truth is, Peter was the head of the group/church. In Jerusalem. For 15 years. That tells you who, what, when, and where the original church was. And not a small one. Predominately Jewish, 3,000 in one day, 5,000 a few days later. That church was started 10 days after Christ left. Ten days after Christ left. Let that sink in please.
Did Peter catch an early flight to Rome, start a church, and then beat feet back to Jerusalem to start another one on Pentecost?
I know where he was. The Bible says Peter was in the upper room praying with the others. And ten days after Christ ascended to Heaven, they received the Holy Spirit. The whole account of the original church that Peter started is in Acts. Read it, then tell me it was NOT the first church. It even spells it out for you. added to THE CHURCH that very day!!!
If you don't believe that then you have to rip Acts out of your Bible.

Last edited:
Truth is, Peter was the head of the group/church. In Jerusalem. For 15 years. That tells you who, what, when, and where the original church was. And not a small one. Predominately Jewish, 3,000 in one day, 5,000 a few days later. That church was started 10 days after Christ left. Ten days after Christ left. Let that sink in please.
Did Peter catch an early flight to Rome, start a church, and then beat feet back to Jerusalem to start another one on Pentecost?
I know where he was. The Bible says Peter was in the upper room praying with the others. And ten days after Christ ascended to Heaven, they received the Holy Spirit. The whole account of the original church that Peter started is in Acts. Read it, then tell me it was NOT the first church. It even spells it out for you. added to THE CHURCH that very day!!!
If you don't believe that then you have to rip Acts out of your Bible.
What is your point? No one is arguing the Church began in Jerusalem and spread out from there. Christ's instructions were followed: Begin in Jerusalem and spread out to the ends of the earth. Am I not part of the Church because I don't live in Jerusalem? Am I not part of my own family because I wasn't born in the same town as my older brother? Again, what is your point? I know you don't believe Peter was ever in Rome. That you don't believe this bother me in the least. There are many of us who see indicators that he was and died there. And that seems to bother you. Why?

1.Yes. In his church in Jerusalem.
2. Yes. He was the head consultant, and settled disputes in the other churches the disciples started.
3. I fear the wrong history. According to Acts, Peter's church was in Jerusalem.
4. No, if anything they embellish his role, and through replacement theology, turned him Catholic. He was a Messianic Jew.
5. We have no special day for Peter. We celebrate his contribution to our faith.

What baffles me is when people give GOD ...the Infinite Eternal Power the ONE Power....when they give GOD human characteristics...

Like GOD is a human sitting in the clouds.....you know? why he does this? why he does that?

That has always baffled me.

I’m a little curious about why some Christians (of whatever particular denomination, faith or creed or whatever) feel perfectly ok denigrating the beliefs of members of other Christians of differing denominations, etc.

What baffles me is when people give GOD ...the Infinite Eternal Power the ONE Power....when they give GOD human characteristics...

Like GOD is a human sitting in the clouds.....you know? why he does this? why he does that?

That has always baffled me.
First off there are the scriptures in the bible that tell us that God created man and woman in their image and likeness

Genesis 1:26-27
26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.
27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

There are additional verses that speak of God having the same traits and we humans do:

Genesis 32:30
30 And Jacob called the name of the place Peniel: for I have seen God face to face, and my life is preserved.

Exodus 33:21-23
21 And the Lord said, Behold, there is a place by me, and thou shalt stand upon a rock:
22 And it shall come to pass, while my glory passeth by, that I will put thee in a clift of the rock, and will cover thee with my hand while I pass by:
23 And I will take away mine hand, and thou shalt see my back parts: but my face shall not be seen.

Jesus was also God before coming to this earth:

John 1:1,14
1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

Jesus became a man and was resurrected as an immortal man and is still a man. Jesus in his resurrected immortal state has a body of flesh and bones and can eat just as all mortals do.

Luke 24:36-43
36 And as they thus spake, Jesus himself stood in the midst of them, and saith unto them, Peace be unto you.
37 But they were terrified and affrighted, and supposed that they had seen a spirit.
38 And he said unto them, Why are ye troubled? and why do thoughts arise in your hearts?
39 Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have.
40 And when he had thus spoken, he shewed them his hands and his feet.
41 And while they yet believed not for joy, and wondered, he said unto them, Have ye here any meat?
42 And they gave him a piece of a broiled fish, and of an honeycomb.
43 And he took it, and did eat before them.

Here we see that Jesus is a resurrected man with a body of flesh and bones in the shape of mankind. He even can still eat and be touched. Later we learn that Jesus in his immortal resurrected body of flesh and bones is the very express image of the person of the Father:

Hebrews 1:1-3
1 God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets,
2 Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;
3 Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high;

God the Father and Jesus Christ are immortal exalted men.

Last edited:
GOD is not human.^^^

Sorry but that's my opinion.
My opinion is that our spirits are the very offspring of God. We are his literal children. This is why we were made in his very image and likeness. Jesus is a resurrected man. God the Father an Jesus are not human in that they are not mortal now but they are immortal humankind.

Acts 17:28-29
28 For in him we live, and move, and have our being; as certain also of your own poets have said, For we are also his offspring.
29 Forasmuch then as we are the offspring of God, we ought not to think that the Godhead is like unto gold, or silver, or stone, graven by art and man’s device.

Hebrews 12:9
9 Furthermore we have had fathers of our flesh which corrected us, and we gave them reverence: shall we not much rather be in subjection unto the Father of spirits, and live?

1.Yes. In his church in Jerusalem.
Peter's church? If you want to look at it that way and if you want to limit Peter and his church to a single place. However Christ's church spread out to all ends of the earth. And it didn't wait until Constantine for that to happen. Constantine recognized Christ's church. He didn't found, create, or form it. Catholics see Peter as the appointed head of Christ's church, not the appointed head of his own church limited to Jerusalem.

Forum List

Back