Zone1 Why Does God Even Hate Homosexuality?

You mean personal things like marriage? Government gives its approval to heterosexual marriage and had passed many laws regarding and protecting it. Are you telling me you disapprove of these laws?
Yes.

I'm not but you certainly seem to think you are.

IMO there is no such thing as heaven
I have experienced a relationship with the living God and for that reason can believe in eternal life and Heaven. I have felt God's love, God's guidance, God's assurance. I believe He loves you and you can have a relationship and assurance too.

And as that relates to this thread, I have found nothing in the Bible, have sensed nothing from God, cannot use logic or reason to give myself authority to judge my gay friends, very good and caring people, for a biological condition over which they did not seek and have no control. I do use logic and reason, and perhaps God's counsel, to believe what they do in the privacy of their bedrooms is not any of my business and it is His prerogative to judge them, not mine.

And I allow others their different beliefs and understanding about that.

And I'm not turning you into anything. I am asking you questions and if I see a contradiction I will ask you about that.
No, you are assigning 'cognitive dissonance' to a person. That is an assumption, not you asking for clarification. I am sure you understand the difference.

You disapprove of a society tells homosexuals that if their relationships make them happy that they should pursue them and yet in the same breath you say that you accept homosexuals and their choices.
How does society know what will bring happiness to anyone in the long run? Is society some kind of psychic who sees the end result for every single individual?

Cool so no more tax advantages or other civil protections like property rights assumed powers of attorney or medical proxies between married couples etc.
Correct. People can manage their own personal business and government can stay out of it.

It is not. I am telling society/government to mind its OWN business and let individuals mind their own personal business. That is no contradiction.
But that's not exactly what you said at first is it?

You said you don't approve of a society that says it's OK for gay people to do "what feels good"

You specifically singled out homosexuals in that statement.

You did not simply state that you disapprove of a society that tells ANYONE or EVERYONE to do what feels good.

But that's not exactly what you said at first is it?

You said you don't approve of a society that says it's OK for gay people to do "what feels good"

You specifically singled out homosexuals in that statement.

You did not simply state that you disapprove of a society that tells ANYONE or EVERYONE to do what feels good.
Okay, we are permanently through. We are in a thread about homosexuality, so naturally when I said I don't approve of a society saying it is okay...I clearly must have meant I don't approve of a society saying it is okay for people to go swimming or eat chocolate.

Okay, we are permanently through. We are in a thread about homosexuality, so naturally when I said I don't approve of a society saying it is okay...I clearly must have meant I don't approve of a society saying it is okay for people to go swimming or eat chocolate.
So then you admit you disapprove of homosexuals and their lifestyle.

How do you grow your membership? Create Hell to scare people into joining and make homosexuality a sin so men and women give birth to more little future Christians.
The thing is that any religion calls homosexuality is sin has had no effect on the percentage of homosexuals among the human population.

There have been homosexuals for as long as there have been people.

In fact a person who realizes that all human behavior exists on a continuum would have to also say that it is normal that a certain percentage of people are homosexual.

Which is where I stand on the subject.

The Buddhist in me recognizes that there is enough suffering in the world today and if two people can find happiness and not cause anyone harm that I say good for them.

The act is disgusting

I mean, any sane person knows you don't do that

Lesbianism is somewhat less disgusting but still unnatural

And also there is this: God does not think like humans. I think it is in Isaiah 55 or thereabouts:

where God says that our human ways are not His ways, our thoughts are not His

Experience alone tells us this is so (regardless of whether you believe in Scirpture)

The act is disgusting

I mean, any sane person knows you don't do that

Lesbianism is somewhat less disgusting but still unnatural

And also there is this: God does not think like humans. I think it is in Isaiah 55 or thereabouts:

where God says that our human ways are not His ways, our thoughts are not His

Experience alone tells us this is so (regardless of whether you believe in Scirpture)
That's your own opinion. Personally I think eating meat is disgusting but I'm not trying to tell everyone else they have to think that.

I have no desire to watch homosexuals but I don't care what 2 consenting adults do in private.

Forum List

Back