Why is society not accepting of people with Dark skin?

mustudent

Nov 23, 2014
I see/hear people making fun of others for having dark skin, even people of the same race will put "Darker" people down.. Why are we so caught up on skin color?

I see/hear people making fun of others for having dark skin, even people of the same race will put "Darker" people down.. Why are we so caught up on skin color?
You went to all the trouble of joining this place to post that?

Why not go ask some black people?

What's this "we" bullshit? "We" is a rather broad brush, don't you think? Why not say "some people?" Or, "there are a few who..."

And if this is a school project, take it somewhere else. I already helped my kids with their homework...

What's this "we" bullshit? "We" is a rather broad brush, don't you think? Why not say "some people?" Or, "there are a few who..."

And if this is a school project, take it somewhere else. I already helped my kids with their homework...

Im no kid, I am 24. No need to be rude, you do not have to comments. thanks

So far, those who have answered your posts are known board racists and probably ignorant white aryans.

My own opinion is that we need to stick to our own kind to feel safe. I think its human nature.

Throughout history, we've seen leaders blame minorities for the problems of the masses. A favorite among the racists here is Hitler. He grew very successful by blaming Jews for the laziness and failures of aryans.

We're seeing the same thing now. Brown and black skin is being blamed for the laziness of whites.

In spite of all that Obama has done for whites, for the middle class, for the United States, the white supremacist types lie about him. Read this board and you will see that everything the Republicans do is being blamed on President Obama. The harder he works for the middle and poor classes, they more they blame him for what the 1% is doing to them.

That's a quick and dirty overview. Welcome to the board and stick around and discuss.

You went to all the trouble of joining this place to post that?

Why not go ask some black people?

who do you mean by "black people"
Who do you mean by "society"?
"American Society" why is it that "some people"

thanks I am doing this for a school final in a diversity class .. I am new to the board and don't know how to delete other threads or really do anything on here except respond..

So far, those who have answered your posts are known board racists and probably ignorant white aryans.

My own opinion is that we need to stick to our own kind to feel safe. I think its human nature.

Throughout history, we've seen leaders blame minorities for the problems of the masses. A favorite among the racists here is Hitler. He grew very successful by blaming Jews for the laziness and failures of aryans.

We're seeing the same thing now. Brown and black skin is being blamed for the laziness of whites.

In spite of all that Obama has done for whites, for the middle class, for the United States, the white supremacist types lie about him. Read this board and you will see that everything the Republicans do is being blamed on President Obama. The harder he works for the middle and poor classes, they more they blame him for what the 1% is doing to them.

That's a quick and dirty overview. Welcome to the board and stick around and discuss.

People associate those with light skin with more intelligence and lower rates of crime and illegitimacy. This is because people with light skin really do tend to be more intelligent, and to have lower rates of crime and illegitimacy.

In Latin America people who look more European are more respected than those who look more Indian. Even in the United States, where Hispanics can be easily distinguished by appearance from Americans of European descent, television programs created for Hispanic audiences feature people who look European. Women on Spanish language television programs frequently have blond hair.

In India those of higher castes have lighter skin than those of lower castes. India has been like this for at least two thousand years.

Light skin is the result of evolving in climates with less sunlight, and a colder climate. Survival in these areas requires more intelligence than survival in tropical climates. One must be able to survive frigid winters. In addition, agriculture is more difficult. Finally, civilization has reached its greatest extend in Europe and North East Asia. Intelligent people in civilized countries have usually been more prolific than intelligent people in tribal societies.

In the United States at least, in recent decades there has been a mild reverse in attitudes. Having a sun tan has become a status symbol. There are effective taboos against criticizing blacks, even when the criticism is accurate, as it usually is.

If you are referring to the United States and the Americas as well, I would say it's genesis was based upon slavery and the slave trade as well as European colonialism towards Native Americans (aka American Indians), Indians from India, Vietnam, etc.
I call it a 'pigmentocracy', in my opinion and my readings (see author William Wells Brown and other slave narratives) it seems that the lighter colored Black people were sons and daughters of the slave masters, so they may have gained some favoritism. I'm sure the same thing exists in the Latin American countries as well. There you have another situation because of their Aztec, Mayan, or Incan heritage, it seems that the closer to 'white'/European looking they are, the further up the caste they are. See Vincente Fox and other Presidents or leaders of Central and South American countries. Look at not a few of the Middle Eastern countries (also subjected to European colonialism) and see their leaders and compare them to their average countrymen and women.
In short; the ruling class was White and some (if not many) of the people felt that in order to be treated better and move up the 'caste', they needed to emulate the ones at the top. Good luck with your studies!

I have to do this for school

Don't feel threatened by the negative comments. Some people on internet forums are cyber bullies. These like to flame other posters. "Flame" is internet slang for "insult."

You have asked an important question. I hope my answer gives it justice. I also hope that you continue to post here.

I am a known board racist, but I am not an ignorant white Aryan. In addition to being obviously well informed and articulate I have much admiration for Jews and Orientals.

I am also courteous to those with whom I disagree, even when they are discourteous to me.

Im no kid, I am 24. No need to be rude, you do not have to comments. thanks
You didn't answer who "we" is.

I hope you learned a lesson MU. All you will get here is a bunch of racist responses and a derailed thread.

If I was you I'd tell your teacher who has to be black that he is a racist piece of shit and report his ass. Get him fired. He can join black unemployment. If nothing happens to him ask for a new teacher or sue the school. I wouldn't show up again.

Forum List

Back