Why the rape case against Trump will end up thrown into the trash

Trump will appeal $83.3 million E. Jean Carroll verdict

View attachment 901222
Reuters
https://www.reuters.com › legal › litigation › trump-walk...

Jan 27, 2024 — Donald Trump was handed a stinging defeat on Friday by a Manhattan jury that ordered him to pay $83.3 million to the writer E. Jean Carroll, ...

Anyone can appeal for pretty much any reason they want.

That doesn't mean (a) the appeals court will take it, or (b) rule in favor or the reason for the appeal.

WW

For an appeal to the SCOTUS there has to be Constitutional issues involved.

What would those be?

WW
Well for one thing, he can bring up that two women never saw any of this happen. But honestly on my part, I did not see it happen and in fact chalk it up to three women having chat fests of making things up about a man.

Anyone can appeal for pretty much any reason they want.

That doesn't mean (a) the appeals court will take it, or (b) rule in favor or the reason for the appeal.

WW
My point of posting that from Reuters is that the appeal is not from my imagination, it comes to this forum from press reports.

Well for one thing, he can bring up that two women never saw any of this happen. But honestly on my part,

The women didn't testify that they saw it happen, true. However that wasn't the purpose of their testimony.

I did not see it happen and in fact chalk it up to three women having chat fests of making things up about a man.

You are free to chalk it up to anything you want.

What you chalk it up to doesn't change legal proceedings.

WW

The women didn't testify that they saw it happen, true. However that wasn't the purpose of their testimony.

WW

Correct.

As of right now in legal proceedings FPOTUS#45 has been found liable TWICE.

In one case for sexual assault and defamation resulting in a $5,000,000 verdict.

In the second case for continued defamation extending from the first case for $83,000,000.

For the two cases it worked out to roughly $65,000,000 in punitive damages and the rest in compensatory damages.

WW

Another issue is "deep pockets jurisprudence" NY seems big on it and out of touch with the rest of the nation.
a New York trial court judge openly admitted he was allowing a city to proceed with an environmental clean-up action against a company that did not dump the chemicals at issue based on the belief that “

Forum List

Back