Anti-Trump Prosecutors Concerned about "Stealth Jurors"

If that happens, they'll be ratted out.

Stating that you know that the juror has the right to judge the law, as well as the facts of the case, is the surest way to get yourself thrown out of a jury pool.
Oh, yeah!

I hadn’t even thought of that. The trial will be a shit show of jurors ratting each other out. It will be like The novel Runaway Jury, except with 12 different people trying to manipulate the jury 12 different ways instead of just one guy.

The judge in the case has released the questionnaire. Brilliant move! Just what the sealth jurors need to prepare.

And, of course, the “legal experts “in the media are analyzing, which questions will be disqualifying in which will not. Smarter stealth jurors will ignore those legal experts, who have shown expertise only in being consistently wrong.

Trump could shoot someone on 5th Avenue and at least one stealth MAGA juror would end up on the jury to defend Trump.

They should be.

"Stealth Jurors" are people in the jury pool who want to be on the jury in order to bring about a particular outcome, and will tailor their answers to give themselves the best chance to be among the chosen 12. Given the unfairness with which the Mahnatten DA want's to pick jurors, such deception is likely the only way to prevent a completely rigged trial.

Trump's lawyers protested one question in particular: "Do you believe the 2020 election was stolen?"

Joshua Steinglass from the Manhattan District Attorney's Office defended the question, saying it was designed to glean if a person has "an unwillingness to follow the facts and kind of just blindly" follow what Trump says.

In a case with this much pretrial publicity, the usual challenge of finding enough people willing or able to sit through the trial is thrown out the window, according to Pace University Law School Professor Bennett Gershman. Instead of being on the lookout for fake excuses, he said, lawyers on the case will be worried about so-called "stealth jurors."

"There may be people who want to be on this jury, who may see it as a historic moment in American history, and they want to be there. They may be predisposed one way or the other, but don't want to say it," said Gershman, a former New York prosecutor.

While the jury selection is supposed to produce a neutral jury of trustworthy individuals who will fairly decide the case, both sides see it as an opportunity to win at the beginning, and to use the questioning to begin to condition the jury to accept the narrative that their side plans to present.

Aidala and other experts said the main thing consultants will be looking for is whether prospective jurors have already said publicly if they have an opinion about whether Trump is guilty in the case.

Are they kidding? Anyone with no opinion of Trump's guilt or innocence would not want to be within a country mile of that jury box. The trial is guaranteed to drag forever, include lots of pauses for appeals, and likely lead to a sequestration at some point. Anyone who doesn't care whether Trump is acquitted or convicted will be the reverse of a stealth juror, answering the questions whatever way it takes to avoid being on the jury.

This is the yuge flaw in the pipe dream of Trump actually being convicted. All members of the jury will likely be highly agendized stealth juror types. The DA cannot get a conviction unless all twelve are stealth anti-Trump jurors, with zero stealth pro-Trump juror.

Probability of that, assuming (for the sake of example) that there is a 50% chance of each stealth juror being pro, or anti-Trump the probability of getting twelve anti-Trumpers in a row would be .5 to the 12th power or .000244%, less than 3 in 10,000.

If my math is wrong, tell me. I went to public school.

Who is your second choice for president?

If you found out Biden did any of the things Trump did, would you want him impeached?

Do you believe the House should look into Hunter and Joe's LLC's?

And you may make it on to the jury but it'll be obvious once you are on the jury and that's why we have alternatives.

I can sniff out a Trump supporter without them knowing I like Biden. Very easy.

Who’s yours?
If you found out Biden did any of the things Trump did, would you want him impeached?
No, I know of no impeachable offenses by Trump. Anyway I started a whole thread about needing to stop impeaching for the sake of impeaching.
Sure, but they won’t get anywhere.
And you may make it on to the jury but it'll be obvious once you are on the jury and that's why we have alternatives.
They’ll need a bunch of them, and they’re only picking four. Those four are just as likely to be stealth jurors themselves.
Yeah , about that . . . You Biden cultists are not as slick as you think in your sneaky sniffing. Neither is your demented leader.

1713187776074.png

A bit better than my orange buddy that has to sit in court everyday.
Free advertising... who needs campaign funds when you have cameras following you around.... watch his poll numbers go up next week....

Free advertising... who needs campaign funds when you have cameras following you around.... watch his poll numbers go up next week....
There are no video cameras in that courtroom. The press was allowed a few stills at the beginning.
Now, when the defendant walks out in front of the court, that's showtime!

There are no video cameras in that courtroom. The press was allowed a few stills at the beginning.
Now, when the defendant walks out in front of the court, that's showtime!
Going out and inside the court house there are cameras and he stops and talks every time... come on you know that.... don't play games....

They should be.

"Stealth Jurors" are people in the jury pool who want to be on the jury in order to bring about a particular outcome, and will tailor their answers to give themselves the best chance to be among the chosen 12. Given the unfairness with which the Mahnatten DA want's to pick jurors, such deception is likely the only way to prevent a completely rigged trial.

Trump's lawyers protested one question in particular: "Do you believe the 2020 election was stolen?"

Joshua Steinglass from the Manhattan District Attorney's Office defended the question, saying it was designed to glean if a person has "an unwillingness to follow the facts and kind of just blindly" follow what Trump says.

In a case with this much pretrial publicity, the usual challenge of finding enough people willing or able to sit through the trial is thrown out the window, according to Pace University Law School Professor Bennett Gershman. Instead of being on the lookout for fake excuses, he said, lawyers on the case will be worried about so-called "stealth jurors."

"There may be people who want to be on this jury, who may see it as a historic moment in American history, and they want to be there. They may be predisposed one way or the other, but don't want to say it," said Gershman, a former New York prosecutor.

While the jury selection is supposed to produce a neutral jury of trustworthy individuals who will fairly decide the case, both sides see it as an opportunity to win at the beginning, and to use the questioning to begin to condition the jury to accept the narrative that their side plans to present.

Aidala and other experts said the main thing consultants will be looking for is whether prospective jurors have already said publicly if they have an opinion about whether Trump is guilty in the case.

Are they kidding? Anyone with no opinion of Trump's guilt or innocence would not want to be within a country mile of that jury box. The trial is guaranteed to drag forever, include lots of pauses for appeals, and likely lead to a sequestration at some point. Anyone who doesn't care whether Trump is acquitted or convicted will be the reverse of a stealth juror, answering the questions whatever way it takes to avoid being on the jury.

This is the yuge flaw in the pipe dream of Trump actually being convicted. All members of the jury will likely be highly agendized stealth juror types. The DA cannot get a conviction unless all twelve are stealth anti-Trump jurors, with zero stealth pro-Trump juror.

Probability of that, assuming (for the sake of example) that there is a 50% chance of each stealth juror being pro, or anti-Trump the probability of getting twelve anti-Trumpers in a row would be .5 to the 12th power or .000244%, less than 3 in 10,000.

If my math is wrong, tell me. I went to public school.

Wow. You have a really low opinion of Americans. Were you always like that or is this just since Trump?

I hate to tell you this, but that "I love Joe Biden" T-shirt gives it away every time.

Forum List

Back