Why Putin Doesn't Like NATO Putting Intermediate Range Missiles on His Border

munkle

Diamond Member
Dec 18, 2012

a more recent development deserves discussion as well: America’s withdrawal from the Intermediate-Range Nuclear Forces Treaty in 2019.

Russia’s proposal for ending the current crisis stipulates that the United States “not deploy land-based intermediate- and short-range missiles in areas allowing them to reach [Russian territory].” One need not take Russian rhetoric at face value to consider how America’s potential reintroduction of formerly banned missiles to Europe influences Russia’s decision-making on Ukraine. Examining the United States and Russia’s differing responses to the demise of the Intermediate-Range Nuclear Forces Treaty highlights the interconnectedness of these events and the failure of the nations to communicate.

You got some 'spalin to do, Lucy. I don't like democrats giving wettbacks moter voter rights to help them get elected, but here we are.

I guess Russia should not have violated the treaty. As for intermediate range missiles being on his door step, you would have to just about keep them off the continent with him being the only one that had them, as by definition intermediate covers ranges much greater than the distance from Paris to Moscow. It is a red herring issue.

Last edited:
WTF? NATO is all along Russia's border, such as Poland and the Baltic states, so the fuss over Ukraine is a smoke screen. Its no different than all the other NATO countries.

Now I hear that Finland and Sweden want to join NATO. Smart move. More NATO border countries for Putin to contend with...

WTF? NATO is all along Russia's border, such as Poland and the Baltic states, so the fuss over Ukraine is a smoke screen. Its no different than all the other NATO countries.

Now I hear that Finland and Sweden want to join NATO. Smart move. More NATO border countries for Putin to contend with...
Finland and Sweden do not border Russia

Finland and Sweden do not border Russia
They look close enough to say they do border Russia.

1645961430071.png

1. The Uke government isn't unstable, they are standing up to Putin and his thugs.

2. Svboda isn't strong, they are a minor fringe party that got about 10% of the popular vote.

3. Ukraine gave up all of their nukes.
Not talking about ukraine nukes. Talking about medium range ICBMs that you can easily slap a nuclear warhead on.

OMG that is sooo funny! So these are the crooks telling us we need vaccine passports.

There is no way to prevent truck mounted missiles.
Hyper-sonic missiles would work nicely, smaller and faster.

It's not the specs of the missile. It's who controls the missile. There are already NATO "advisors" in Ukraine. We would not allow Russian military advisors in Mexico.

You are on
Sucks when the comic strip narrative starts to crumble, huh?
:thankusmile: Indeed,you are one of the few posters here who has not fallen fir the lies of what the idiot box in the living room has told you.

Forum List

Back