Why is Obama Evil? SERIOUS ANSWERS ONLY!?

Just dealing with some facts......

Raising the [gasoline] tax a dime would represent a 54% increase in the tax (that's the shocking number) but would only be an out of pocket expense of a hair over $100 per year, per household, or less than $8.50 per month.
....... I would gladly pay that to improve the infrastructure in this country. This would create $13.5 billion in additional revenue that could be put directly into an infrastructure fund.

Obama's $10 oil tax won't pass, but it starts an important conversation

What is the Republican counter proposal?

Anyone?

let the market determine the price. let the laws of supply and demand operate freely. We do not need more tax revenue, we need spending cuts.

The fund runs out of money every year and Congress has yet to address the shortfall.

Raising the [gasoline] tax a dime would represent a 54% increase in the tax (that's the shocking number) but would only be an out of pocket expense of a hair over $100 per year, per household, or less than $8.50 per month.
....... I would gladly pay that to improve the infrastructure in this country. This would create $13.5 billion in additional revenue that could be put directly into an infrastructure fund.

Anyone?

let the market determine the price. let the laws of supply and demand operate freely. We do not need more tax revenue, we need spending cuts.

The fund runs out of money every year and Congress has yet to address the shortfall.
gasoline is already the most taxed commodity in the world. Want to improve the roads? put up tool booths and charge the people who use them for the repairs. Turn it over to private companies with a profit motive and give them standards that have to be met. We would have the best roads in the world and the federal govt would be out of it.

Anyone?

gasoline is already the most taxed commodity in the world. Want to improve the roads? put up tool booths and charge the people who use them for the repairs. Turn it over to private companies with a profit motive and give them standards that have to be met. We would have the best roads in the world and the federal govt would be out of it.

They did that in Texas and now the tolls I pay go to adding new toll roads on the other side of town, not for the maintenance and upkeep of the existing toll roads. It's a scam. Although I like the way Oklahoma did theirs. I support only a small 10 cent per gallon increase but with the stipulation that it all goes to roadways not other programs. And if gas goes up over 3.50 a gallon, the tax is suspended.

only an idiot thinks that a tax will go to where the government says it will go to

and historically low?

are you under the age of 20? You have to be to think this is historically low

First, perhaps not "historic" but certainly barrels of oil are now the cheapest than they've been in the last decade...

Second, you're correct that it is difficult to trust THIS congress to actually dedicate the extra revue to hat the aw actually states.....So, YES....vote those republicans out of congress...
LOL
what a moron

"this" congress, how fucking dumb, dems lie when they say a tax will pay for something, b/c it has ALWAYS been a lie

Not talking about 3 years ago, I'm talking about today.

Actually, if you can read a calendar, its TWO years ago....But I'm wasting time debating with a moron....
Believe whatever FOX tells you to believe.

Great you carry on being a great regressive bitch with all your deflections, you can't refute what the border patrol agent said, so you result to name calling and deflections. Keep on sucking your dear leaders thingy like a good little regressive and I'll keep giving you facts, not made up DNC propaganda. See two can play your name calling games. Now go away child.

Great you carry on being a great regressive bitch with all your deflections, you can't refute what the border patrol agent said, so you result to name calling and deflections. Keep on sucking your dear leaders thingy like a good little regressive and I'll keep giving you facts, not made up DNC propaganda. See two can play your name calling games. Now go away child.

Hey, moron.....am I to believe stated ICE facts, or listen to one disgruntled and pissed off border patrol agent???

Stay dumb and bitter.....who gives a crap.

Hey, moron.....am I to believe stated ICE facts, or listen to one disgruntled and pissed off border patrol agent???

Stay dumb and bitter.....who gives a crap.

That would be one pissed off head of the border patrol union to you, scuz bag.

That would be one pissed off head of the border patrol union to you, scuz bag.

Probably this fellow nitwit to you, got oregano instead of good grass from some Mexican illegal he let in...... LOL

But these right wingers are right about one thing

A new tax--we don't know where it is really going to. The tax on gasoline, before the 10 bucks per barrel, is more than enough to fund infrastructure plus a list of other things. Yet we are still looking for more funding for roads?

Those bastards are screwing up the money. Its like we got coke addicts for accountants.

Anyone?

They did that in Texas and now the tolls I pay go to adding new toll roads on the other side of town, not for the maintenance and upkeep of the existing toll roads. It's a scam. Although I like the way Oklahoma did theirs. I support only a small 10 cent per gallon increase but with the stipulation that it all goes to roadways not other programs. And if gas goes up over 3.50 a gallon, the tax is suspended.

I like that. Anything that keeps the federal government out of it.

Forum List

Back