Zone1 Why Protestants annoy me (and other Catholics)

There is nothing anyone could that would change your views, I don't involve myself in fruitless pursuits. You still think I need to prove something to you, I don't. I don't fear anything, nothing.
Naw. You owe me nothing. But the unwillingness to address facts like, there are a plethora of Christian sects, all with their different versions of the Bible. Which one is “real” for a Christian ?

among other things.

But the true Catholic faith was kicked out of the Vatican (essentially). Archbishop Lefebvre refused to accept the novus ordo "church" and opened his own seminary, teaching the Faith that had been taught for 19 hundred & 60 years.. Since he was a bishop he could ordain priests.. and those were the only properly ordained ones after about 1960 or thereabouts...

Then the Sedevacantists broke away from Lefebvre because he didn't want to accept the fact that the Vatican had been totally taken over by anti-Christs... or something to that effect. Others would word things a bit differently but that's what happened... He wanted to believe the Vatican was salvageable. It isn't
So, does that mean that a decision like, believing in evolution or not might have been decided by a “ plant”.

So, does that mean that a decision like, believing in evolution or not might have been decided by a “ plant”.
I'm not up on the evolution thing but so many Catholic beliefs were ditched at V2 and beyond...

A lot of references to Hell were removed from the liturgy (Mass readings)

In one psg in the Bible Jesus says that certain demons or types of demons only come out of a person by way of fasting and prayer

The novus ordo removed the word Fasting

They just wanted to make an easy way to Heaven.. (though most of the infiltrators didn't believe in Heaven anyway) but there is no such thing as an easy way. Jesus said that the way to Heaven is narrow and there are few who find it. St Paul said that "it is necessary to undergo many hardships in order to enter the kingdom of Heaven."

That's because it is very difficult to overcome... our sinful human nature. But no unclean (no unholy) thing will enter Heaven.. (Bk of Revelation)

In other words, the novus ordo tried to bring Jesus and His Church down to the merely human level...

I'm not up on the evolution thing but so many Catholic beliefs were ditched at V2 and beyond...

A lot of references to Hell were removed from the liturgy (Mass readings)

In one psg in the Bible Jesus says that certain demons or types of demons only come out of a person by way of fasting and prayer

The novus ordo removed the word Fasting

They just wanted to make an easy way to Heaven.. but there is no such thing. Jesus said that the way to Heaven is narrow and there are few who find it. St Paul said that "it is necessary to undergo many hardships in order to enter the kingdom of Heaven."

That's because it is very difficult to overcome... human nature. But no unclean (no unholy) thing will enter Heaven.. (Bk of Revelation)

In other words, the novus ordo tried to bring Jesus and His Church down to the merely human level...
Well, evolution has a lot of potential in influencing how one interprets the Bible. It also has a lot to do with the abortion issue.

Well, evolution has a lot of potential in influencing how one interprets the Bible. It also has a lot to do with the abortion issue.

well, I realize eeryone does not respect life like the Catholics (the real ones). I may not be the best person to dissuade them from their views sometimes.. because I cannot understand.

Ok, the thing is that abortion is NOT a religious issue. You can look at an unborn child in the womb and realize that is a human person.. realize that is how all humans begin life on Planet E

to persist in advocating for abortion is illogical and ignores the science. So religion does not really enter into the picture.. Ethics, yes, religion... not. The ethics of the Nazis, if you want to call it that, was to rid society of undesirables, so called. The govt decided who was in that category, an obviously very subjective "ethical" code...

They just dismiss the Catholic Church outright... based in larg part on what their pastors have told them (indoctrinatd them on) about the Catholic Church. Again, I am not referring to the Vatican which ceased being Catholic 65 years ago.

They often have NO interest in the OLDEST (and only) Christian Church...

Jesus established ONE Church and a lot of thm don't seem to care which one tht is
I feel the Catholic Church is Christian as is the Presbyterian Church and other Protestant churches. I believe a Catholic can go to Heaven and so can a Protestant.

I disagree with your statement that the Catholic Church is the only Christian Church. The Apostle Paul established a number of Christian churches in his travels and I don’t believe they were Catholic but instead Pauline Christianity

***snip***

The Early Christian Church​

After the ascension of Jesus Christ, as the apostles began to spread the gospel and make disciples, they provided the beginning structure for the early Christian Church. It is difficult, if not impossible, to separate the initial stages of the Roman Catholic Church from that of the early Christian church.

Simon Peter, one of Jesus' 12 disciples, became an influential leader in the Jewish Christian movement. Later James, most likely Jesus' brother, took over leadership. These followers of Christ viewed themselves as a reform movement within Judaism, yet they continued to follow many of the Jewish laws.

At this time Saul, originally one of the strongest persecutors of the early Jewish Christians, had a blinding vision of Jesus Christ on the road to Damascus and became a Christian. Adopting the name Paul, he became the greatest evangelist of the early Christian church. Paul's ministry, also called Pauline Christianity, was directed mainly to Gentiles. In subtle ways, the early church was already becoming divided.

***snip***

200 CE: Under the leadership of Irenaeus, bishop of Lyon, the basic structure of the Catholic church was in place. A system of governance of regional branches under absolute direction from Rome was established. The basic tenants of Catholicism were formalized, involving the absolute rule of faith.

313 CE: Roman emperor Constantine legalized Christianity, and in 330 moved the Roman capital to Constantinople, leaving the Christian church to be the central authority in Rome.

325 CE: The First Council of Nicaea converged by Roman Emperor Constantine I. The Council attempted to structure church leadership around a model similar to that of the Roman system, and also formalized key articles of faith.

I feel the Catholic Church is Christian as is the Presbyterian Church and other Protestant churches. I believe a Catholic can go to Heaven and so can a Protestant.

I disagree with your statement that the Catholic Church is the only Christian Church. The Apostle Paul established a number of Christian churches in his travels and I don’t believe they were Catholic but instead Pauline Christianity

I have heard from canonized saints (writings) that it is more difficult for Protestants to get to heaven because they don't have the sacraments which impart supernatural grace. Jesus said it is difficult to get to Heaven ("few find" the narrow way).

It is only logical that Jesus Christ would only have to establish ONE Church

and He did establish only ONE. There is good wherever 2 or more are gathered in his Name but that takes nothing away from the fact there is only ONE true Church

understand.

Ok, the thing is that abortion is NOT a religious issue. You can look at an unborn child in the womb and realize that is a human person.. realize that is how all humans begin life on Planet E
And you can look at the mother and realize she too is a human being.
well, I realize eeryone does not respect life like the Catholics (the real ones). I may not be the best person to dissuade them from their views sometimes.. because I cannot understand.

to persist in advocating for abortion is illogical and ignores the science. So religion does not really enter into the picture.. Ethics, yes, religion... not. The ethics of the Nazis, if you want to call it that, was to rid society of undesirables, so called. The govt decided who was in that category, an obviously very subjective "ethical" code...

Naw. You owe me nothing. But the unwillingness to address facts like, there are a plethora of Christian sects, all with their different versions of the Bible. Which one is “real” for a Christian ?

If anything of substance would come of it I might. It won't and I don't play those games. No matter what you were shown, no matter what you might be shown it would change nothing.

I have heard from canonized saints (writings) that it is more difficult for Protestants to get to heaven because they don't have the sacraments which impart supernatural grace. Jesus said it is difficult to get to Heaven ("few find" the narrow way).

It is only logical that Jesus Christ would only have to establish ONE Church

and He did establish only ONE. There is good wherever 2 or more are gathered in his Name but that takes nothing away from the fact there is only ONE true Church

Hell waits for you.

If anything of substance would come of it I might. It won't and I don't play those games. No matter what you were shown, no matter what you might be shown it would change nothing.
Probably because you don’t know enough about Christianity

They just dismiss the Catholic Church outright... based in larg part on what their pastors have told them (indoctrinatd them on) about the Catholic Church. Again, I am not referring to the Vatican which ceased being Catholic 65 years ago.

Jesus established ONE Church and a lot of thm don't seem to care which one tht is
I'm a Catholic. And we're kick-ass!

I have never heard any pastor say anything about Catholics. You're full of bullshit.

bill o'really says he /she iscatholic

but you can't be a liberal and be Catholic

Forum List

Back