Why is Obama Evil? SERIOUS ANSWERS ONLY!?

You said you pay 38 cents per gallon. I commented on that.d

There was no need to address previous taxes, we are talking about a new tax. If you want to talk about over all taxes on gas, I suggest you start a new thread on that topic because it is a new topic you are trying to introduce. (It is easy to see what that argument should be--you want to see overall taxes cut. We are not talking about that!)

But if you are paying 38 cents and the tax is on the barrel itself, you are getting an extra 12 to 20 cents. Regardless of how much tax was already applied to the barrel, the new tax is still relatively negligible.

Your link is not relevent unless you are trying to change the topic. That is from realizing $10 increase on a barrel will not be noticed by the consumer under the present conditions Versus Realizing that Gas, overall, is taxed to astronomical rates.

If we were on the second topic, I would agree with you.

But we are discussing the first topic, so don't have a hissy fit if you realized what I am saying is correct thus you feel you can switch topics without notice

It will increase the price of fuel twenty-five cents per gallon and that mean I am paying a extra six dollars per tank which mean twelve dollars more per week which means $624.00 per year, so that is not noticeable to you because President Obama is telling you it does not matter and then add in the amount of taxes already paid, but hey who cares because you enjoy making the average consumer to pay more taxes!

Hey--you never realized that 624 a year--at least not in the past 5 years.

And if you really want to sit down and think about it, you should still be paying the amount you were paying last year if it wasn't for Obama. Remember, the only reason overall prices are falling is due to sanctions being lifted on Iran. That was part of the deal Obama cut with the Iranians.

Concerning over all taxes on gas--that is a new thread worthy topic. Now I don't mind being told to fuck off about an issue I agree with you on. But I do mind it when you tell me that Obama is telling me to agree with you when I know that is not the case.

However, I never really argued with you about overall taxes on because there is no reason for me too.

President Obama is the reason for the oil crash?

Are you that fucking retarded to think I will believe that stupid fucking nonsense?

No, thank Saudi Arabia for the oil glut that was going on before the lift of the sanctions of Iran.

You have to be kidding me with your stupid nonsense of giving a President the credit or blame for the oil market when it has more to do with OPEC not decreasing their output!

exactly why is cheap oil bad?

I did not write it was bad and was correcting the other poster on giving President Obama credit for the decrease of oil prices.

Now how is it bad?

Massive layoffs in the energy industry that has a ripple effect that will be felt in pipe manufacturing all the way through transportation, and loss of tax revenue because of this...

Wait didn't a poster tell me we are not allow to change the subject?

( Not you but the moron that want to give President Obama credit for something he did not do )

it is true that low oil prices hurt the oil companies, but they help every other industry and individual in the country. Think about the trucking and airline industries. When shipping costs are lower profits go up and companies have money to hire more employees and expand. The oil companies will be fine, they have been making billions for years.

You bunch of dumb asses are saying its okay to screw over the poor

Yes, I agree Blueballs....it is MUCH better to send those "poor" to die in the Iraqi deserts; after all, who needs better roads and bridges that don't collapse?

Just dealing with some facts......

Raising the [gasoline] tax a dime would represent a 54% increase in the tax (that's the shocking number) but would only be an out of pocket expense of a hair over $100 per year, per household, or less than $8.50 per month.
....... I would gladly pay that to improve the infrastructure in this country. This would create $13.5 billion in additional revenue that could be put directly into an infrastructure fund.

Obama's $10 oil tax won't pass, but it starts an important conversation

What is the Republican counter proposal?

Anyone?

let the market determine the price. let the laws of supply and demand operate freely. We do not need more tax revenue, we need spending cuts.

You bunch of dumb asses are saying its okay to screw over the poor

Yes, I agree Blueballs....it is MUCH better to send those "poor" to die in the Iraqi deserts; after all, who needs better roads and bridges that don't collapse?

obozo has been in office for 7 years, has he ever asked for more infrastructure spending?

There are more people in poverty today than when he took over. the gap between rich and poor is larger than when he took over. he will have doubled the national debt in 8 years. His left wing policies have failed, but we have more Islamic terrorists residing in this country, so he has managed to achieve one of his goals.

it is true that low oil prices hurt the oil companies, but they help every other industry and individual in the country. Think about the trucking and airline industries. When shipping costs are lower profits go up and companies have money to hire more employees and expand. The oil companies will be fine, they have been making billions for years.

The price of coffee has decreased by almost 60%....yet, Starbucks openly stated that the price on one of their outrageously priced lattes will NOT decrease.....Some airlines, however, who have greatly benefited from lower oil costs, are promising additional little peanut bags to passengers

The price of coffee has decreased by almost 60%....yet, Starbucks openly stated that the price on one of their outrageously priced lattes will NOT decrease.....Some airlines, however, who have greatly benefited from lower oil costs, are promising additional little peanut bags to passengers

the answer is easy, don't go to Starbucks, only idiots pay $9 for a cup of coffee. The airlines were losing money, now they are making a little. How awful!

obozo has been in office for 7 years, has he ever asked for more infrastructure spending?

Obama proposes $478B transportation bill

President Obama is proposing legislation that would spend $478 billion over the next six years to boost the nation's infrastructure.

Lawmakers have been discussing ways to pay for widespread improvements, including the possibility of increasing the 18.4 cents per gallon federal gas tax, to help fund new construction projects.

There are more people in poverty today than when he took over. the gap between rich and poor is larger than when he took over. he will have doubled the national debt in 8 years. His left wing policies have failed, but we have more Islamic terrorists residing in this country, so he has managed to achieve one of his goals.

"....and FOX news will be back after these commercials..."

President Obama is proposing legislation that would spend $478 billion over the next six years to boost the nation's infrastructure.

Lawmakers have been discussing ways to pay for widespread improvements, including the possibility of increasing the 18.4 cents per gallon federal gas tax, to help fund new construction projects.

great, new taxes. did he ever propose cutting any spending? oh, yeah, the military and the border patrol and the coast guard.

et the market determine the price. let the laws of supply and demand operate freely. We do not need more tax revenue, we need spending cuts.

You're right....let those highways fix themselves....airports, seaports, tunnels, etc. have a habit of "healing" themselves if ONLY we can keep the federal government off our backs.

"....and FOX news will be back after these commercials..."

actually that was CNN

great, new taxes. did he ever propose cutting any spending? oh, yeah, the military and the border patrol and the coast guard.

Actually those expenditures have gone down under the GOP "sequester" rule......But, nice try.

et the market determine the price. let the laws of supply and demand operate freely. We do not need more tax revenue, we need spending cuts.

You're right....let those highways fix themselves....airports, seaports, tunnels, etc. have a habit of "healing" themselves if ONLY we can keep the federal government off our backs.

Did I say I opposed infrastructure improvement and maintenance? Duh, No.

My apologies......I forgot that you are a strong believer that infrastructure costs occur through evangelical miracles.

Look fish....even a cat gets bored of playing with a dead mouse...Stay dumb...I really don't give a crap.

Actually those expenditures have gone down under the GOP "sequester" rule......But, nice try.

the sequester was bipartisan. It was a needed step towards stopping the ever increasing national debt. We cannot continue to spend more than we collect. That has to stop.

My apologies......I forgot that you are a strong believer that infrastructure costs occur through evangelical miracles.

nope, they require money. the point is that the govt is out of money, we are borrowing 40 cents of every dollar spent by the federal govt. that must stop.

I would support an across the board 30% cut to every item in the federal budget, everything, including SS, medicare, Medicaid, welfare, food stamps, DOD, congressional salaries and benefits, national parks, Every item in the budget.

Sure it would hurt, but it would hurt everyone, there is no painless way to fix this mess.

Forum List

Back