Why Poor States Are Red and Rich States Are Blue ?

Same reason why most of western Europe has higher per capita incomes in general!!! States that are well regulated, have good infrastructure, promote education and a good business climate draws high quality people.

The south is a shit hole because government is always evil and they have low standards.
Why is California broke then?
California broke?

California Budget Surplus Nears $1 Billion

California tax revenues continue to pour in. A strong October pulled the state nearly $1 billion above budget projections for the fiscal year that began in July.

The non-partisan Legislative Analyst’s Office says October income and sales tax proceeds each came in more than $200 million higher than projections in the state budget Gov. Jerry Brown signed this summer. And even though corporate tax revenues fell a bit short, last month’s gains give California a budget surplus so far this fiscal year of just under $900 million.
not fair that they have a billion in surplus while some southern states are in the hole, I think it would be a good idea for California to give at least 900 million of that to the states that are not doing as well.
Being liberal, I suspect that the majority of the states residents will agree with me and gladly part with that money. If it causes some financial problems down the road, then a slight tax increase could cover it no problem.

People educated in red states learned proper grammar?

Not especially. We tend to focus more on what someone says or does, not how they say it.

My grammar is terrible, but I can design a complete industrial complex from the roof to the concrete...and tell you how to do the foundation prep. I can even drive the heavy equipment if I need to.
People in this country place far too much emphasis on superficial matters.
There is also an elitism that exists such that those like yourself are somehow more "unwashed" because they do not possess a college degree and they work with their hands.

Same reason why most of western Europe has higher per capita incomes in general!!! States that are well regulated, have good infrastructure, promote education and a good business climate draws high quality people.

The south is a shit hole because government is always evil and they have low standards.
California broke?

California tax revenues continue to pour in. A strong October pulled the state nearly $1 billion above budget projections for the fiscal year that began in July.

The non-partisan Legislative Analyst’s Office says October income and sales tax proceeds each came in more than $200 million higher than projections in the state budget Gov. Jerry Brown signed this summer. And even though corporate tax revenues fell a bit short, last month’s gains give California a budget surplus so far this fiscal year of just under $900 million.
not fair that they have a billion in surplus while some southern states are in the hole, I think it would be a good idea for California to give at least 900 million of that to the states that are not doing as well.
Being liberal, I suspect that the majority of the states residents will agree with me and gladly part with that money. If it causes some financial problems down the road, then a slight tax increase could cover it no problem.
I'd like to know the type of math whiz that can claim a state's budget has a $1 billion surplus but a $100 billion plus unfunded pension mandate....

Too funny. He uses a NASA icon and says the south is filled with idiots and no quality people.
Probably doesn't have the IQ to figure out Texas, Alabama and Florida are considered southern States.
And are home to the Space Program.....

California broke?

My goodness. another one of those lazy ass southerners with his hand out. What else would we expect. With only a third grade education, hard to make ends meet.

Lemme tell ya something about the south, you arrogant liberal elitist prick. Our public services are BETTER than those high tax states and especially those states where public workers have civil service protections and collective bargaining rights....Where I live, public employees are well aware that they are in service to the public. Not the other way around.
And our communities do not have a need for public employees to fill payrolls. Most services are contracted out to private companies via competitive budding.
Services such as trash collection. Road and street maintenance, Parks and recreational maintenance. etc. are handled by companies in the private sector. Our politicians are not in elected office for a career. In fact they are paid only when the state legislature is in session. The governor is the only elected official that receives a full time salary.
Government of this type is far less labor intensive and thus taxes are much lower..
"because government is always evil"..HA HA....Yer a funny dude...You go off at every opportunity to tout government control of the economy. Your insistence that government doesn't spend enough money. You also insist it government and only government can fix things and make things work...Government is evil?
Oh? Then why is New Jersey for example, losing its most high paying jobs and billions of dollars in wealth to other more tax and business friendly RED states?
Do you ever proofread before you post?
All of that and the south remains poor. Damn, aliens stealing your cash?

2015’s States Most & Least Dependent on the Federal Government

Have a look at that list. Damn, we in the blue states are funding your red states lazy asses.

Hey, genius.

I'll ask you the same question I asked the OP.

What Republican policies have lead to the "red" states being poor and dependent on the federal government?

What if I told you that entitlement programs enacted by Democrats are responsible for that? Does the "War on Poverty" ring a few brain cells?

Too funny. He uses a NASA icon and says the south is filled with idiots and no quality people.
Probably doesn't have the IQ to figure out Texas, Alabama and Florida are considered southern States.
Well yes. And ya'll hate the government so much, you really should send those evil government agencies out here to the west where we like any kind of job that involves education.

Oregon is a progressive shit hole
Quite right. That is why we are the #1 destination state at present. We just don't want any more of your non-feathered loons, we have had our fill of them at the Malhuer Game Refuge.

Such a boring state, with world class beachs, many mountain ranges, beautiful rivers, high desert, and one of the most productive agricultural valleys in the world. Ah yes, and don't forget the beers in Portland that even Germans rave about. Wines that impress the French. Oh yes, such a boring state.
Oregon is beautiful. It's also loaded with flaming liberals.

Lemme tell ya something about the south, you arrogant liberal elitist prick. Our public services are BETTER than those high tax states and especially those states where public workers have civil service protections and collective bargaining rights....Where I live, public employees are well aware that they are in service to the public. Not the other way around.
And our communities do not have a need for public employees to fill payrolls. Most services are contracted out to private companies via competitive budding.
Services such as trash collection. Road and street maintenance, Parks and recreational maintenance. etc. are handled by companies in the private sector. Our politicians are not in elected office for a career. In fact they are paid only when the state legislature is in session. The governor is the only elected official that receives a full time salary.
Government of this type is far less labor intensive and thus taxes are much lower..
"because government is always evil"..HA HA....Yer a funny dude...You go off at every opportunity to tout government control of the economy. Your insistence that government doesn't spend enough money. You also insist it government and only government can fix things and make things work...Government is evil?
Oh? Then why is New Jersey for example, losing its most high paying jobs and billions of dollars in wealth to other more tax and business friendly RED states?

Have a look at that list. Damn, we in the blue states are funding your red states lazy asses.

Hey, genius.

What Republican policies have lead to the "red" states being poor and dependent on the federal government?

What if I told you that entitlement programs enacted by Democrats are responsible for that? Does the "War on Poverty" ring a few brain cells?
I see. That was deployed only in the South? That was not a program for the whole nation? Maybe you like to take a third grade class in logic?

Hey, genius.

To the libs it IS always a conflagration. To the libs there must always be a demon. Someone on which to place blame.

Quite right. That is why we are the #1 destination state at present. We just don't want any more of your non-feathered loons, we have had our fill of them at the Malhuer Game Refuge.

Such a boring state, with world class beachs, many mountain ranges, beautiful rivers, high desert, and one of the most productive agricultural valleys in the world. Ah yes, and don't forget the beers in Portland that even Germans rave about. Wines that impress the French. Oh yes, such a boring state.
Of which I am one. The worst kind of liberal, gun owner, hunter, over 52 years in the work force, and still working. Also going to a university. Ah yes, we libs are such a lazy bunch.

Of which I am one. The worst kind of liberal, gun owner, hunter, over 52 years in the work force, and still working. Also going to a university. Ah yes, we libs are such a lazy bunch.

Going to a university doesn't make you smart. It doesn't confer on you some sort of genius level intellect or infallible wisdom. You can be fooled and misled, just like the rest of us. When you also flat out ignore facts and realism, or substitute talking points for cogent arguments, we call that "intellectual laziness."

Spending 52 years in the work force doesn't make you superior to anyone. In fact your situation is a direct conflict with the whole "the government will take care of you" position most liberals take.

When you brag about owning a gun, that has nothing to do with you being lazy or not, it doesn't absolve you of any laziness. It signals a bit of insecurity. You don't own a gun to look cool. Even still, are you a fervent defender of the 2nd Amendment? Or do you like bragging about owning a gun?

Any gun owner who favors stricter gun control regulations can only be seen as hypocritical. "For thee, not for me."

Nothing about your post makes you sound manly. Having to brag about it only makes my point.

Hey, genius.

I see. That was deployed only in the South? That was not a program for the whole nation? Maybe you like to take a third grade class in logic?

Do you even understand the question I asked you?

Yes, the so-called "red states" are some of the poorest in America. But what specific Republican policies have led to that? You're so fond of pinning this on Republicans without considering one big thing: HISTORY. Namely, the effects of the Civil War, still being felt by the South 150 years later. The majority of those states were part of the Confederacy. Because of the war, and losing it to the Union, the South was set back multiple decades economically. These states have never really caught up to the North in any sort of meaningful way.

Here's the kicker. From 1876 to 1964, the majority of the Southern states were part of what was called the "Solid South." The Solid South was a reliable voting bloc for Democrats in the south, for nearly a century. It's ironic you're talking about how Republicans are responsible for all of this, while ignoring how much influence Democrats had before the South eventually became a Republican stronghold.

I said nothing about War on Poverty being "deployed only in the South" nor did I say anything about how it was "not a program for the whole nation." This "War on Poverty" didn't really help the south much, if at all, it seems. If it had, we wouldn't be having this conversation.

By the way, only third graders respond with name calling and churlish insults.

Last edited:

Well yes. And ya'll hate the government so much, you really should send those evil government agencies out here to the west where we like any kind of job that involves education.

Cool, they own most of the land out there anyway.

California broke?

I'd like to know the type of math whiz that can claim a state's budget has a $1 billion surplus but a $100 billion plus unfunded pension mandate....
lib logic
Pensions are a socialist welfare program that is not guaranteed, ( doesnt matter that is actually earned income ) so you dont have to count that.

^^^ Truth!!
So is Washington State....

Yes both states were invaded by liberal filth pouring out of California.

California broke?

My goodness. another one of those lazy ass southerners with his hand out. What else would we expect. With only a third grade education, hard to make ends meet.
Sorry, Im stuck in Maryland for now. but, please continue.
I thought a socialist democrat like yourself would agree that California has no right to a surplus and should give it to the southern states to boost their economy.
Could I be wrong? and if so why?

^^^ Truth!!
So is Washington State....

Yes both states were invaded by liberal filth pouring out of California.
why do they keep promising that California is going to break off. Enough already, break the fuck off and sink. what are we going to miss here anyway? a flood of liberals and an orange?

B/c that claim isn't actually true, it's a leftist lie that they never bother to check

RANKED: The economies of all 50 US states and DC from worst to best

this kind of thread runs many times a year and every year I post a link that proves the claim is wrong, but I can claim that people that should now know better, still follow the lie they tell themselves.
False list. It lists New Jersey way down, in spite of having one of the highest weekly wages because the economy did not grow that much.

List of states by income. #1 Maryland #2 Alaska #3 New Jersey #4 Connecticut #5 Massachusetts #6 New Hampshire #7 Virginia #8 Hawaii #9 Minnesota #10 California

#41 Oklahoma #42 South Carolina #43 New Mexico #44 Louisiana #45 Tennessee #46 Alabama
#47 Kentucky #48 Arkansas #49 West Virginia #50 Mississippi
go fuck yourself

I can go to list after list after list and it still won't come up with any proof for your lie.

you lie and say red states are poor, every list that I can find proves that to be bullshit.

You're such a fucking bigot that you're immune to facts.

oh and why did WV fall that low? b/c leftist hate for coal, you fucks killed an entire industry w/o any thought of the people you harmed.

Do you even care?

Forum List

Back