why do some believe religion over science

As they already have on a shallow level, the many times we pursued religious belief with scientific method and ended up having to set aside the false religious belief. But really, we can view "Does God exist?" as a scientific question.

However, since it seems that such belief relies on magic, i dont see how it can be pursued with science. There can be no evidence for or against magic., inherently.

Of what? Be specific. Pick one claim you would like evidenced.

Then, also describe what compelling evidence of the claim would look like.

Then let's see if i fail or succeed in meeting your standard.

(This is the point where you always slither away in silence)
Evolutionists claim the evidence supporting a common ancestor for hyraxes, elephants and the sirenians comes from some unusual shared characteristics. Like elephants, manatees, and dugongs, male hyraxes lack a scrotum and their testicles remain nestled in their abdominal cavity. The tusks of hyraxes develop from the incisor teeth, like elephant tusks; in most other tusked mammals, the tusks develop from the canine teeth. And hyraxes, like elephants, have flattened, hoof-like nails on the tips of their toes, rather than the curved claws seen on some other mammals.

I see this as proof of a shared CREATOR DESIGNER. Where are linking/intermediate species? Can an elephant be developed from a hyraxes? Why is this provided as a proof of evolution? Elephants have baby elephants. Hyraxes (regardless of size) only have baby hyraxes. Where is the PROOF? Opinion isn't PROOF! Opinion is a logic play. To believe that Hyraxes and elephants are related is nothing but a religious consideration... Show me absolute proof.

I see this as proof of a shared CREATOR DESIGNER.
Great! So what? That doesn't contradict evolutionary theory. Evolution would just be how the designer operates. Sorry, but you have to modify your magical horseshit to accommodate the facts, not the other way around.

Science is not to be belived, it is to be tested. Over and over and over again. There are no sacred truths in science. There are only new questions to be asked. This is the nature of science.

Great! So what? That doesn't contradict evolutionary theory. Evolution would just be how the designer operates. Sorry, but you have to modify your magical horseshit to accommodate the facts, not the other way around.
H
Great! That is the best you have to offer? Elephants are not related to Hyraxes. Elephants have baby elephants. Hyraxes (regardless of size) only have baby hyraxes. Where is the PROOF? Opinion isn't PROOF! Evolutionists should quit lying and making up evolutionary doctrine to in a very poor attempt to prove what they catcall Creationists about. Now you know why, I don't bother with both your and Hollies' antics. You don't have any poof, you merely accept the "party" line.

Actually, no. Nothing in nature shows any indication of magic or supernaturalism
Create biological life for me from a rock. You must be smarter than nature... Oh wait, wait --- don't tell me! Biological life is a miracle.

why do some people believe religion instead of science
It's tradition, it's a package deal, and a lot of people are lazy and don't want to think for themselves. Plus they grew up with that hatred and bigotry, they can already tolerate it. The seeds of evil are sown. Heaven and hell are here on Earth. It's whatever you make it. End of story.

Create biological life for me from a rock. You must be smarter than nature... Oh wait, wait --- don't tell me! Biological life is a miracle.
A rock is not the place to go when looking for the creation of life. Such a statement as yours would be expected from someone not having even a minimal, middle school education.

A true miracle would be believing the planet is flat, that the earth is 6,000 years old and that fat naked babies playing harps are floating in the clouds.... Oh wait --- don't tell me, miracles require belief that ignorance is a virtue.

The number of Jews and Christians who are Nobel Laureates is considerably larger than the number of atheist Nobel Laureates.

Carl Sagan stated that religious faith and science compliment one another. He was agnostic, and yet his memorial service was held in the Cathedral of St. John the Divine.

The list of contradictions to atheist lies is hundreds of pages long.

Oxford University's Motto is "The Lord is Our Light."

America's Ivy League Colleges all have Christian charters. Name for me one American university with an atheist charter. One hospital. One soup kitchen. One orphanage.
Many scientists have come to their faith through their work; they see evidence of an intelligent creator through science.

As they already have on a shallow level, the many times we pursued religious belief with scientific method and ended up having to set aside the false religious belief. But really, we can view "Does God exist?" as a scientific question.

Examples: adam and eve myth, noah's ark myth

However, since it seems that such belief relies on magic, i dont see how it can be pursued with science. There can be no evidence for or against magic., inherently.
Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
-- Arthur C. Clarke

A thousand years ago, possession and demonstration of a Zippo lighter would get you burned for witchcraft.

Elephants are not related to Hyraxes. Elephants have baby elephants. Hyraxes (regardless of size) only have baby hyraxes.
And how does thi8s tell us they are not related? It doesn't. You have no idea what you are talking about. No part of evolutionary theory says an animal ever gives birth to an animal of a different species.

See what I mean? You know less about evolution than a 10-year old does. You are embarrassing yourself.

B

The uneducated slob has a hard on for teachers. Shocking!
"Uneducated"? Oh, yes, you mean because I don't share your indoctrination.

Meanwhile, in reality:

To support her contention that many more youngsters have been sexually mistreated by school employees than by priests, Ms. Shakeshaft pointed to research conducted for the U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops and released late last month. That study found that from 1950 to 2002, 10,667 people made allegations that priests or deacons had sexually abused them as minors. (“Report Tallies Alleged Sexual Abuse by Priests,” this issue.)

Extrapolating from data collected in a national survey for the American Association of University Women Educational Foundation in 2000, Ms. Shakeshaft estimated that roughly 290,000 students experienced some sort of physical sexual abuse by a public school employee from 1991 to 2000—a single decade, compared with the roughly five-decade period examined in the study of Catholic priests.

Those figures suggest that “the physical sexual abuse of students in schools is likely more than 100 times the abuse by priests,"contended Ms. Shakeshaft, who is a professor of educational administration at Hofstra, in Hempstead, N.Y.

"Uneducated"? Oh, yes, you mean because I don't share your indoctrination.

Meanwhile, in reality:

To support her contention that many more youngsters have been sexually mistreated by school employees than by priests, Ms. Shakeshaft pointed to research conducted for the U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops and released late last month. That study found that from 1950 to 2002, 10,667 people made allegations that priests or deacons had sexually abused them as minors. (“Report Tallies Alleged Sexual Abuse by Priests,” this issue.)

Extrapolating from data collected in a national survey for the American Association of University Women Educational Foundation in 2000, Ms. Shakeshaft estimated that roughly 290,000 students experienced some sort of physical sexual abuse by a public school employee from 1991 to 2000—a single decade, compared with the roughly five-decade period examined in the study of Catholic priests.

Those figures suggest that “the physical sexual abuse of students in schools is likely more than 100 times the abuse by priests,"contended Ms. Shakeshaft, who is a professor of educational administration at Hofstra, in Hempstead, N.Y.

“… research conducted for the U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops…”

No doubt, an objective bunch.

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
-- Arthur C. Clarke

A thousand years ago, possession and demonstration of a Zippo lighter would get you burned for witchcraft.
Less than that - Salem.

“… research conducted for the U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops…”

No doubt, an objective bunch.
Did the Jesuits do the research ? That would help some, they're more objective.

Forum List

Back