Why did Jesus say that His people would be "hated by all" (Mt [?] and Mk 1313)

Why did Jesus say that His people would be "hated by all"​

there is a good example ^ ... the ensuing scriptural discussion is compelling -

if however by the generic, descriptive accounting's of the events the itinerant died without a single "follower" - apostle's or anyone else at their side - their liberation theology was not for "today's" desert religionists - but the opposite, homeless - lost, mostly unmarried ... yet sinless individuals ... being their true criteria of those being hated - by all others.
The scriptures are clear. Jesus stated that He was hated first and His followers would be hated for His Namesake. Because they accepted Christianity. (Matthew 24:9) Every Christian will be subject to tribulations in the last days......we have been living in the last days for over 2000 years. Peter spoke when he delivered the first gospel sermon of the new kingdom/church, "And it shall come to pass in the last days, says God, that I will pour out of My Spirit on all flesh...............(Acts 2: 1-46) Peter details those days when he was preaching.........were the last days spoken of by David, when God poured out His Spirit to establish the kingdom/church.

We are living in the last days with the last covenant between man and God......the New Testament of Grace, the end will come without warning, as a thief in the night, the earth and all the elements shall melt with fervent heat. THE END.....or the beginning for those protected in the kingdom of God. (2 Peter 3:10)

Last edited:
I am trying to think of someone who hates me for anything. In Jesus' day, he plainly saw that families were at odds with each other over his teachings. While there have always been many different beliefs in my family, it has never put us at odds with each other. Something to consider...may not be such a good thing?
if you aren't hated bc of Jesus (Truth), then you are not fully Christian... St Paul said that we must "undergo many hardships in order to enter Heaven"

and of course.. the op psg.. and it also says the same thing in Matthew.. 19? I could find it..

Jesus did not come to give us a pleasant life... except that prayer can be pleasant as we drawn near to Him... Elsewhere in the Word it says that if we suffer with Him we will reign with Him

People at large hate being told what to do. Even more than that they despise being told what is right and what is wrong. People see an inner light aglow in some Christians. In themselves they see no such light. They want people with such light inside them to be as dark inside as they are, dark as bullet holes. That, in a nutshell, is about it.
i agree but i think there is more to it... when I have stood for truth, i have been persecuted severely.. To stand for simple truth and justice is to stand for Jesus who embodies those things... and people do not want to conform to truth and jutice..

think Trump

2 impeachments... etc...

i agree but i think there is more to it... when I have stood for truth, i have been persecuted severely.. To stand for simple truth and justice is to stand for Jesus who embodies those things... and people do not want to conform to truth and jutice..

think Trump

2 impeachments... etc...

How were you severely persecuted?

if you aren't hated bc of Jesus (Truth), then you are not fully Christian... St Paul said that we must "undergo many hardships in order to enter Heaven"
What if one qualifies on the hardship account, but still is not hated?

that'ss exactly it

Christians have done their share of terrible things like the slaughter of the Cathars and the Knight Templar.. the witch burnings, the genocide of the Native Americans, slavery, Christian boarding schools for Indian children, the Iraq war... and so on.

The world (i.e. Israel) hated the converted Jews because their message conflicted with temple traditions and teachings.

In so much of human history after the first century, Christianity and Christians have enjoyed much reverence and appreciation in the world. Not hated at all.

Christians have done their share of terrible things like the slaughter of the Cathars and the Knight Templar.. the witch burnings, the genocide of the Native Americans, slavery, Christian boarding schools for Indian children, the Iraq war... and so on.
Christians? Lots of people have donned that cloak without knowing the first thing about Christianity.

Jesus said few would make it...

the longer I live the more I see howw true that is....

What if one qualifies on the hardship account, but still is not hated?
well, I am not the most evangelical person but I have been severely persecuted for standing up for truth and justice... maybe I didn't alwayss do it perfectly but i did it and paid for it dearly

it seems most Christians just take the easy path... go along to get along... THat is not the way to heaven... Don't argue with me, take it up with Jesus who said that.

well, I am not the most evangelical person but I have been severely persecuted for standing up for truth and justice... maybe I didn't alwayss do it perfectly but i did it and paid for it dearly

it seems most Christians just take the easy path... go along to get along... THat is not the way to heaven... Don't argue with me, take it up with Jesus who said that.

You poor thing.

Actually, I am not arguing with you, these are just reflections. For example, I teach at public schools, never bring up the subject of religion. People just know (or perhaps surmise) that I am a person of faith. It has never caused a problem. Sometimes a student will (more or less privately) bring up a religious teaching in their own faith because they are wondering about that teaching. My response is always from the perspective of that student's faith.

Even in high school people knew I would not do drugs or alcohol. I was never given a hard time--in fact, people would ask me to go with them so they would not be pressured, either. People are good--we have that divine spark.

Forum List

Back