Why Poor States Are Red and Rich States Are Blue ?

Same reason why most of western Europe has higher per capita incomes in general!!! States that are well regulated, have good infrastructure, promote education and a good business climate draws high quality people.

The south is a shit hole because government is always evil and they have low standards.
Too funny. He uses a NASA icon and says the south is filled with idiots and no quality people.
Probably doesn't have the IQ to figure out Texas, Alabama and Florida are considered southern States.

So is Virginia.

I don't know just like I don't know why so many businssess relocate from blue states to red states I'm sure the answer to both questions is not to be found in the common talking points responses we so often see.

I don't know just like I don't know why so many businssess relocate from blue states to red states I'm sure the answer to both questions is not to be found in the common talking points responses we so often see.
Answer is simple why companies are fleeing blue Staes: regulations and taxes designed to drive them out.

Same reason why most of western Europe has higher per capita incomes in general!!! States that are well regulated, have good infrastructure, promote education and a good business climate draws high quality people.

The south is a shit hole because government is always evil and they have low standards.
Why is California broke then?

california is broke because the treat the illegals like gold and give them everything. Just like Maryland.
But, if one wants to see what liberals do to a state, lets look at maryland over the last 8 years while OweMalley was raping us.
look at the money and jobs that left for other states because of the liberal policies.

I live in Mass . If we were our own country our students would rank 8th in the world .

The U.S. as a whole ranks far lower cause the dumb red states drag us down .
With a post like that, it is people like you who drag down the average in your state..
BTW, don't go counting all those college students at Harvard, MIT etc....They for the most part are not residents of MA....
And besides. Who in their right mind would enjoy being taxed at the rates MA residents are. For crying out loud, there is a tax on everything...And the state,OOPS the "Commonwealth" still runs deficits.....So do most all of those wonderful blue states

I live in Mass . If we were our own country our students would rank 8th in the world .

With a post like that, it is people like you who drag down the average in your state..
BTW, don't go counting all those college students at Harvard, MIT etc....They for the most part are not residents of MA....
And besides. Who in their right mind would enjoy being taxed at the rates MA residents are. For crying out loud, there is a tax on everything...And the state,OOPS the "Commonwealth" still runs deficits.....So do most all of those wonderful blue states
does MA have the flush tax and rain tax like Maryland was given by its liberal governors? Really have to love the rain tax, whats next air tax based on the volume of your lungs?

And yet it is still a shit hole, go figure....

Yeah. It's awful. Good schools , high paying jobs , clean environment , mass transit . Oh the horror !
Right.On which planet do you live.....
You tax and spend liberals all think your outhouse is odor free.

Because taxes and fees are not enough to cover the welfare and other social programs that appear larger on a weekly basis

Oregon is a progressive shit hole
Quite right. That is why we are the #1 destination state at present. We just don't want any more of your non-feathered loons, we have had our fill of them at the Malhuer Game Refuge.

Such a boring state, with world class beachs, many mountain ranges, beautiful rivers, high desert, and one of the most productive agricultural valleys in the world. Ah yes, and don't forget the beers in Portland that even Germans rave about. Wines that impress the French. Oh yes, such a boring state.

Oregon is a progressive shit hole
Quite right. That is why we are the #1 destination state at present. We just don't want any more of your non-feathered loons, we have had our fill of them at the Malhuer Game Refuge.

Such a boring state, with world class beachs, many mountain ranges, beautiful rivers, high desert, and one of the most productive agricultural valleys in the world. Ah yes, and don't forget the beers in Portland that even Germans rave about. Wines that impress the French. Oh yes, such a boring state.

It's nice, but we tend to see more of your ex-residents leaving and coming where it's warm, than the other way around.

B/c that claim isn't actually true, it's a leftist lie that they never bother to check

RANKED: The economies of all 50 US states and DC from worst to best

this kind of thread runs many times a year and every year I post a link that proves the claim is wrong, but I can claim that people that should now know better, still follow the lie they tell themselves.
False list. It lists New Jersey way down, in spite of having one of the highest weekly wages because the economy did not grow that much.

List of states by income. #1 Maryland #2 Alaska #3 New Jersey #4 Connecticut #5 Massachusetts #6 New Hampshire #7 Virginia #8 Hawaii #9 Minnesota #10 California

#41 Oklahoma #42 South Carolina #43 New Mexico #44 Louisiana #45 Tennessee #46 Alabama
#47 Kentucky #48 Arkansas #49 West Virginia #50 Mississippi

Does anybody here know that Dani67 is NOT American?
I believe he lives in the Middle East.

Are they poor? Or is it simply much less expensive to live there.

If you make 100k a year in New York, you're poor.

If you make 100k a year in Alabama, you have a nice house, cars, probably a boat to go fishing on the weekends. And you call us dumb...that's funny.
As part of the story on nj.com regarding New Jersey's high percentage of those in poverty was a section where the high cost of living ion the state was a major contributor to poverty.
Most blue states do indeed have very high living costs.
Housing being the the highest percentage of household wages. Taxes, food, and utilities are others.

If you make 100k a year in Alabama, you have a nice house, cars, probably a boat to go fishing on the weekends. And you call us dumb...that's funny.
But who makes more than 20 grand a year in any of the red states? And why do they require so much money from the blue states to keep making the welfare payments?
THat argument has no merit.
The reason there are states which contribute more is simple. Those states lack the political clout of their respective house members and Senators need to bring money back home.
So if anyone is to blame, it is the people of those states which continue ot place politicians in office that don't care so much about the needs of their constituents.

Lemme tell ya something about the south, you arrogant liberal elitist prick. Our public services are BETTER than those high tax states and especially those states where public workers have civil service protections and collective bargaining rights....Where I live, public employees are well aware that they are in service to the public. Not the other way around.
And our communities do not have a need for public employees to fill payrolls. Most services are contracted out to private companies via competitive budding.
Services such as trash collection. Road and street maintenance, Parks and recreational maintenance. etc. are handled by companies in the private sector. Our politicians are not in elected office for a career. In fact they are paid only when the state legislature is in session. The governor is the only elected official that receives a full time salary.
Government of this type is far less labor intensive and thus taxes are much lower..
"because government is always evil"..HA HA....Yer a funny dude...You go off at every opportunity to tout government control of the economy. Your insistence that government doesn't spend enough money. You also insist it government and only government can fix things and make things work...Government is evil?
Oh? Then why is New Jersey for example, losing its most high paying jobs and billions of dollars in wealth to other more tax and business friendly RED states?
Do you ever proofread before you post?
All of that and the south remains poor. Damn, aliens stealing your cash?

2015’s States Most & Least Dependent on the Federal Government

Have a look at that list. Damn, we in the blue states are funding your red states lazy asses.

This is one of those things people say who don't understand that "rich" and "poor" are as relative terms when it comes to states as "warm" and "cold".

My folks live in Florida. Yesterday or the day before it was 50 degrees there and it was 50 degrees here. There it was cold while here it was a veritable heat wave.

My folks have a 2000 square foot house that cost $250,000....I have a 2000 square foot house that cost me $50,000. That same house in Northern Virginia would be $350,000 and in New York City or Boston...$600,000? More?

Wealth is relative to where you live.

AND, I think you have the cart before the horse...blue states are blue because they are largely urban. Urban areas with large population tend to be more relatively wealthy. Manufacturing has traditionally centered in the North while the South has historically been more agrarian and rural. We have the long growing seasons and the good soil.

Also, believe it or not, lowly ice was a huge factor in industrial development of the North. Trains needed ice to transport food across the country. More track was laid in the Northern for access to ice. Cattle and livestock were hauled into the north by train, slaughtered an packed in ice cooled freight cars and transported across the country.

California broke?

California Budget Surplus Nears $1 Billion

California tax revenues continue to pour in. A strong October pulled the state nearly $1 billion above budget projections for the fiscal year that began in July.

The non-partisan Legislative Analyst’s Office says October income and sales tax proceeds each came in more than $200 million higher than projections in the state budget Gov. Jerry Brown signed this summer. And even though corporate tax revenues fell a bit short, last month’s gains give California a budget surplus so far this fiscal year of just under $900 million.

But who makes more than 20 grand a year in any of the red states? And why do they require so much money from the blue states to keep making the welfare payments?

A whole lot of people make more than 20 grand a year. Not sure if you noticed, but NYC alone almost has more food stamp recipients than the entire state of Alabama. It's not welfare payments that the red states as a rule benefit more from per capita (btw, if you have fewer people, it's easier to project per capita numbers higher) but energy, farm subsidies and military spending. Noticed where most of the military bases are?

Now, does this mean some red states don't benefit more? Sure they do.

Alabama, where I live has more people not working than working. A fair bit of that is retirees, but there's still a whole lot of moochers.

Mississippi...same boat.

New York...wait...New York has more people not working than working? Yep.

Surprise surprise...so does California, although they're much more likely to attract some retirees than New York.

Illinois? Yep, them too.

So you see, the problem isn't what you seem to think it is.
You must understand. To left wingers residing in blue states, those facts do not matter.

Forum List

Back