Why is bacon so appealing?

I don't care how it tastes, pigs are even smarter than dogs, and like dogs and cats they have individual personalities... so to me it's just as bad as killing and eating a dog. Plus bacon is a Type 1 carcinogen, and that's just 2 out of numerous reasons to not eat them. Sorry to be a party pooper here, but hey, sometimes inconvenient truths need to be spoken. ;)

Carry on.

The problem is,.they move around significantly more than cows for instance who are born to stand in a box boxed, killed and eaten. Those creatures live a horrble existence. When one really thinks of it, humans are pure savages. It is enough to drive one to vegetarianism at times but I can never do so for long. :(
There's no other creature crueler than Man

I don't care how it tastes, pigs are even smarter than dogs, and like dogs and cats they have individual personalities... so to me it's just as bad as killing and eating a dog. Plus bacon is a Type 1 carcinogen, and that's just 2 out of numerous reasons to not eat them. Sorry to be a party pooper here, but hey, sometimes inconvenient truths need to be spoken. ;)

Carry on.

I havent had bacon in a long while due to wanting to eat healthy. I must admit though, the smell and taste is magnificant. I remember reading an article written by a Jewish guy who was comparing Judaism and Christianity, and he believed staying loyal to Christianities rules was more difficult than Judaism (a side debate in itself). Regardless,. I found it interesting that he acknowledged that the smell of bacon is appealing, a rule.he would love to break and said "do people not think I'd like to try it (but of course he can't)"? It was an experiment in a way confirming that instinctively there is something in bacon when it cooks that draws our attention, even for a guy who has never had even a single piece.

Last edited:
I havent had bacon in a long while due to wanting to eat healthy. I must admit though, the smell and taste is magnificant. I remember reading an article written by a Jewish guy who was comparing Judaism and Christianity, and he believed staying loyal to Christianities rules was more difficult than Judaism (a side debate in itself). Regardless,. I found it interesting that he acknowledged that the smell of bacon is appealing, a rule.he would love to break and said "do people not think I'd like to try it (but of course he can't)"? It was an experiment in a way confirming that instinctively there is something in bacon when it cooks that draws our attention, even for a guy who has never had even a single piece.
I can't remember what bacon smells like, and I don't mind that a bit

BTW, not all Christians eat pork. That was introduced by the Catholic cult and passed on to her daughter churches (the Protestants).

7th Day Adventists don't eat pork and for the most part are vegetarian. Other groups observe the LAW of clean and unclean meats

Why is bacon so appealing?

Because.......

1n27kl.jpg

Carry on.

That pig would gore you and eat your liver if it got the chance.

That pig would gore you and eat your liver if it got the chance.

:bs1:

Your ignorance is showing. Contrary to your narrow preconceived notions, there are plenty of people who have pigs for pets, and also there are tons of animal sanctuaries (I follow lots of them on social media) who utterly disprove your asinine claim on a daily basis.

Speaking of animal sanctuaries, this video brings up a very important point:

ETA: look at this smile. (both of them. wait for it...) 😆

Last edited:
Actually - If you take off a whole chickens skin, smoke and salt it, then fry it in a pan it will smell just as good and taste just as awesome.
We are preprogrammed to be attracted to both salt and fat because in nature it is rare and precious.
Just like eating a properly pan fried piece of Salmon with the skin on. That skin, and especially the fat layer underneath it, is heaven on a plate.
Bacon is not really especially better than other sources of high fat. Just more available and larger than other sources.

ww.jpg

Now I'm craving a bacon sammich with extra bacon and a side of bacon :(
Its like a really good cheeseburger.
Given the choice between a 2 Michelin star chef making you a plate of fancy something or another costing $50 - or a well made cheeseburger on a toasted bun with your favorite toppings for $5.... yeah... it's not even close.

One time at work there was one donut left in a dozen someone brought in. As a mean joke we smothered it with a 1/4 inch of cold bacon grease and dusted it with powdered sugar. Looked just like frosting.
One gal grabbed it and ate the whole thing. Was puking her guts out 5 minutes later.

Good times :laugh:

Forum List

Back