Blue States Are Creating a Housing Market Crisis

Wow, sounds like you're trying to remove responsibility for the ongoing middle class drain from blue states from the people themselves making free decisions on what's best for them.
All I know is we don't have any more room to build new homes. And all the houses are full. Because we have all the jobs.

I wish red states would develop big cities where you could take some of this manufacturing jobs we're getting. But we have educated citizens and public services. It takes money to make money. Are you willing to invest to get those companies to come to Hooterville? No taxes alone isn't going to cut it. Do you pay enough that people will want to work for you?

New York was smart to not take that Amazon hub. Amazon wanted too much. People were pissed but now looking back, who needs those low wage jobs especially if Amazon doesn't want to pay taxes.

Go to a red state.

So I hear people are leaving blue cities to come to red states. Should be a housing boom for you goobers. What's the problem? If prices are too high here, that should be good for you. Start benefiting from it.

We get all your pro choice citizens. The tourism $ we get from your women crossing state lines to get abortions is amazing. Kidding not kidding.

Dems TAX and FEE and REGULATE to jack up the cost of new construction like parasites. Then you will have some clue as to why it's so expensive and not look like a retard.

The way I see it, blaming new construction cost as reason for the high average house price in California is rather lame considering 45 years is the median age of houses in that state.

There's your problem. Your contact pool is tainted. You might as well hate all politicians because Hillary reminds everyone of their ex.

Gore V Bush was a popularity contest. Even Trump said Clinton was great. So why did we switch parties and not elect Gore?

You guys knew Hillary would one day run so for 30 years you made her the most hated woman in America. Pelosi, Whitmer, AOC, Nikki. It doesn't matter who we run you won't like them.

Point is, based on Obama's job, Hillary should have taken over. And based on Clinton's good job, Gore should have won 2000. He actually did but that's another debate.

All I know is we don't have any more room to build new homes. And all the houses are full. Because we have all the jobs.

I wish red states would develop big cities where you could take some of this manufacturing jobs we're getting. But we have educated citizens and public services. It takes money to make money. Are you willing to invest to get those companies to come to Hooterville? No taxes alone isn't going to cut it. Do you pay enough that people will want to work for you?

New York was smart to not take that Amazon hub. Amazon wanted too much. People were pissed but now looking back, who needs those low wage jobs especially if Amazon doesn't want to pay taxes.

Go to a red state.

So I hear people are leaving blue cities to come to red states. Should be a housing boom for you goobers. What's the problem? If prices are too high here, that should be good for you. Start benefiting from it.

We get all your pro choice citizens. The tourism $ we get from your women crossing state lines to get abortions is amazing. Kidding not kidding.
Last I heard, VA wasn't a very red state, but keep the throwing darts in the dark, you might eventually hit something. Here's a hint for you, I live in a very high per capita income county, but like I said, keep trying.

And yes, when a company faces very high taxes and very high wage demands from a hostile state or city, it moves to a less hostile state or city that has lower taxes and lower wage demands, thus granting the lower cost area and costing the higher cost area the jobs. That's sheer economic reality. Likewise, the people leaving the high cost areas are loving life where they can get four bedrooms for what they used to get one.

Gore V Bush was a popularity contest. Even Trump said Clinton was great. So why did we switch parties and not elect Gore?

You guys knew Hillary would one day run so for 30 years you made her the most hated woman in America. Pelosi, Whitmer, AOC, Nikki. It doesn't matter who we run you won't like them.

Point is, based on Obama's job, Hillary should have taken over. And based on Clinton's good job, Gore should have won 2000. He actually did but that's another debate.
What does that have to do with you hating Texans because the only ones you know dumped you?

Last I heard, VA wasn't a very red state, but keep the throwing darts in the dark, you might eventually hit something. Here's a hint for you, I live in a very high per capita income county, but like I said, keep trying.

And yes, when a company faces very high taxes and very high wage demands from a hostile state or city, it moves to a less hostile state or city that has lower taxes and lower wage demands, thus granting the lower cost area and costing the higher cost area the jobs. That's sheer economic reality. Likewise, the people leaving the high cost areas are loving life where they can get four bedrooms for what they used to get one.
So then you are left to pay for the roads their trucks tear up shipping in and out of your city.

I'm fine with companies moving down south. And it should be good for your economy. Think of all the affordable houses you are going to sell. And I'm sure your landlords and grocery store chains that move in will keep prices low.

So then you are left to pay for the roads their trucks tear up shipping in and out of your city.
Infrastructure is the responsibility of the state or city, so of course, why wouldn't they pay for maintenance with all the new tax money from not only the new company, but the increased property values?
I'm fine with companies moving down south. And it should be good for your economy.
Our economy feeds off Washington DC and all the urbanites flooding the area, looking to escape the madhouses that blue areas tend to become. We have very low unemployment and don't often feel recessions very much at all.
Think of all the affordable houses you are going to sell. And I'm sure your landlords and grocery store chains that move in will keep prices low.
High real estate values (and they are very high in my county, because we get the immigrants from both DC and Richmond) right now make my house a piggy bank, and when I'm ready to rent it out, I'm sure I'll keep my rental cost low.

Basically, I'm immune to whatever you think is an insult to my standard of living. I can dispassionately view the exodus from the blue states and cities that increases the value of what I own, and the jobs that come with it. I can work from wherever I want to, set my own hours, and charge the same rates no matter what my cost of living, so enjoy throwing those darts in the dark.

Infrastructure is the responsibility of the state or city, so of course, why wouldn't they pay for maintenance with all the new tax money from not only the new company, but the increased property values?

Our economy feeds off Washington DC and all the urbanites flooding the area, looking to escape the madhouses that blue areas tend to become. We have very low unemployment and don't often feel recessions very much at all.

High real estate values (and they are very high in my county, because we get the immigrants from both DC and Richmond) right now make my house a piggy bank, and when I'm ready to rent it out, I'm sure I'll keep my rental cost low.

Basically, I'm immune to whatever you think is an insult to my standard of living. I can dispassionately view the exodus from the blue states and cities that increases the value of what I own, and the jobs that come with it. I can work from wherever I want to, set my own hours, and charge the same rates no matter what my cost of living, so enjoy throwing those darts in the dark.

Yes you suck the tit of Washington. Imagine your economy without those government jobs. Stop being a fool.

So we pay for the roads with the shitty wages they pay us? Companies use the government more than people do. Do you know that? Court is a racket and every company has lawyers in court all the time. Look at Harlan Crow sucking off Clarence's Big Dick Energy.

I look forward to people who can't afford to live here moving to where you live. But then you'll just blame Democrats when your state turns blue. Because poor people vote Democratic. It's up to Republicans to change that.

Always the same story, take away from those that have more so those that have nothing feel better about themselves. Sure wouldn't want you clowns learning to live on a budget and save.

Probably rents are comparative, if not more, than mortgage payments.

I would move to Alabama. It's beautiful and most people are very nice.
My hubby and I are looking into leaving Oregon for Arkansas, a beautiful state with many beautiful people. Since, hubby and I are natives of the South, it won't be a culture shock. We each left our respective states when we were in our early teens, moving to Western states. So we are a combination of more than one culture and are very adaptable.

Yes you suck the tit of Washington. Imagine your economy without those government jobs. Stop being a fool.
Oh, we enjoy draining the resources of DC, knowing they will never run out, because today's wealthy democrats will make sure they have their luxuries.
So we pay for the roads with the shitty wages they pay us?
You live in a blue state and you're complaining about low wages, yet you rail about red states paying low wages? Did you think this through? If you get a sudden attack of the smarts and vote red for a change, you'd probably see some things improve.
Companies use the government more than people do. Do you know that? Court is a racket and every company has lawyers in court all the time. Look at Harlan Crow sucking off Clarence's Big Dick Energy.

I look forward to people who can't afford to live here moving to where you live.
Can they afford to live here is the question.
But then you'll just blame Democrats when your state turns blue.
That's pretty much the cause of any area turning blue.
Because poor people vote Democratic. It's up to Republicans to change that.
And it never ceases to amaze how people vote to mess up their area, flee to a sane one where people keep a decent standard of living and vote for the same things all over again to mess it up. I guess democrat voters just don't get it.

1. Have you actually MET anyone from Texas?
2. Have you ever LIVED in Texas?

Without those, you're just complaining about people you don't know that you've never met, and who have done you no harm. Basically, kinda dumb.
That go's for ANY where you have not been or lived.
Most complainers have Never been, much less lived in. Just more negative political based propaganda.

In the midst of a lingering affordability crisis in the United States housing market, Red states like Texas have been successfully building or starting to build millions of new homes in the past few years, while Blue states like California and New York are struggling to replenish inventory.

Within the last two years, some 116,693 single-family home permits were issued in California, out of a total of 221,983. In the same period, Texas issued 293,569 single-family home permits out of a total of 477,825—more than double those issued in the Golden State.

In the past ten years, California issued a total of 1,069,096 permits, of which 555,943 were for single-family homes, while Texas issued 2,017,652, of which 1,303,555 were for single-family homes.

In California, adding to the dilemma, whether buying a new or an existing home, the next trick is trying to buy insurance.

MSN
NYC has rent control and now they have hundreds of thousands of square feet of abandoned business rentals. Wow,and in come illegal immigrants, and crime ....yeah of course they have a housing problem

California when I visited was NOT a nice place. Weird people, drugs, rudeness, contempt for ordinary people.
But as far as housing goes,
  1. How decades of policy failure led to California’s housing crisis—which now threatens the rest of the nation

The really lousy states never keep their problems there. Florida, Texas, much of the South does not have this

Forum List

Back