why do some believe religion over science

Why? Do you have responses queued up? Then just make your points. If you have good points, you don't need to beg for an assistant.
I don't have responses queued up. I was genuinely interested. No one has the answers. But, if someone wants to give it a shot, I'll listen.

You poor, dear. You're too inept to actually defend your specious opinions so you hide behind walls of cut and paste text.

Care to explain why you sought medical care from those evilutionist atheist doctors as opposed to 'prayer to your gods'' for a cure? You obviously abandoned your gods. That seems cowardly and hypocritical. Are you acknowledging your gods are not to be trusted for curing disease?
There are a lot of doctors who believe in GOD. I know a doctor that works a Deborah Hospital. And this doctor knows others who ask for prayer and believe it is very important in the ultimate healing of patients.

I don't have responses queued up. I was genuinely interested. No one has the answers. But, if someone wants to give it a shot, I'll listen.
I provided a general answer to your somewhat rhetorical questions.

1. It is well known that the universe is ~14 billion years old
2. Before that, as you said, there was nothing. Why does there need to be "something"?
3. One law of thermodynamics posits that the universe will suffer a heat death. All stars will become cold and dark. All molecular motion will cease in the known universe. Elsewhere, life will go on in a form we cannot imagine.
4. The universe probably expands faster as galaxies recede from each other and attract each other at a rate proportional to 1 over the square of the distance between them.

These are trivial concepts compared to the majesty before us, for example electrons, which serve as the surface of every molecule we know, which serve to transmit all our electronic data, which serve in myriad ways we probably cannot yet grasp. And what is this electron?
Someone draw a picture of it, and describe it in detail. I'll pay you good money to do exactly that.

Nature laughs at man's science until he can make a blade of grass. - Thomas Edison

Last edited:
There are a lot of doctors who believe in GOD. I know a doctor that works a Deborah Hospital. And this doctor knows others who ask for prayer and believe it is very important in the ultimate healing of patients.
I do not now a single doctor of medicine who is an atheist. No not one.
They stand in awe of the human body they seek to heal every single day.
Petty atheists mock and ridicule and contribute nothing to any discussion. To the contrary, all they do is dumb down and destroy everything they touch. They should be ignored but too often are not.

There are a lot of doctors who don't believe in your gods or any other gods.

Can you show us a single example of prayer to your gods or anyone else's gods that was responsible for curing a disease?

Can you identify which gods are the most responsive to curing disease by saying prayers?

One of the most extreme of the religioners in these threads admitted to seeking evilutionist atheist medical care for a family member as opposed to praying to Zeus, Amun Ra, whoever. Disappointing not to trust the gods.

It seems strange to me that prior to the development of modern evilutionist atheist medical science, people died from the affects of a simple scratch that became infected. Were the gods just too busy to cure infections?

I do not now a single doctor of medicine who is an atheist. No not one.
They stand in awe of the human body they seek to heal every single day.
Petty atheists mock and ridicule and contribute nothing to any discussion. To the contrary, all they do is dumb down and destroy everything they touch. They should be ignored but too often are not.
I'm guessing you only know one or two doctors or, at best, just rattle on with nonsensical pabulum to press your extremist religionism.

It's remarkable just how angry and self-hating religious extremists tend to be.

2. Before that, as you said, there was nothing. Why does there need to be "something"?
3. One law of thermodynamics posits that the universe will suffer a heat death. All stars will become cold and dark. All molecular motion will cease in the known universe. Elsewhere, life will go on in a form we cannot imagine.
4. The universe probably expands faster as galaxies recede from each other and attract each other at a rate proportional to 1 over the square of the distance between them.

These are trivial concepts compared to the majesty before us, for example electrons, which serve as the surface of every molecule we know, which serve to transmit all our electronic data, which serve in myriad ways we probably cannot yet grasp. And what is this electron?
Someone draw a picture of it, and describe it in detail. I'll pay you good money to do exactly that.

Nature laughs at man's science until he can make a blade of grass. - Thomas Edison
“The idea of a supernatural being creating and governing this earth is a phantom born in the mind of the savage. If it had not been born in the early stages of man's mental development, it surely would not come into existence now. History proves that as the mind of man expands, it does not discover new gods, but that it discards them. It is not strange, therefore, that there has not been advanced a new major religious belief in the last 1300 years. All modern religious conceptions, no matter how disguised, find their origin in the fear-stricken ignorance of the primitive savage.”
― David Marshall Brooks, The Necessity of Atheism

Just wondering....if you received a message out of the sky, no body, just voice, that said 'If you repent of your sins I will heal your nation.' Would you do it?

On point #2. As I said in another example, everything has to physically end somewhere but then there has to be something after that and after that and after that. But, how can the universe go on into infinity because it has to physically stop somewhere and yet there has to be something past that, always. It's so mind boggling that humans can't comprehend it.

So, getting back to point #2 how can something come out of nothing? If there was nothing there in the first place then where did the something come from (the Universe)? There had to be something there before the universe and I don't believe that nothing is a something. There had to be something there before the universe we know of and, as I said, if there wasn't , then where did the universe come from? It had to come from somewhere, even if it just started out as a very small super dense ball of whatever. There has to be something actually beyond what we refer to as the universe, which is supposedly infinite.

My point is that maybe both sides of the argument are correct to a degree. Many things the religious believe in on faith have been proven otherwise by science. And, you could argue that there are still many things that the religious take on faith that will eventually be proven by future science as just being science. But, maybe there will be some things such as in my previous paragraphs that will NEVER EVER be explained by science because there actually is a God. Neither side has to be either totally right or totally wrong.

Same thing goes for evolution. Evolution, to some degree, is a proven fact. To deny it is just plain silly. But, maybe God did create life that evolved on it's own. Or, maybe he pushes the buttons to have it evolve the way he wants it to evolve. Science may eventually prove this but, then again, maybe it won't.

Same thing goes for evolution. Evolution, to some degree, is a proven fact. To deny it is just plain silly. But, maybe God did create life that evolved on it's own. Or, maybe he pushes the buttons to have it evolve the way he wants it to evolve. Science may eventually prove this but, then again, maybe it won't.

"Evolution" in the grand sense, is a fraud. You mean adaptation, or micro-evolution. That takes place but to extrapolate it infinitely is pure nonsense. Or as you say, "It's just plain silly."

"Evolution" in the grand sense, is a fraud. You mean adaptation, or micro-evolution. That takes place but to extrapolate it infinitely is pure nonsense. Or as you say, "It's just plain silly."

Nothing enrages a religious extremist like reason, rationality and science.

There is no science in “creation science” as any and all conclusions are predefined.

(B) BASICS
The 66 books of the Bible are the written Word of God. The Bible is divinely inspired and inerrant throughout. Its assertions are factually true in all the original autographs. It is the supreme authority, not only in all matters of faith and conduct, but in everything it teaches. Its authority is not limited to spiritual, religious or redemptive themes but includes its assertions in such fields as history and science.

Why not provide the Christian fundamentalist "General Theory of Supernatural Creation" What components of objective reality are explicitly not encompassed by science and rationality? There can be no doubt that science today is better able to answer the workings of the natural world than it was a century ago. In this way, science has allowed us to advance in that incremental, stepwise manner closer to a true understanding of objective reality. And science makes no other claim or promise.

The theory of evolution has undergone rigorous review in the scientific community and remains the best, most coherent explanation of the observed development of life on Earth. The term ''theory'', in the context of science discussions, means "a coherent group of general propositions used as principles of explanation for a class of phenomena" (Barnhart 1948). Besides the theory, there is the fact of evolution, the observation that life has changed greatly over time. Supporting the fact of evolution are the complimentary sciences of biology, paleontology, earth science, chemistry, etc. The theory of evolution explains the facts. The theory of evolution is no less valid than theory of gravity, atomic theory, the germ theory of disease, and the theory of limits (on which calculus is based). On the fundamental, most basic issues of the theory of evolution, such as the demonstrated facts of common descent and natural selection, there is no controversy within the scientific community. With near exclusivity, the only controversy emerges from fundamentalist Christianity.

"The universe HAD to come from something."

Or maybe not. There seem to be a lot of armchair omnipotent gods in this thread.

Forum List

Back