Why did Jesus say that His people would be "hated by all" (Mt [?] and Mk 1313)

rightnow909

Diamond Member
Oct 5, 2021
OK, I know what I think about it.. now I would like to have the thoughts of others..

esp: Do they feel hated much when standing up for Christ's ways/words?

OK, I know what I think about it.. now I would like to have the thoughts of others..

The Christian predictions of end times is the biggest threat to humanity in the entire world.

So far at least, until Muslim countries obtain the nuclear deterrent.

The Christian predictions of end times is the biggest threat to humanity in the entire world.

So far at least, until Muslim countries obtain the nuclear deterrent.
oh please

not worth my time...

should have said this post is for Christians...

I would like to have the thoughts of others.
I am trying to think of someone who hates me for anything. In Jesus' day, he plainly saw that families were at odds with each other over his teachings. While there have always been many different beliefs in my family, it has never put us at odds with each other. Something to consider...may not be such a good thing?

People at large hate being told what to do. Even more than that they despise being told what is right and what is wrong. People see an inner light aglow in some Christians. In themselves they see no such light. They want people with such light inside them to be as dark inside as they are, dark as bullet holes. That, in a nutshell, is about it.

Jesus warned His disciples if they were living such unaffecting lives that all men were speaking well of them (giving them praise) regardless of their relationship with God...........Jesus informed them they were not carrying out His (Jesus') mission. (Luke 6:26)

Its like the old axiom when everything in life is coming your way making life easy........its time to back up and punt, as you are going the wrong way.

Jesus told them that they would be hated for His namesake. Why? Jesus explains why you will be hated for defending the truth that He presented........the Gospel Truth. "If the world hates you, you know that it hated Me before it hated you. If you were of this world (secular, non spiritual......as Christianity rests within the heart of the believer not in the physical world --Luke 17:20-21), the world would love its own. Yet, because you are not of this world, (your faith rests within you, not physically dependent upon the world) because I chose you out from this world (when you accepted Christianity into your heart as truth) THEREFORE THE WORLD HATES YOU." -- John 15:18-19)

Because we live in world with a sinful mentality, we should more than expect such personal attacks when you present the truth as instructed by Jesus in the Word of God. They look upon you as some kind of judgmental jerk...who are you to tell them how to live their lives? When you are attacked by such individuals for simply presenting and defending the Gospel Truth you should consider it a blessing as God's word will not return void (Isa. 55:10-11)

"Blessed are you when they revile and persecute you, and say all kinds of evil against you falsely for My sake." -- Matt. 5:11

Another day another dollar................these personal attacks have been going on for well over 2000 years now, nothing has changed as antichrists have existed since Jesus spoke His final words, "It is finished". When the attacks stop.....its time to examine your life style, are you carrying out the mission statement of Christ Jesus?

What is that mission statement? Jesus' purpose on earth was simple........it was to teach the truth (John 18:37) His service to the Poor was to teach the Gospel Truth (Luke 7:22). When the masses followed Him after the miracle of the fish and loaves in order to be feed again with another miracle.......Jesus chastised them and turned them away, because His mission was not to feed the poor but to fed the spirit with the Gospel Truth (John 6:26-27)

Last edited:

Luke 21:17

17 And ye shall be hated of all men for my name’s sake.

Matthew 10:22

22 And ye shall be hated of all men for my name’s sake: but he that endureth to the end shall be saved.

Mark 13:13

13 And ye shall be hated of all men for my name’s sake: but he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.

I think when it says, "all men" it is not referring to absolutely every man that exists. Surely the Apostles could rely on each other and also on their faithful followers for support. However, all others would be against them. They would suffer great persecution and all the Apostles excepting John would suffer a murderous death. No government or people would stand up and protect them and not only the Apostles but many of the saints of those days were persecuted and put to death.

Luke 21:17

17 And ye shall be hated of all men for my name’s sake.

Matthew 10:22

22 And ye shall be hated of all men for my name’s sake: but he that endureth to the end shall be saved.

Mark 13:13

13 And ye shall be hated of all men for my name’s sake: but he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.

I think when it says, "all men" it is not referring to absolutely every man that exists. Surely the Apostles could rely on each other and also on their faithful followers for support. However, all others would be against them. They would suffer great persecution and all the Apostles excepting John would suffer a murderous death. No government or people would stand up and protect them and not only the Apostles but many of the saints of those days were persecuted and put to death.
The word "man" was not stated in those scriptures cited above. It was added long afterwards. By the time of Christ & His disciples, Edom/Esau had control of the temple, priesthood, scribes, lawyers, and kingship of the kingdom of Yehuda (Judah). Most people were under the sway of their doctrines, which the Messiah called the "leaven of the Pharisees). The hatred mentioned in those Scriptures is the hatred of Edom Esau pretending to be of the Tribe of Yehuda.

After Yerusalem was destroyed, 70.AD., the Edomites in Rome, pretending to be Romans, sought revenge by tricking the Christians into thinking that honoring the King or Emperor was idolatry. And then those Edomites whispered into the King's ear that the Christians were a threat to him. And thus most Christians perished miserably.
Eventually, Edom took over the Church of Rome and pretended to be Christians. Edom has controlled the Vatican ever since, torturing and killing millions of real Christians just as their Yerusalem cousins had done.

Jesus warned His disciples if they were living such unaffecting lives that all men were speaking well of them (giving them praise) regardless of their relationship with God...........Jesus informed them they were not carrying out His (Jesus') mission. (Luke 6:26)

Its like the old axiom when everything in life is coming your way making life easy........its time to back up and punt, as you are going the wrong way.

Jesus told them that they would be hated for His namesake. Why? Jesus explains why you will be hated for defending the truth that He presented........the Gospel Truth. "If the world hates you, you know that it hated Me before it hated you. If you were of this world (secular, non spiritual......as Christianity rests within the heart of the believer not in the physical world --Luke 17:20-21), the world would love its own. Yet, because you are not of this world, (your faith rests within you, not physically dependent upon the world) because I chose you out from this world (when you accepted Christianity into your heart as truth) THEREFORE THE WORLD HATES YOU." -- John 15:18-19)

Because we live in world with a sinful mentality, we should more than expect such personal attacks when you present the truth as instructed by Jesus in the Word of God. They look upon you as some kind of judgmental jerk...who are you to tell them how to live their lives? When you are attacked by such individuals for simply presenting and defending the Gospel Truth you should consider it a blessing as God's word will not return void (Isa. 55:10-11)

"Blessed are you when they revile and persecute you, and say all kinds of evil against you falsely for My sake." -- Matt. 5:11

When the attacks stop.....its time to examine your life style,
Christianity rests within the heart of the believer; And is revealed by the believer's words and actions in the physical world.
YahShua's Kingdom was not of the Edomite world that controlled Yerusalem. Since He destroyed Yerusalem 65-70 A.D., His Kingdom includes all of Earth.

Well, the Romans did try to genocide Christians for a time.
The Romans didn't hate the Christians; the Jews did. Rome was not the "world" that hated them.

The Romans would not have beaten the Christians in synagogues or tried them for preaching the kingdom (Mk 13:9-10). Controversies over a messiah or a new kingdom did not arise within Roman families; they arose in Jewish families (Mk 13:12).

Christianity rests within the heart of the believer; And is revealed by the believer's words and actions in the physical world.
YahShua's Kingdom was not of the Edomite world that controlled Yerusalem. Since He destroyed Yerusalem 65-70 A.D., His Kingdom includes all of Earth.
!st question. What version of the Holy Scriptures are you presenting. 2nd question why do you not present book, chapter and verse from whatever Bible you are referencing? 3rd question.........why does your statement include a statement that directly contradicts the Christ found in the Holy Bible........Jesus' kingdom....i.e., the kingdom of God....i.e., the Church established by Jesus..........this kingdom that exists today is not a physical kingdom nor will there ever be a physical kingdom on earth.

Example: Where is the kingdom of God located? While Jesus was on earth He often spoke of a coming kingdom. He promised His disciples that it would come with power (Mark 9:1) and that power would come with the Holy Spirit (Acts 1:8).

We read in the in the book of Acts that the Holy Spirit of God came on the day of Pentecost (Acts 2).

Therefore the kingdom that Jesus and the Prophets of Old spoke about was established on that day which was over 2000 years ago. This spiritual Kingdom (Luke 17:20-22) is still alive and active today, adding citizens every day.....to the point that it now includes 1/3 of the world's population Major religious groups - Wikipedia

For premillennialists to deny that the Kingdom of Daniel 2:44, 7:13,14, Col. 1:13, Heb. 12:8, Matthew 16: 19 is the same institution as the "church" of Matthew 16:18, Eph. 1:22-23, 5:23, 24, Col 1:18,24, 1 Tim. 3:15, is nothing new.

Last edited:

Another day another dollar................these personal attacks have been going on for well over 2000 years now, nothing has changed as antichrists have existed since Jesus spoke His final words, "It is finished". When the attacks stop.....its time to examine your life style, are you carrying out the mission statement of Christ Jesus?

What is that mission statement? Jesus' purpose on earth was simple........it was to teach the truth (John 18:37) His service to the Poor was to teach the Gospel Truth (Luke 7:22). When the masses followed Him after the miracle of the fish and loaves in order to be feed again with another miracle.......Jesus chastised them and turned them away, because His mission was not to feed the poor but to fed the spirit with the Gospel Truth (John 6:26-27)

Jesus said he came only for the lost sheep of Israel.

While Jesus was on earth He often spoke of a coming kingdom. He promised His disciples that it would come with power (Mark 9:1) and that power would come with the Holy Spirit (Acts 1:8).
Jesus spoke of a kingdom that had already come during his ministry. The kingdom would come in power when the thorn in its side - apostate Judea - was plucked out, which it soon was.

And so history affirms - the kingdom did come in power.

Jesus said he came only for the lost sheep of Israel.
Present the book, chapter and verse from the Holy Scriptures as a reference in order to examine the entire context, content and subject matter of the passage presented in a modern English translation such as the KJV,, NKJV, New American Standard, or the original American Standard.

Its true that Jesus preached to the Nation of Israel...exclusively, the majority of the Jews rejected His teachings of a New Covenant, and it was through their rejection that slavation was inclusive to the WORLD, as Jesus instructed His disciples to spread the Gospel to the entire world. (Mark 16:15)

Its so easy to pick a single in a passage and take it away from it contextual integrity.......its a common practice of those who attempt to redefine the original text through a mistranslation.

As far as Jesus presenting the gospel to Israel.......indeed there was a remnant of the People of Israel that accepted Christianity and Jesus as the Messiah of Prophecy. The Gospel was totally exclusive to the Jews in the first 10 years of the infant church that Christ established, the 1st gentile convert did not accept Christianity until the conversion of Cornelius (Acts 10:34-35).

And this conversion that demonstrated that the Holy Spirit of God accepted all the peoples of the earth (Gentiles who had been excluded prior to this conversion) occurred before Saul even meet with Peter when he was converted from a Jew to a Christian as he was made an apostle to the gentiles by Christ Himself when He appeared before Saul on the road to Damascus. Saul was now known a Paul the apostle to the gentiles.

The events that took place in Acts 10 took place before Peter ever meet Paul. It was Peter who stated, "I most certainly understand now that God is not one to show partiality, but in every nation the man who fears Him and does what is right is welcome to Him." -- Acts 10:34-35

The Apostle Paul makes it clear and unambiguous. "What then? That which Israel seeks for, that he didn't obtain, but the chosen obtained it, and the rest were hardened. According as it is written, "God gave them a spirit of stupor, eyes that they could not see, and ears they could not hear, to this very day." David says, "Let their table be a snare, and a trap, a stumbling block, and a retribution to them. Let their eyes be darkened, that they may not see. Bow down their back always. "I ask then, did they stumble that they might fall? May it never be! But by their salvation has come to the Gentiles, to provoke them to jealousy. Now if their fall is the riches of the world, and their loss the riches of the Gentiles; how much more their fullness? For I speak to you who are Gentiles. Since I am an Apostle to the Gentiles, I glorify my ministry; if by any means I my provoke to jealousy those who are of my flesh (Jews), and may save some of them. For if the rejection of them is the reconciling of the world, what would their acceptance be, but life from the dead." -- Romans 11:7-15

Last edited:
Present the book, chapter and verse from the Holy Scriptures as a reference in order to examine the entire context, content and subject matter of the passage presented in a modern English translation such as the KJV,, NKJV, New American Standard, or the original American Standard.

Its so easy to pick a single in a passage and take it away from it contextual integrity.......its a common practice of those who attempt to redefine the original text through a mistranslation.

Matthew 15:24 He answered, "I was sent only to the lost ...
Then Jesus said to the woman, “I was sent only to help God’s lost sheep—the people of Israel.” English Standard Version He answered, “I was sent only to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.” Berean Study Bible He answered, “I was sent only to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.” Berean Literal Bible

Forum List

Back