Why did Jesus say that His people would be "hated by all" (Mt [?] and Mk 1313)

Jesus said he came only for the lost sheep of Israel.
I would encourage you to read John 10:16. From the NIV:

I have other sheep that are not of this sheep pen. I must bring them also. They too will listen to my voice, and there shall be one flock and one shepherd

Present the book, chapter and verse from the Holy Scriptures as a reference in order to examine the entire context, content and subject matter of the passage presented in a modern English translation such as the KJV,, NKJV, New American Standard, or the original American Standard.

Its so easy to pick a single in a passage and take it away from it contextual integrity.......its a common practice of those who attempt to redefine the original text through a mistranslati

Matthew 15:24 He answered, "I was sent only to the lost ...
Then Jesus said to the woman, “I was sent only to help God’s lost sheep—the people of Israel.” English Standard Version He answered, “I was sent only to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.” Berean Study Bible He answered, “I was sent only to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.” Berean Literal Bible

As always you present a half truth which turns out to be an entire LIE when you omit the entire content that demonstrates truth.

Indeed, Jesus was sent to the lost sheep of Isarel.........as recorded in scripture the majority rejected him and only a few faithful remnant accepted Him while He was living. But the Christ instructed His disciples to spread the Gospel to the entire word after His death. (Mark 16:15), "And He said to them, Go ye into the ALL THE WORLD, AND PREACH THE GOSPEL TO EVERY CREATURE"

When the Jews rejected Him, they basically rejected their own Faith found in the Old Testament that demonstrates that Jesus was and is the Christ of prophecy. Christianity was preached to the Jews only for a decade and still they rejected His teachings of a New Covenant.

It was 10 years after the resurrection of the Christ that the first gentile conversion occurred. In the house of Cornelius a Roman commander of a Legion (1000) Roman soldiers. (Acts 10).

Peter before he even meet Paul stated that the Holy Spirit of God demonstrated to him that Christianity was inclusive to everyone on earth. (Acts 10:34-35)

Last edited:
As always you present a half truth which turns out to be an entire LIE when you omit the entire content that demonstrates truth.

Indeed, Jesus was sent to the lost sheep of Isarel.........as recorded in scripture the majority rejected him and only a few faithful remnant accepted Him while He was living. But the Christ instructed His disciples to spread the Gospel to the entire word after His death. (Mark 16:15), "And He said to them, Go ye into the ALL THE WORLD, AND PREACH THE GOSPEL TO EVERY CREATURE"

Peter before he even meet Paul stated that the Holy Spirit of God demonstrated to him that Christianity was inclusive to everyone on earth. (Acts 10:34-35)

Jesus wasn't a Christian.. He was a Jew. I also posted a link to context where the lost sheep of "Israel" are identified..

R.03eb0b4f508e67041f4b188c1b5bd5fb

Jesus wasn't a Christian.. He was a Jew. I also posted a link to context where the lost sheep of "Israel" are identified..

R.03eb0b4f508e67041f4b188c1b5bd5fb
Whats with map? I prefer the truth found in Scripture to some ad hominem presentation of Man.

So........Jesus was a Jew, but He preached to the Jews of a Kingdom that was to come shortly, after His death. Because Jesus was a Jew does not exclude Gentiles from becoming citizens of the kingdom that came after the death of the Christ. As detailed previously, where I documented each book, chapter and verse that demonstrated that the New Covenant of Christ was inclusive to THE WORLD.

"Truly I say to you; there are some standing here who shall not taste of death, UNTIL THEY SEE THE SON OF MAN COMING IN HIS KINGDOM." -- Matthew 16:28

The kingdom came in the same generation as Christ predicted. On the day of Pentecost after the resurrection and ascension of Christ Jesus (Acts).

Last edited:
So........Jesus was a Jew, but He preached to the Jews of a Kingdom that was to come shortly, after His death. Because Jesus was a Jew does not exclude Gentiles from becoming citizens of the kingdom that came after the death of the Christ. As detailed previously, where I documented each book, chapter and verse that demonstrated that the New Covenant of Christ was inclusive to THE WORLD.

The Jews expected a messiah who was an anointed warrior king like David who would vanquish the enemies of Israel.. notably, the Romans.

I would encourage you to read John 10:16. From the NIV:

I have other sheep that are not of this sheep pen. I must bring them also. They too will listen to my voice, and there shall be one flock and one shepherd
Ah, yes, the diaspora, the same people of concern to James (Js 1:1).

The Jews expected a messiah who was an anointed warrior king like David who would vanquish the enemies of Israel.. notably, the Romans.
What the Christ established was a spiritual kingdom that resides within the heart of men that have accepted the Gospel Truth. (Luke 17:20-21) Just as prophesied in (Jer. 31-34) A kingdom that was unlike the Old Testament Law, a kingdom where the commandments are written in the hearts of men, not on stone.

Ah, yes, the diaspora, the same people of concern to James (Js 1:1).
He didn't specify that it was only Jews, and if you think about it, why would God specify Jews that weren't part of His flock? We do know that He was sent to the Jews but God intended to open it up to the Gentiles.

The kingdom arrived before his death.

Exactly. After the death of Christ.
Simply present the book, chapter and verse that demonstrates the kingdom came while the Christ was still living.

The Christ instructed Peter to open the kingdom/church on the ROCK of truth that Peter reveled. Jesus was the Son of God, the Christ of prophecy. Mattew 16.

"Jesus answered him, (Peter just declared that Jesus was the Son of God when asked who he thought Jesus was), "Blessed are you Simon-Bar-Jonah (meaning the SON OF), blood has not revealed this to you, but My father who is in heaven. And I also say that to you that are Peter, on this rock (the truth that Jesus was the Messiah) I WILL BUILD (not have already built) My church, and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it. And I will give to you the keys to the kingdom (meaning the kingdom was not yet opened) of heaven, and whatever you bind on earth, will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth shall be loosed in Heaven."-- Matthew 16:17-19

And Peter used those keys to open the Kingdom of God on earth.........on the day of Pentecost after the death, resurrection and ascension of the Christ. And Peter informed (bind on earth) us what it took to enter that kingdom (loosed in heaven) (Acts 2:14-26)

More later...........I have duties to perform.

Last edited:
He didn't specify that it was only Jews
He didn't specify that the other sheep were foreigners. But he did specify that he came only for Israel. "I was sent only to the lost sheep of the house of Israel" (Mt 15:24).

Matthew confirms it. [H]e will save his people from their sins (Mt 1:21, emphasis added).

Only after Christ did foreigners begin to enter the kingdom. He charged his disciples - all Jews - to love their neighbors, to make disciples of nations, to do greater works than he. And they did those things. Christ came for Israel; the Christians came for the world.

Simply present the book, chapter and verse that demonstrates the kingdom came while the Christ was still living.

The Christ instructed Peter to open the kingdom/church on the ROCK of truth that Peter reveled. Jesus was the Son of God, the Christ of prophecy. Mattew 16.

"Jesus answered him, (Peter just declared that Jesus was the Son of God when asked who he thought Jesus was), "Blessed are you Simon-Bar-Jonah (meaning the SON OF), blood has not revealed this to you, but My father who is in heaven. And I also say that to you that are Peter, on this rock (the truth that Jesus was the Messiah) I WILL BUILD (not have already built) My church, and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it. And I will give to you the keys to the kingdom (meaning the kingdom was not yet opened) of heaven, and whatever you bind on earth, will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth shall be loosed in Heaven."-- Matthew 16:17-19

And Peter used those keys to open the Kingdom of God on earth.........on the day of Pentecost after the death, resurrection and ascension of the Christ. And Peter informed (bind on earth) us what it took to enter that kingdom (loosed in heaven) (Acts 2:14-26)
If I am not mistaken, the founding of the Church happened with the baptism of the Holy Spirit on the Day of Pentecost. Jesus said He had to leave so the Spirit could be sent.

He didn't specify that the other sheep were foreigners. But he did specify that he came only for Israel. "I was sent only to the lost sheep of the house of Israel" (Mt 15:24).

Matthew confirms it. [H]e will save his people from their sins (Mt 1:21, emphasis added).

Only after Christ did foreigners begin to enter the kingdom. He charged his disciples - all Jews - to love their neighbors, to make disciples of nations, to do greater works than he. And they did those things. Christ came for Israel; the Christians came for the world.
That was God's design from the start. Jesus came to God's people, the Jews, who were then charged to evangelize the world.

Yep. He came only for the hose of Israel.
Who was then commanded to evangelize the world. Jesus mission was to form a Church that would call the whole world into relationship with Him.

Matthew 28:19-20:

19 Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.”

OK, I know what I think about it.. now I would like to have the thoughts of others..

esp: Do they feel hated much when standing up for Christ's ways/words?

It depends on the extent to which the hearer has embraced the "prince of the power of the air"

Lately, this happens often.

Yep. He came only for the hose of Israel.

So to the Christian it seems you're making a pointless argument here. Jesus is God. He was before time began and He will exist as God, and with God, for eternity. The fact that His three years in ministry were focused on evangelizing the "lost house of Israel" says nothing to us about...anything, really**. His last action as a man--dying--was to make way for ALL who would believe and in His resurrected form He said as much.

**Except that God was fulfilling His promises to Israel of course, about the Davidic line

[T]he kingdom of God is in the midst of you. (Lk 17:20-21)
No.........Christ stated that the Kingdom of God rests within the believer.......he said nothing about when the keys to the kingdom would be used in Luke 17:20-21 Read the context of the entire passage of scripture and it explains that they are conversing about the kingdom and when it should come. Read the pervious passage, Luke 17:20, "And when he was demanded of the Pharisees, WHEN THE KINGDOM OF GOD SHOULD COME (meaning that it was not there at the specific come it was to come...i.e., in the future), and he answered them and said, "THE KINGDOM OF GOD COMETH (yet to come),NOT WITH OBSERVATION."

Then he goes on to clear up the confusion of those who did not comprehend, "Neither shall they say, Lo here! or Lo there!, for, behold, THE KINGDOM OF GOD IS WITHIN YOU (not in the midst of you.....but specific to the individual)" -- Luke 17:20

He declared the kingdom is within YOU. You is a 2nd person pronoun. A 2nd person pronoun refers to a PERSON being addressed by the writer.

Jesus stated clearly with no ambiguity whatsoever, "..........My kingdom is not of this world...........but now My kingdom is not hence from here." -- John 18:36 "HENCE": not at this time. Example: "A year hence it will be forgotten" Meaning the kingdom was hence from that time He was speaking.

I find it strange that certain cults must use their own translation of the Holy Scriptures instead of simply accepting the universal translations that have came though the process of Comparative contextual Analysis.....Translations that are verified with this process such as the King James, the New King James, the American Standard.....the New American Standard, English Standard version, etc.,,

If we use your translation then we must allow it to contradict other passages of scripture. The Kingdom of God is addressed numerous places in the scriptures. (John 18:36), .....kingdom not of this world. The kingdom could not be an earthly kingdom because of the Prophecy foretold in the old testation. Jeremiah prophesied that "Coniah" would be the last of the independent, sovereign kings of that nation, "For none of his descendants shall prosper, sitting on the throne of David, and ruling any more in Judah" (Jer. 22:30) Jesus was the fleshly descendent of Coniah who was also known as "Jeconiah" (Matthew 1:11; therefore, Jesus will never rule from David's throne in an earthly manner.....as He is forbidden by God to set on the throne in Jerusalem.. It is true that Jesus sets on the throne of David but not in Jerusalem.....in heaven at the right hand of God (Luke 1:32, Acts 2:30)

Its a spiritual kingdom that Christ sets in rule, not a physical kingdom, not of this world as He stated. (John 18:36)\

He (Christ) clearly stated, "There are some standing here who shall not taste of death tell they see the kingdom of God." -- Luke: 9:27

Unless there are 2000 year old people walking around...........the kingdom of God has existed since the day of Pentecost when Peter preached its first gospel sermon (Acts).

The reign of Christ can't exist at Christ's 2nd resurrection as that is when the kingdom ends and the throne turned back to the Father (God) -- 1 Cor. 15:24-25.

Jesus sets in rule NOW........and has since Peter used the keys to open the spiritual kingdom of God on earth. Paul has written us that the Father, "has delivered us from the power of darkness and conveyed us into the kingdom of the Son, of His love, in whom we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sin." -- Col. 1:13-14

Entrance into this kingdom is predicated on rebirth, as Jesus declared, "Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and THE SPIRIT, he cannot enter the kingdom of heaven." -- John 3:5, with the application of water being a clear reference to water baptism (Acts 10:47, 1 Peter 3:20-21).

Conclusion; THE KINGDOM of GOD, the KINGDOM OF HEAVEN, and the KINGDOM of the SON are all in reference to the church that Christ established, he being the cornerstone, with Peter having the keys to open that kingdom on earth in order to be spiritually conveyed into the kingdom through a symbolic death of the physical body....being buried in water to arise new without sin......just like new born child.........The CHURCH is that KINGDOM.

Its not water that saves you.....its the faith you have in believing the process as described in scripture. It takes Faith and Works as they work in harmony. One is worthless void of the other. (James 2:14-26) If you have faith, you must work with faith in doing the righteous work of the kingdom. Faith and Works do not contradict one or the other.......they work together, as James stated, "Faith without works is dead........"

The demons believe in fear and trembling, "You believe there is one God. You do well, Even the demons believe and tremble....." -- James 2:19 Just believing will not save you........you must act on that faith.

Last edited:
OK, I know what I think about it.. now I would like to have the thoughts of others..

esp: Do they feel hated much when standing up for Christ's ways/words?

Why did Jesus say that His people would be "hated by all"​

Romans... dimcraps... what's the diff?

there is a good example ^ ... the ensuing scriptural discussion is compelling -

if however by the generic, descriptive accounting's of the events the itinerant died without a single "follower" - apostle's or anyone else at their side - their liberation theology was not for "today's" desert religionists - but the opposite, homeless - lost, mostly unmarried ... yet sinless individuals ... being their true criteria of those being hated - by all others.

Forum List

Back