why do some believe religion over science

You just go ahead and assume the numbers are far worse based on your bigotry.
I'm sorry if you thought I was bigotry, the trend that even if I was people are less and less religious has been going on for decades, I don't think that's bigotry to assume that its continued. Besides even if I was bigoted about the issue it doesn't have any effect on trends.

I'm speaking of modern scientists coming to a belief in Christianity.
Embracing Christ is one thing, I firmly believe that if the world had been given the opportunity to openly accept his philosophy we'd all be much better off and much further along in our evolution. Christianity, is altogether a different animal. I doubt if many scientists that weren't already indoctrinated in Christianity would embrace it.

I'm sorry if you thought I was bigotry, the trend that even if I was people are less and less religious has been going on for decades, I don't think that's bigotry to assume that its continued. Besides even if I was bigoted about the issue it doesn't have any effect on trends.
I may have misunderstood you. My apologies.

Embracing Christ is one thing, I firmly believe that if the world had been given the opportunity to openly accept his philosophy we'd all be much better off and much further along in our evolution. Christianity, is altogether a different animal. I doubt if many scientists that weren't already indoctrinated in Christianity would embrace it.
People abandon their atheism for acceptance of Christ all the time. I did it myself, in 1992.

Thank you again, I have enjoyed many of your conversations whether I was in them or not. I believe all paths lead to the Creator ( even the atheists ).
I want to clarify this, so it can't be used as a weapon to attack me, I believe that all paths PEOPLE take lead to the Creator. Whenever I make negative remarks, I do not make them against people, my intent is to criticize institutions, not individuals.

People change their briefs all the time every wich way. I'm interested, why did you change your beliefs so radically ? Did it occur in degrees ? , for example you were an atheist, then you were a theist, and then a believer in a specific religious god. Or was it even more dramatic than that ? Just curious, no judgment intended. Free choice is one of the perks of having a life as an individual.

Religion gives an answer. Science tries to describe our surroundings based on theories. Whether the religious answers are right, or the scientific theories are right, is for you to decide.
Oh captain, my captain, what is true is not a matter of anybody's "decision."
Carl Sagan stated in one of his many ignorant books that some 30% of Americans believe the sun is alive. That is their "decision," and it is as crazy as decisions get.

People change their briefs all the time every wich way. I'm interested, why did you change your beliefs so radically ? Did it occur in degrees ? , for example you were an atheist, then you were a theist, and then a believer in a specific religious god. Or was it even more dramatic than that ? Just curious, no judgment intended. Free choice is one of the perks of having a life as an individual.
My conversion came all at once. My wife had always witnessed to me, but it never made any impact; it was kind of annoying sometimes. But she was sincere in her belief, and concerned for my eternal fate, so I listened to her respectfully.

One night, she was witnessing to me again -- and it hit me. Oh, it hit me so hard. She was right. God loved me, and wanted me to spend eternity with Him in His Heaven. God's love flooded into me -- I felt it, coming from outside of me like a physical thing -- and I broke down crying. I asked her how to pray, and she told me. I told God I believed, and asked Him to forgive my unbelief.

Am I a good Christian? Oh, heavens, no. I don't know anyone who considers himself a good Christian. There are sins I struggle with every day. I don't deserve my salvation; there's no way I could ever earn it myself. But God loves us so much He allowed one aspect of Himself to die a horrific death so that those who accepted His gift may spend eternity in love and light and warmth.

I freely chose my faith. And it's the best decision I ever made.

Bring me a scientist that can create oncidium Kramerianum from dirt and then make a moth to pollinate the thing.
Nah Lets get komplificatereded

Off the leg of one of my chicken pens. I hear a scientist put it there
epifrag.jpg

Until man duplicates a blade of grass, nature can laugh at his so-called scientific knowledge." - Thomas Edison, who knew something about science and discovery

Forum List

Back