Is it time to take from the rich to give to the poor?

GreatestIam

VIP Member
Jan 12, 2012

The hockey stick graph introduced to the climate issue startled enough to start the trend to deal with it.

That shape showed the gross indecency and immorality of our collective focus.

That same immoral shape is what most countries now suffer in their socio-economic demographic pyramids, with a relatively small poor sector when compared to the whole; and especially when compared to the rich.

Statistically and in the long run, the rich have done a good job of improving our collective good.

Going from good to excellent would, cost the rich so little. I have to wonder why their demographers are not recommending that the rich take just a wee bit off the shank of the stick and fix the tip.

It is loose change (a bit of butt tape to our hockey stick), and if the rich will not fix the economy on their own, perhaps we should take their loose change, fix things, --- and raise their grade to excellent.

I understand that there are already several billionaires eager to start such a fund.

Get together, rich benevolent bunch, and set things right.

That will show the world why the rich rule the world.

My rich friends. Boost the trickle down with a one time trickle up and end poverty.

Please hurry, before I must answer yes to my own question.

9 out of 10 Americans are completely wrong about this mind-blowing fact. - Upworthy

The hockey stick graph introduced to the climate issue startled enough to start the trend to deal with it.

That same immoral shape is what most countries now suffer in their socio-economic demographic pyramids, with a relatively small poor sector when compared to the whole; and especially when compared to the rich.

Statistically and in the long run, the rich have done a good job of improving our collective good.

Going from good to excellent would, cost the rich so little. I have to wonder why their demographers are not recommending that the rich take just a wee bit off the shank of the stick and fix the tip.

It is loose change (a bit of butt tape to our hockey stick), and if the rich will not fix the economy on their own, perhaps we should take their loose change, fix things, --- and raise their grade to excellent.

I understand that there are already several billionaires eager to start such a fund.

My rich friends. Boost the trickle down with a one time trickle up and end poverty.

9 out of 10 Americans are completely wrong about this mind-blowing fact. - Upworthy

Since Reagan or a couple years before the rich waged class warfare on the middle class.

1. Tax breaks to the rich. Reagan Bush and Trump did it.
2. Hiring illegals. We have an illegal employer problem that rips the middle class off.
3. Shifting the tax burden more on to us.
4. Breaking unions
5. Sending good paying manufacturing jobs overseas. Even Trump wants to tariff but too much. He will start a trade war with China we don't need.
6. Outsourcing phone jobs to India
7. Our pay has gone up 18% since Reagan the rich went up 1322%

NO, comrade.

The only way to redistribute money is through taxation and government spending that provides well-paid middle-class jobs (awarding contracts for public works infrastructure projects for example). Wealth is generally obtained with after-tax money and generally cannot be taxed.

The rich are just smarter about money than most. Getting rich in America is easy once you understand that you can't have your cake (money) and eat (spend) it too. It's one or the other, not both. You can spend all of your money and make someone else rich (been there, done that), or you can keep it and make yourself rich (done that too).

Edit. Not rich but pretty well off.

Last edited:

This is already happening ... especially since roughly 50% of wage earners pay ZERO income tax ... Why are those who are successful responsible for supporting the low life individuals? How is that a "fair share?"

The entire system needs revamped. Call it level the playing field. First, all income is treated equally, there is no distinction between unearned and earned income, it is all income and it is taxed the same.

And in keeping it equal, well we eliminate the cap on income subject to Social Security taxes, and include investment income in those totals.

Like in most of the modern era, especially after the crash of 29, ban stock buybacks, it is clearly market manipulation, hell, it is its whole purpose. Implement a transaction tax on all trades, including crypto currency.

This is already happening ... especially since roughly 50% of wage earners pay ZERO income tax ... Why are those who are successful responsible for supporting the low life individuals? How is that a "fair share?"
Let's see those startling stats.

The entire system needs revamped.
I agree, but no one is offering such a simple fix that will not cost more to implement than the fix itself. We already pay way to much for our crappy governance.

Do you see how immoral we collectively are for retaining poverty as a make work project?

I agree.

Was yours a yes or not to the O.P.?
Raise everyone's taxes (even mine). Even the poor should pay some taxes.

I reported income of over $100,000 last year, yet my effective tax rate was only 14 percent, and I file as a single person. Instead of 'taxing the rich' the government has to pass laws that deal with the hemorrhage of money out of the country, namely the trade deficit, remittances, and drug money.

All those losses are backfilled with government debt.

Forum List

Back